Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Art Briles; Just say yes.

Started by BoynamedWooPigSooie, October 22, 2017, 09:38:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BoynamedWooPigSooie

It's gonna take extreme measures to fix this thing and he'd take the job cheap.

We need to save money this next hire after wasting so much of it during the Bielema era.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

online-with-swine

WilsonHog

If you had a crystal ball and could show everyone involved that Briles would win the next THREE national championships at Arkansas, he still wouldn't get the job.

cj_sez

Art Briles....JUST SAY NO!!! No one should be hired who has any association with the Baylor rape-culture scandal. Some Hog fans, like me, are women who find the suggestion Briles be hired to be horrendous. Wanna hire Sandusky as well, boy?

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

elksnort

Art Briles was at the FAU game yesterday in the stands. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 22, 2017, 09:41:04 am
If you had a crystal ball and could show everyone involved that Briles would win the next THREE national championships at Arkansas, he still wouldn't get the job.

You're probably right.

To add, I actually believe you couldn't get Long to admit to the mistakes he's made since 2012 and he would claim publicly that he would have handled this fiasco the same way.

And I would still think not hiring is the right decision.

Pork Twain

Him and Joe Pa would be great for the program.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Ironhawg

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on October 22, 2017, 09:38:15 am

We need to save money this next hire after wasting so much of it during the Bielema era.

Never, ever.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on October 22, 2017, 09:38:15 am

The troll skills are strong with this one.

-phil

3kgthog

You are nuts. The UA plays a sexual assault awareness PSA every game during the 3rd quarter. No way in Hades they'd step into that cesspool and contradict everything that message says.

farmhawg

Hell no, not needed in football ever again.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

porkrindjimmy

hogsfan31

Nope. I don't care if Briles won a NC every year for 10 years here. If Briles was hired I would forever stop supporting Arkansas athletics.

Not to mention, this would never happen. We now live in a time where social media and the media period rule everything. The crap storm that would follow the university of Arkansas for hiring Briles would be detrimental. He may not coach again period.

TexasTransplant

If you had a crystal ball and could show everyone involved that Briles would win the next THREE national championships at Arkansas, he SHOULDN'T get the job, although I'm sure there are some on here that would endorse that.

Hawgzinbowlz

Hiring AB would sabotage the program. Not going to happen. "GO HOGS"

Cubbie08

That man should be in jail and will never coach D-1 again.

hoghearted

No, no, a thousand times no.

We can get a good coach, without having to dumpster dive.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Cubbie08 on October 22, 2017, 10:56:56 am
That man should be in jail and will never coach D-1 again.

Briles didn't do any of the raping?  You guys liked Lou Holtz didn't you?

Paul

Cubbie08

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on October 22, 2017, 11:07:20 am
Briles didn't do any of the raping?  You guys liked Lou Holtz didn't you?

He covered it up. Great guy

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Here's a truth you don't want to know.

The best coaches were also the best at sweeping player conduct under the rug and convincing local police to keep a tight lid on incidents.

farmhawg

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on October 22, 2017, 11:21:30 am
Here's a truth you don't want to know.

The best coaches were also the best at sweeping player conduct under the rug and convincing local police to keep a tight lid on incidents.
If that was your mom, sister, wife, or girlfriend that a was raped, what would you say then?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HardCore

The media would put up a crucifix and nail us to it.  Good Coach, but No....not worth the risk.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

hoghearted

I would think we would draw a line at sexual assault.....
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Mike_e

Unless you're going to bring him up there to hang him, no thanks.

edit, i'm not suggesting that anyone actually do it      but he deserves it.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Slater

Quote from: elksnort on October 22, 2017, 09:43:43 am
Art Briles was at the FAU game yesterday in the stands.

His son is the Offensive Coordinator at FAU
Art Briles will never be hired by a reputable school, his next job will be at Liberty working for the Fallwell family
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Tusks

Just because someone unwisely says to hire Briles, DOESN'T mean BB shouldn't be FIRED.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit