Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is our offensive identity? What do we hang our hat on?

Started by Boarcephus, October 22, 2017, 09:21:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

When Bielema first go here his vision was a clear cut, power running game.  Big OL, throw to the TE, have one or two 1000 yard backs and wear people out. That actually worked, to some extent, the first 3-4 years.  After 7 games this year it's fairly obvious this will be the first year Bielema will not have a 1000 yard back unless Whaley or Williams can somehow average 130+ yards a game the remainder of the schedule.  The TE has been a non factor.  You would think that going into year 5 he would have some idea of what he wants to do from an offensive standpoint but he doesn't appear to.  We've morphed into something but I can't tell you for the life of me what it is. 

I suppose the SEC shocked the crap out of him and he's panicking now.  He doesn't know what to do.  That exhibition last night reminded me of the night the US unleashed Desert Storm on the Iraqis.  They were firing blindly into the sky hoping a jet would run into it.  That's how I see our offense these days.   
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

clutch

We don't have one. We've been trending this way ever since Enos arrived. Tried to turn our power run game into more of a dynamic screen game. Now we have a bad run game and a bad screen game.