Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What happens if BB get's his 6th year?

Started by lakecityhog, October 22, 2017, 12:29:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

Here are some of the things that I think could very well happen if BB is here for 2018:

I believe that both Wallace and Rogers transfer out and would not be shocked if another O'Lineman or 2 followed suit.
TJ Hammonds and Ty Storey could very well leave.

The only coach that I could see leaving would be Rhoads or possibly Smith. Rhoads could take a HC offer at a mid-level program just to get away from this mess, a 2nd year could kill his career. Smith could be sought after for his Louisiana recruiting. I simply cannot see any team wanting ANY of our other coaches!

I could see us losing a couple of our better recruits, hard to keep the good kids when losing so badly.

And, by mid-season we could very well see BB have an actual breakdown in a PC. This has to be eating at his pride and I'm not sure that he will be able to handle it.

HawgPound

I hope he "resigns" and moves on to something else.

007 License To Squeal

If Belly-Ma is here next year, I will probably look for some of that tattoo removal stuff.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Boardon Hamsay

The melt here will at least provide some entertainment value.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

ShadowTheHedgehog

Lanny will not have to worry about traffic to the Hogville site?

PonderinHog

Quote from: HawgPound on October 22, 2017, 12:30:05 pm
Like most of our football players, he should seriously consider "going pro" in some other profession.

rude1

I could see airplanes dragging banners through the air next year if he is brought back and he doesn't get out the gate quickly. The situation is becoming volatile, fans are frustrated pretty much across the board, the only way to restore hope is to clean house and start over, bringing him back would make fans feel like it is completely hopeless and they have no say, that is when things will cease being civil and start to get bad for both BB & JL.

Ironhawg

Quote from: lakecityhog on October 22, 2017, 12:29:15 pm
Here are some of the things that I think could very well happen if BB is here for 2018:

I believe that both Wallace and Rogers transfer out and would not be shocked if another O'Lineman or 2 followed suit.

The only coach that I could see leaving would be Rhoads or possibly Smith. Rhoads could take a HC offer at a mid-level program just to get away from this mess, a 2nd year could kill his career. Smith could be sought after for his Louisiana recruiting. I simply cannot see any team wanting ANY of our other coaches!

I could see us losing a couple of our better recruits, hard to keep the good kids when losing so badly.

And, by mid-season we could very well see BB have an actual breakdown in a PC. This has to be eating at his pride and I'm not sure that he will be able to handle it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dan Enos move on after this season.  The performance of the offense has got to start sticking to him at some point.

thebignasty

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: thebignasty on October 22, 2017, 12:35:24 pm
This place will be a darn volcano

I also believe Delta, FCJ, and Guv would morph into a Hogville singularity.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

3Scoreand10

thebignasty

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 22, 2017, 12:38:01 pm
I also believe Delta, FCJ, and Guv would morph into a Hogville singularity.

I welcome our new space time anomaly overlords.

cal34

He would be great with his own cooking show.  I think he would also make a great referee.  He likes discussing obscure rules with the officials, it's the only time he says anything during the games.

JOKERHOG

I hope he is fired and publicly humiliated for the fraud he is
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

HoggyCat

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 22, 2017, 12:34:41 pm
I wouldn't be surprised to see Dan Enos move on after this season.  The performance of the offense has got to start sticking to him at some point.

Y'all tried to make it stick to Chaney. Go look at the numbers, it didn't start with Enos.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Ironhawg

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 22, 2017, 12:59:41 pm
Y'all tried to make it stick to Chaney. Go look at the numbers, it didn't start with Enos.

Who is this y'all you are speaking of?

1highhog

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 22, 2017, 12:31:01 pm
If Belly-Ma is here next year, I will probably look for some of that tattoo removal stuff.

Why, do you have a tattoo of Bret Bielema on your chest?

buldozer

CBB will not be here next year. He has sealed that deal.

1highhog

Quote from: cal34 on October 22, 2017, 12:52:07 pm
He would be great with his own cooking show.  I think he would also make a great referee.  He likes discussing obscure rules with the officials, it's the only time he says anything during the games.

He couldn't be a referee and wear those dang windbreakers, besides, referees have to be in shape enough to run.  You think Bielema could run?

Seebs

If CBB gets a 6th year my lawn will look immaculate. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on October 22, 2017, 12:32:03 pm

Lanny will have triple the traffic here next year if Bret is still here. They will be burning everything in sight. Everybody birddogs a car wreck. This one will be fiery.....

PRJ

WayneHawg

I don't spend a dime in Fayetteville in 2018

Ironhawg

Quote from: 1highhog on October 22, 2017, 01:08:08 pm
Why, do you have a tattoo of Bret Bielema on your chest?

Have to be a big chest!

kp72204

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on October 22, 2017, 12:32:03 pm
Oh we would still come. A lot less supporters though

Mr Jade

I can't see a way that CBB is here another year. He's not going to win more than 2 more games the rest of the year, and there simply aren't enough excuses in the book for a 5th year coach to be under .500 and have another losing season. If CBB was usually at 8-10 wins per season and this was his first losing year, that's understandable. This isn't. No one can make a single excuse for CBB.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

parallaxpig

If B stays there will 6-8 on offensive side alone who will transfer. 
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

East Clintwood

Newspaper ads, billboards, banners flying and skywriting.

Hopefully aimed at firing Jeffy.

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Atlhogfan1

Well at least you attempted to guess at some downsides. 

If there are staff changes, which is likely, how do you convince a good asst to come when there is no job security with this situation?

How do sell any recruit this staff will be here beyond next season? 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

island hog

Quote from: JOKERHOG on October 22, 2017, 12:55:24 pm
I hope he is fired and publicly humiliated for the fraud he is
for the team not living up to expectations, you want public humiliation?  That's what happens to coaches like Petrino and Petrino.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: island hog on October 22, 2017, 01:35:24 pm
for the team not living up to expectations, you want public humiliation?  That's what happens to coaches like Petrino and Petrino.

He is set for life and he conned JL to get there.  Has he earned over $20mill in his 5 seasons here?  I don't think so.  What a joke
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Bubba's Bruisers

If BB gets a 6th year, and he won't, Lanny's gonna be rich.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

cal34

Quote from: 1highhog on October 22, 2017, 01:13:02 pm
He couldn't be a referee and wear those dang windbreakers, besides, referees have to be in shape enough to run.  You think Bielema could run?

Not in his present configuration.  They could stick him up in the booth reviewing plays.

davglo35

For the first time nearly ever there won't be any preseason hype. Non of the predicting 9, 10 wins. The whole program is a dumpster fire and with every loss more fuel is thrown in and the bigger the fire gets. There is no way he is here next year. Any man with any pride would concede and just admit that it ain't working.

Hog-Corleone

If he gets a 6th year, guaranteed he'll get a 7th, and probably 8th.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

jgphillips3

If he stays, recruiting will start to dive, talented players will transfer, there will be little to no excitement or hope about next year, donations will tail off and we will be looking at about 5 years before we can hope to be anything.  I mean, if a losing record isn't going to get him fired, what if he wins 7 with a favorable schedule while the best teams still engage in coitus with our skull?  Are we going to fire him then?  When we keep languishing between 5-8 victories year after year, the hope will just die and so will the program.  You have to cut him loose this year or the damage is going to be a LOT worse.  Take recruiting for example, since we only have 12 slots available, we could lose all of them and all it would mean is our next coach could actually bring a nice infusion in.  Wait until the season following and we will miss out on some promising 2019 prospects in State too.  Basically, if Jeff blinks and CBB stays, it is going to suck for years to come.

damgoodestuffyhog

The same thing that happened to the basketball will once again occur under Jeff Longs Watch - total abject apathy.

Will take years to overcome

lakecityhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 22, 2017, 01:35:05 pm
Well at least you attempted to guess at some downsides. 

If there are staff changes, which is likely, how do you convince a good asst to come when there is no job security with this situation?

Do me a favor and attempt to guess at some upsides!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: lakecityhog on October 22, 2017, 03:03:38 pm
Do me a favor and attempt to guess at some upsides!

I'm agreeing with you.  No obvious upsides.  Keeping him would just be on wild ass hope based on nothing right now.  Can't even really reach at this point for something like a recruiting class(which I wouldn't reach for that excuse) or a young emerging difference making player. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Broadway Rob

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 22, 2017, 01:40:45 pm
If BB gets a 6th year, and he won't, Lanny's gonna be rich.

I think I disagree.  I think the apathy has already set in to an extent and would just be worse. 

I actually think Hogville might turn into a ghost town because hog fans won't care about the team enough to come on here at vent.   
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

fieldturf

If Bugula here next year I'll be eating my chili dogs at home on Saturday punching channels.  Matter of fact think I go to Harps right now and get some dogs and get ready to watch the Super Bowl rematch tonight. 

31to6

Quote from: davglo35 on October 22, 2017, 02:43:04 pm
For the first time nearly ever there won't be any preseason hype.
Wrong. All the same idiots will lap up the crumbs from practices and the positive spin on everything from the complaint (complicit?) press and start pumping sunshine when our 1's shockingly overcome *the world* (aka, the scrubs) in the Spring game.

Al Boarland

Quote from: 31to6 on October 22, 2017, 04:42:40 pm
Wrong. All the same idiots will lap up the crumbs from practices and the positive spin on everything from the complaint (complicit?) press and start pumping sunshine when our 1's shockingly overcome *the world* (aka, the scrubs) in the Spring game.
Don't worry. Guys will have a chip on their shoulder this offseason.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 22, 2017, 01:35:05 pm

This scenario is why I see no way to keep him beyond this season. It handcuffs his ability to hire staff or recruit, and even if we somehow magically bounce back with a 9-10 win season in 2018, the damage to the roster will be enormous. It's program suicide to keep him at this point.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Mr. Porkleone

There will be a lot of weekly improvements....per CBB

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on October 22, 2017, 04:54:33 pm
This scenario is why I see no way to keep him beyond this season. It handcuffs his ability to hire staff or recruit, and even if we somehow magically bounce back with a 9-10 win season in 2018, the damage to the roster will be enormous. It's program suicide to keep him at this point.

In this senses all of the hot seat noise creates a situation where you pretty much have to do it. 

I'm not too enthusiastic over the choices out there. But will hope for the best as you never know what situation coaches are in at the current jobs.

RazorRam

Banners will fly. Someone already changed his Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bret_Bielema

RedRazorHog

Quote from: 1highhog on October 22, 2017, 01:13:02 pm

Place would be declared a State of Emergency due to all the structural damage done to buildings and such if he were to actually try to run.  Might be bigger than the Loma Prieto Earthquake.
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

31to6

Quote from: Al Boarland on October 22, 2017, 04:48:40 pm
Don't worry. Guys will have a chip on their shoulder this offseason.
I bet it won't be long before the defense is flying to the football and the new linemen are transforming their bodies.

LZH

Lose more interest than I have already lost.

*sigh*