Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our Fanbase SUCKS!!!!!

Started by Nuclear Hog, November 09, 2013, 03:08:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuclear Hog

Our fan base is one of the worse I have ever seen. We blame everyone from players to coaches to previous coaches to individual players to the AD. Come on people. Is it that hard to comprehend that we have freshman and sophomores starting all over the place. We are a YOUNG team. We are inexperienced. We have played probably one of the toughest schedules we have ever played. You people are very inpatient and unbelievable. You people b*tch and whine more than a PMSing bipolar chick who hasn't had chocolate in days. Good grief give these boys and coaches time. And before someone says look what Gus is doing remember that all those boys he has to work with are his boys he recruited two years ago.

pfrg999

So since you are a fan does that mean you suck as well ???
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Wayne Watson

Quote from: pfrg999 on November 09, 2013, 03:09:36 pm
So since you are a fan does that mean you suck as well ???

He's spot on.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: philpott50 on November 09, 2013, 03:08:26 pm
Our fan base is one of the worse I have ever seen. We blame everyone from players to coaches to previous coaches to individual players to the AD. Come on people. Is it that hard to comprehend that we have freshman and sophomores starting all over the place. We are a YOUNG team. We are inexperienced. We have played probably one of the toughest schedules we have ever played. You people are very inpatient and unbelievable. You people b*tch and whine more than a PMSing bipolar chick who hasn't had chocolate in days. Good grief give these boys and coaches time. And before someone says look what Gus is doing remember that all those boys he has to work with are his boys he recruited two years ago.

What did Gus' boys do last year?

I didn't expect much this year, but I did expect to see a team get better as the year progressed.  I don't think we are better now than we were in September.  If we were to play ULaLa next week, I think they might beat us.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hoggish1

Well said.  We have improved.  We need better tackling in space and guys who can cover receivers.  We are going to have those type players, but right now our problems are clearly in the secondary.

MtPorker

Some of those beautiful missed tackles at corner were from an experienced player.  Eric Bennett cant cover me, and I'm old and fat.  Truth is we need better players, these are not improving.

Jamie Jones

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 09, 2013, 03:12:36 pm

I didn't expect much this year, but I did expect to see a team get better as the year progressed.  I don't think we are better now than we were in September.  If we were to play ULaLa next week, I think they might beat us.
Gus' boys last year??? Well, they were playing in an offense that they weren't recruited for (sound familiar?), for a coach who only won at Auburn because of a freak athlete at qb.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: jhawg2009 on November 09, 2013, 03:17:22 pm
Gus' boys last year??? Well, they were playing in an offense that they weren't recruited for (sound familiar?), for a coach who only won at Auburn because of a freak athlete at qb.

...and the same head coach that won a NC with Gus.  My point is, Gus is winning with a team that couldn't beat a JLS coached team at home!

Either we don't win because of talent or because of the system...which is it?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

farmhawg

I guess this inflammatory thread stays because its fits someone's agenda........
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Jamie Jones

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 09, 2013, 03:20:23 pm
...and the same head coach that won a NC with Gus.  My point is, Gus is winning with a team that couldn't beat a JLS coached team at home!

I thought I was clear. We are void of talent to run CBB's offense. And void of talent to run ANYONE'S defense. If Auburn had replaced Cheesewiz with Gus last year, JLS would have won 3 games instead of 4. They are built for Gus' system, because Gus built them.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Torqued pork

The fanbase is also rebuilding. Give us 3-5 years, or is it 5-7 years now?

MiHogsMi

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on November 09, 2013, 03:25:45 pm

LOL!!

I see what you did there.

BTW what is our fanbase recruiting ranking?  I think we are on some 4* Hogville newbies.
I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.

wupigsuey

seventy five three
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

BigSexyHog

Ray Biggers says 10-12 years
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

razorbackkid

Post of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well played sir...very well played!!
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: jhawg2009 on November 09, 2013, 03:25:09 pm
I thought I was clear. We are void of talent to run CBB's offense. And void of talent to run ANYONE'S defense. If Auburn had replaced Cheesewiz with Gus last year, JLS would have won 3 games instead of 4. They are built for Gus' system, because Gus built them.

Everybody thought Auburn had no talent, either.  But, they're winning.  And people make excuses like, "It's because Gus recruited them 2 years ago." 

My question remains...is it talent (or lack thereof) or the system?  Seems Auburn is winning regardless.  Many on here think that all Auburn/Gus does is pass.  How many passing yards--or attempts--did Gus amass against us?  He coached to his team's strength and his opponents' weaknesses.  Always has, most likely always will.  Any great coach does the same:  he gives his team the best opportunity to compete (and win).

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

hogmolar

Our "Fanbase" as a whole does not suck. We still support the Hogs and understand it is what it is.

Who does suck are the "entitled fans" who somehow become Superman once that can sit behind a keyboard and pass blame along. Don't make assumptions based on the loud ignorance of a few.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: MiHogsMi on November 09, 2013, 03:28:56 pm
LOL!!

BTW what is our fanbase recruiting ranking?  I think we are on some 4* Hogville newbies.

but, but, stars don't matter............
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

BigSexyHog

WilsonHog

November 10, 2013, 09:59:19 am #20 Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:58:29 am by WilsonHog
No, it's not the "fan base."

Do not confuse the fan base with the people who post on message boards, or who call in to radio talk shows.

You can talk to people in the fan base, agree or disagree. I talked to a friend of mine who is a Razorback fan a couple of days ago in his store. He doesn't think Bielema can get it done; I do. The strangest thing happened....we had a conversation for five minutes without either one of us managing to call the other one a fool or an idiot. No raised voices; just had a conversation like normal people do. That's pretty much the norm in the real world.

People on message boards, not so much.

(That's also why I no longer share with anyone away from the board that I am active on message boards. I got tired of getting the "Really? You do THAT?" look).

It's taken me awhile to figure it out. It has nothing to do with "passion." That's a crutch message board posters rely on to somehow justify the things they say to other people. Weak. Message boards aren't about places people go to learn stuff about their favorite teams. That was true maybe 10-15 years ago. Too many places to get that information now. No, people go to message boards to vent, argue, say whatever comes to their drug-addled minds, insult other people, etc. We could change the topic from Razorback football to how the 3rd grade team at the local Y is doing, and within 24 hours we'd see the same kind of trash.

(Want an idea for a great qualitative study? Use Constant Comparative Coding to analyze every post on a message board during blocks of time. I bet a researcher would find that for the most part, the conversations never change - only the date or season).

So, OP, change your thread title to be more accurate.

It should read, "The bottom 5% of our fan base sucks," because for the most part that's pretty much the message board/call-in show crowd. 

LJHOG

Let's see.  Auburn with 4 or 5 years of top 10 recruiting classes and Arkansas with years of somewhere in the 20's or 30's classes.  In fact, the 2010 and 11 classes were worst the anything Nutt recruited.
We are years away from being even remotely relevant in the SEC.

Wants2Win

Quote from: LJHOG on November 10, 2013, 10:04:52 am
Let's see.  Auburn with 4 or 5 years of top 10 recruiting classes and Arkansas with years of somewhere in the 20's or 30's classes.  In fact, the 2010 and 11 classes were worst the anything Nutt recruited.
We are years away from being even remotely relevant in the SEC.
Took Petrino 3.

Cale

you can seriously be comparing the state of talent at aubbie vs us. they had multiple top 5-10 recruiting classes that recruited to Gus' style of play. He missed about 3/4 of a recruiting year. that team is built for his offense already, and they have the talent to make it work well. Of course they're 8-1, they got rid of Cheezcake
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

secfan30

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 09, 2013, 03:33:19 pm

Everybody thought Auburn had no talent, either.  But, they're winning.  And people make excuses like, "It's because Gus recruited them 2 years ago." 

My question remains...is it talent (or lack thereof) or the system?  Seems Auburn is winning regardless.  Many on here think that all Auburn/Gus does is pass.  How many passing yards--or attempts--did Gus amass against us?  He coached to his team's strength and his opponents' weaknesses.  Always has, most likely always will.  Any great coach does the same:  he gives his team the best opportunity to compete (and win).

Auburn has talent. Their recruiting classes the last handful of years have been very good. The last coach was a horrible coach and it showed when he changed the offense and Auburn lost. Gus is a good coach, but you have to admit he did walk into more talent than BB did.

SixtySecondsOfPitino

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 10, 2013, 09:59:19 am
I find my friends to be more agreeable than drug-addled strangers.

JONAS

All fan bases are like this.  I live in Mississippi and the Ole Miss fans are just like us.  Some have even called for Freeze to be fired.

jfisdirtybird

McKdaddy

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 10, 2013, 09:59:19 am
No, it's not the "fan base."

Do not confuse the fan base with the people who post on message boards, or who call in to radio talk shows.

You can talk to people in the fan base, agree or disagree. I talked to a friend of mine who is a Razorback fan a couple of days ago in his store. He doesn't think Bielema can get it done; I do. The strangest thing happened....we had a conversation for five minutes without either one of us managing to call the other one a fool or an idiot. No raised voices; just had a conversation like normal people do. That's pretty much the norm in the real world.

People on message boards, not so much.

(That's also why I no longer share with anyone away from the board that I am active on message boards. I got tired of getting the "Really? You do THAT?" look).

It's taken me awhile to figure it out. It has nothing to do with "passion." That a crutch message board posters rely on to somehow justify the things they say to other people. Weak. Message boards aren't about places people go to learn stuff about their favorite teams. That was true maybe 10-15 years ago. Too many places to get that information now. No, people go to message boards to vent, argue, say whatever comes to their drug-addled minds, insult other people, etc. We could change the topic from Razorback football to how the 3rd grade team at the local Y, and within 24 hours we'd see the same kind of trash.

(Want an idea for a great qualitative study? Use Constant Comparative Coding to analyze every post on a message board during blocks of time. I bet a researcher would find that for the most part, the conversations never change - only the date or season).

So, OP, change your thread title to be more accurate.

It should read, "The bottom 5% of our fan base sucks," because for the most part that's pretty much the message board/call-in show crowd. 

^^^^^
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Prosciutto

Our fan base doesn't suck.

The negativity comes with losing.

I bet you checkout Florida"s message boards and they are pretty negative this morning also.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: Prosciutto on November 10, 2013, 10:36:22 am
Our fan base doesn't suck.

The negativity comes with losing.

I bet you checkout Florida"s message boards and they are pretty negative this morning also.

this... But the elitist or super fans want to thing they are better then anyone else.  This program has a lot of support on many different levels.. The fan base doesn't suck at all.  There is a lot of passion for this team and sometimes people do get carried away but for another so called fan to say all fans suck is just crazy drunk talk. 

rude1

Quote from: MiHogsMi on November 09, 2013, 03:28:56 pm
LOL!!

Stars don't matter, we have got to recruit fans who are going to fit the "system".

MiHogsMi

Quote from: rude1 on November 10, 2013, 10:43:41 am
Stars don't matter, we have got to recruit fans who are going to fit the "system".

LOL....That's being done as we speak.  Lots of "non-system" fans on the bench, suspended and losing scholarships here recently.
I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.

Lake City Hog

So, the bottom 5% is on message boards and you participate here?
And, you are ashamed to admit that you participate here?

In your conversation with your friend did you ever ask him if his brain was "drug addled"? Oh wait, he's not a message board freak, he's not a part of the bottom 5%!

Man you want to talk about arrogance! I need to get your address so I can drop by and borrow a cup of EGO!

SixtySecondsOfPitino

Quote from: lchog on November 10, 2013, 11:27:35 am
So, the bottom 5% is on message boards and you participate here?
And, you are ashamed to admit that you participate here?

In your conversation with your friend did you ever ask him if his brain was "drug addled"? Oh wait, he's not a message board freak, he's not a part of the bottom 5%!

Man you want to talk about arrogance! I need to get your address so I can drop by and borrow a cup of EGO!

I don't see too many admins (whatever that title entails) bashing their own product that often.

TheRazorbackGuy

Arkansas fans seem to think we can average 9 wins a year in the SEC even with all these freshmen playing

DoubleReedHawgCaller

We need an all things sucky fans merged....
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: MtPorker on November 09, 2013, 03:15:48 pm
Some of those beautiful missed tackles at corner were from an experienced player.  Eric Bennett cant cover me, and I'm old and fat.  Truth is we need better players, these are not improving.

He could cover you running backward.  Trust me. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 09, 2013, 03:33:19 pm

Ex...if Auburn had brought in CBB, for example, they would be winning more than the UA.  They have had top recruiting classes, and even with a completely different system, they would be better prepared to compete talent wise. 

Gus's system is working, but what's the upside?  Is it that he gets better recruiting classes?  I doubt they will improve any over what they have been on average over the last 5 years. 

This upside is...he gets a difference maker at QB, and a few of the best skill players in the country.  The big difference in them this season vs. us is, they have a pretty solid two deep on defense, and they are using Gus's method on offense.  And I will NEVER argue that it doesn't work, because it has been proven to work. 

But I still don't understand what your angle is.  Why would you expect us to compare favorably to an AU team that is around 7th in recruiting for the last 5 years, when we have an average in the 25-30 range, with a BIG number of those not even being in uniform any longer?   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on November 10, 2013, 11:43:01 am
Arkansas fans seem to think we can average 9 wins a year in the SEC even with all these freshmen playing

Exactly.  There's really nothing more that needs to be said, but fear not...someone will come along to try to prove you wrong by comparing us to some other team that's doing well with a new coach.   ::)   ...while simultaneously ignoring how much youth and inexperience we have, never mind how many kids we recruited in 2010 and 2011 who are not even on campus any longer.   

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

razorbackkid

When our teams are good our fanbase is good, when the opposite is true, well, the opposite is true.

b-ball coach

Reality is not coming to the forefront with anyone. We were going to struggle offensively- we lost Wilson, Johnson, Gragg, Hamilton. I think everyone understands the offensive struggles. Defensively is another story- why are we worse this year than last? We have had a few injuries but essentially all the starters but 1 were back. I know our secondary struggled last year, but we are worse this year. Our top level head coach is a defensive guy too! Pitiful job defensively this season by this coaching staff.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 09, 2013, 03:20:23 pm

Blame Petrino, Bush and Reagan.  In that order.   ;D

TOM "tbw1"

Most negative posters like the idea that you say whatever you want in complete anonymity and never face any consequences.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

prairiehogcompanion

Our fan base is one of the worse I have ever seen... 

You make a point.

hoglady

Do you honestly think ANY fanbase in the SEC wouldn't be complaining if they were 0-6 in the SEC??
First year coach, 10th year coach - there's going to be complaining and a bunch of it.
Is apathy better??

Those that support this coaching staff 100% spend their time moaning about no talent, recruiting, JLS and Petrino.
Then there are those that question the staff and that's where their ire is directed.
Now we have a bunch of you complaining about the fanbase complaining..
When you lose as bad as we have the last 2 years - EVERYONE is complaining about something.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

dc10x1103

Quote from: Cale on November 10, 2013, 10:08:09 am
you can seriously be comparing the state of talent at aubbie vs us. they had multiple top 5-10 recruiting classes that recruited to Gus' style of play. He missed about 3/4 of a recruiting year. that team is built for his offense already, and they have the talent to make it work well. Of course they're 8-1, they got rid of Cheezcake
I would like to dispute 1 thing you said....gus's team is built for his offense.  that is a load of crap.  THE LINEMAN BLOCK AND THE BACKS RUN.  AND WHEN THEY PASS THE WR'S CATCH.  it is so crazy when someone argues that BB needs a certain kind of player to play in his system.  he needs good players...true.  does he need a special kind of QB?  absolutely not.  he needs one that can pass. maybe run, and one that doesn't panic when things go wrong. do you think alex Collins is a special back that can only play for BB?  no, he could play in anyones system.  the key is that a QB is not going to set the world on fire as a freshman.  I don't care whose's system they are in.  give BA another yr and I think you are going to be surprised.  auburn is not good this year because gus recruited any special kind of player.  they are good because they are good players and because gus is a fantastic coach.  johnny football is great in the spread, but he would also be great in any kind of system.  why are we so bad then?  unfortunetly a lot of our players are probably nice kids but they have problems as players.  would they be good in another system?  they would be the same players no matter what the system would be.  we are bad as a team because of the recruiting a few years ago not because of any system we have now. 

Marshfieldhog

When you lose 11 SEC games in a row everything sucks.. Players, coaches, and fans

hogman99

Well said!