Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Season coming to an end. Thoughts on Stage Racing?

Started by Team21, October 19, 2017, 10:10:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Team21

I for one think it's about the only thing NASCAR has done in recent years that has worked.

I didn't think it was a good idea in the beginning, but it seems to have led to more interesting racing. Not gonna lie, the racing before was getting boring. Race starts, then is boring till about 20 to go. At least now they seem to be racing the entire race.

Not sure if the points are where they need to be. 10 seems to be a lot. A driver could nab 20 points a race JUST by winning the Stages. Maybe top 5? Not top 10? 5, 4, 3, 2, 1?

Bottom line... I for one like it. Just wonder if 10 points is too much per stage.

Thoughts?
Avoid the rush... HATE TEXASS EARLY!

riccoar

I think Kansas will be good because of the scenario.  Coming to the cut to 8.  Two are already guaranteed.  So six spots between 10 drivers and the points are close.  The guys in 9-12 probably focus on trying to pickup a Stage win.  Me personally, I want the 78, 18, and 42 to be 3 of the 4 in Miami.  They are the 3 best this season.

holeinthewall

I don't think the 18 is going to make it out of this round.  More road courses and remove talladega from the fall schedule.  That dump has no business deciding who make it to the next round

str8volfan

only problem I have with stage racing is that they throw the caution at the end of the stage. I absolutely think Talledega should be in the Chase.

holeinthewall

Quote from: str8volfan on October 20, 2017, 06:58:13 pm
only problem I have with stage racing is that they throw the caution at the end of the stage. I absolutely think Talledega should be in the Chase.

Exactly either no caution or the laps don't count between the yellow and the green to start stage 2.

Team21

So if the laps don't count, then you have to allow pit stops where you don't gain or loose. Restart exactly where you ended. Also, no lucky dog.

I don't mind the laps counting. It adds more strategy choices.

Btw, my team starts last today. Crap!
Avoid the rush... HATE TEXASS EARLY!

10thPlanet