Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Georgia exploring ...

Started by Swinesong1, March 07, 2017, 06:45:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Swinesong1

The_Iceman

They shouldnt. Baring an injury, they'd be a tournament team.

GoPigs69

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 07, 2017, 07:11:53 pm

How's that?   I thought their record was actually better after the injury?   If they truly had 2 first team all conference players, they probably underachieved. 

Wisco Pig

Assuming Georgia doesn't pull off something special in the SEC tournament, Fox will have two NCAA appearances (and no wins) in eight years at UGa.   His overall record in Athens is 144–116 (.554), 70–68 (.507) in SEC play.  His best record there in any season is 21-12.  Why wouldn't Georgia be exploring its options?

hobhog

Quote from: Wisco Pig on March 07, 2017, 07:41:43 pm
Assuming Georgia doesn't pull off something special in the SEC tournament, Fox will have two NCAA appearances (and no wins) in eight years at UGa.   His overall record in Athens is 144–116 (.554), 70–68 (.507) in SEC play.  His best record there in any season is 21-12.  Why wouldn't Georgia be exploring its options?

Some on here would be pleased with that....

daprospecta

passinghog

He stinks. Now HIS style of play is outdated.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Wisco Pig on March 07, 2017, 07:41:43 pm
  Why wouldn't Georgia be exploring its options?

Because they are Georgia and should know their place?

Hawg Red

Georgia could be a sleeping giant. I don't fear them with Mark Fox leading the program. If someone could get the top Georgia kids to stay home and play for the Bulldogs.....eh, yeah, don't want that. SEC is looking like it could get real tough. Kinda hope Missouri and LSU (and UGA if they make a change) bungle their hires.

hogwood

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 07, 2017, 09:16:13 pm
Georgia could be a sleeping giant. I don't fear them with Mark Fox leading the program. If someone could get the top Georgia kids to stay home and play for the Bulldogs.....eh, yeah, don't want that. SEC is looking like it could get real tough. Kinda hope Missouri and LSU (and UGA if they make a change) bungle their hires.

Lol I know what you mean. Georgia could be a good program. Scary good if they can just recruit ATL well.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 07, 2017, 07:11:53 pm

MA is awful but replacing Fox is a head scratchers?

We should be angry over 2 trips in 6 years but Georgia is CRAZY to even THINK about replacing a guy with 2 trips and not tournament wins in 8?

RagingHawgOn

What has Georgia EVER done? And that includes football. 1980 something football championship?

Hugh Durham was their last good coach. So was Vince Dooley in football.

Most overrrated athletic program in the SEC.

RagingHawgOn

Having said that, I think Fox is a good coach.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/846810990029213696

Quote"We've got a winning foundation right now, a winning culture, because of our overall record and especially our SEC record. We just need to take the next step in our program," McGarity said. "We've been to the NCAA Tournament twice (under Fox) and we know what it feels like and what it takes to get there. Now we just need to get to the point that we're making consistent appearances."

Frierson: What are your thoughts on this season, Coach Fox and the future?

McGarity: As I stated prior to the SEC Tournament, I am in support of Mark leading our team. My support has not wavered and our staff is fully focused on helping Coach Fox and the returning and incoming student-athletes prepare for the 2017-18 season.

With nine lettermen returning that experienced significant playing time last year, and a strong recruiting class joining them, we are in position to be very successful next year. We missed the signature wins this season and that hurt us with our postseason aspirations.

Moving forward, winning those games against top RPI teams will be pivotal. I know we'll have a schedule that will provide these opportunities next season. Mark deserves credit for success in many areas of our program; we have a basketball staff and a group of young men that are committed to improvement in all areas of the program. Everyone associated with Georgia basketball is working hard to be more successful in elevating our program.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net