Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Chaisson

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, April 18, 2007, 01:32:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRazorbackGuy

Why not name him the QB next year... I hear he's already better than Dick

IHateVitale

we all hear alot of stuff...i hear the tv, and online poker chips rattling out of my computer speakers
Darren McFadden~The greatest Razorback ever.  501 baby

TheRazorbackGuy

fact is we RUN the ball... any why not have a RUNNING QB... the QB position is not that important and Dick was 3-21 vs. LSU

press ham

i would not be suprised if david lee has this kid running the option for us in the near future.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: press ham on April 18, 2007, 01:37:55 pm
i would not be suprised if david lee has this kid running the option for us in the near future.

You mean NOW!..... I will make a predict right NOW.... Joe Chaisson WILL NOT redshirt

ceegar

It would work this year for sure.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on April 18, 2007, 01:41:08 pm
I don't know something about the following combination that doesn't seem like it would work too well against SEC lineman and linebackers...

6-2
170 lbs dripping wet
4.6 40 yard dash

How do you know he's better than Casey Dick?  I really believe we don't have the QB necessary to win the SEC title but I'll take my chances with Casey.  Who else are you going to put in?

Really? We'll talk about Dick's 40 time and his 3-21 proformace vs LSU

press ham

I don't know something about the following combination that doesn't seem like it would work too well against SEC lineman and linebackers...

6-2
170 lbs dripping wet
4.6 40 yard dash

How do you know he's better than Casey Dick?  I really believe we don't have the QB necessary to win the SEC title but I'll take my chances with Casey.  Who else are you going to put in?

you know hdn has no problem burning a redshirt.

casey dick has had only 1 good game since he has been here, s. carolina 06. we could definitely see some type of "tebow" package for chaisson. couple that with the wildcat and it could be interesting.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on April 18, 2007, 01:45:21 pm
Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 18, 2007, 01:43:25 pm

6-2
170 lbs dripping wet
4.6 40 yard dash

Really? We'll talk about Dick's 40 time and his 3-21 proformace vs LSU

And a true freshman is going to do any better?  What part of my post did you not read?  I said...

"I really believe we don't have the QB necessary to win the SEC title"

My point is that Chaisson is a dual threat, i.e. he can't pass.  At 4.6, he'll get gobbled up by SEC defenders.  At 170, he'll be out of the game by the 3rd quarter. 

MARK MY WORDS.... you will see CHAISSON at QB this year... he's the dual threat option to go with Casey Dick... he's far more useful than Nathan Dick or Nathan Emert

Wes Craven

I don't care if it is Joe Chaisson or Michael Vick you WILL NOT run the option in Major College football anymore. You can run Read Option out of the Shotgun as it spreads the field but the days of the Triple Option or the Veer Option are over. The SEC is filled with guys who are 6'5" 280 lbs and run 4.6's and 4.7's. That alone dictates an end to option football. Chaisson would last about one series at 170 lbs. We better keep the Gator running and pointed toward the locker room.

press ham

Quote from: Wes Craven on April 18, 2007, 01:50:35 pm
I don't care if it is Joe Chaisson or Michael Vick you WILL NOT run the option in Major College football anymore. You can run Read Option out of the Shotgun as it spreads the field but the days of the Triple Option or the Veer Option are over. The SEC is filled with guys who are 6'5" 280 lbs and run 4.6's and 4.7's. That alone dictates an end to option football. Chaisson would last about one series at 170 lbs. We better keep the Gator running and pointed toward the locker room.

yes the days of exclusive option are over, but you know deep down that hdn and lee would love to pull it out again.

Wes Craven

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 18, 2007, 01:48:07 pm
MARK MY WORDS.... you will see CHAISSON at QB this year... he's the dual threat option to go with Casey Dick... he's far more useful than Nathan Dick or Nathan Emert

Yeah he was so highly touted I can see where you are coming from. Your prediction would have come true if he were attending Texas St. which is the only school he still had an offer from besides us on Signing Day. What makes you think that Nutt can do better with a 6'2" 167 lb Dual Threat QB (translation: can't pass well) when he had the #1 rated QB in America on campus and screwed that up.

Wes Craven

Quote from: press ham on April 18, 2007, 01:53:56 pm

yes the days of exclusive option are over, but you know deep down that hdn and lee would love to pull it out again.

Nutt counts option reads to go to sleep at night instead of sheep.

press ham

Quote from: Wes Craven on April 18, 2007, 01:54:43 pm
Quote from: press ham on April 18, 2007, 01:53:56 pm

Nutt counts option reads to go to sleep at night instead of sheep.

radar...radar...radar...

arkjay19

Quote from: IHateVitale on April 18, 2007, 01:34:26 pm
we all hear alot of stuff...i hear the tv, and online poker chips rattling out of my computer speakers

exactly, some say Emert's gonna be a star, some say C. Dick  is ready to be the man, some say N. Dick and his cannon are ready to lead the team, and others "hear" that Chaisson is the best quarterback. 

We don't know, we're not going to know.  We just have to hope that Casey is ready to be the leader because that's who Nutt is gonna have out there.

Wes Craven

Quote from: arkhog9 on April 18, 2007, 01:57:59 pm
Quote from: IHateVitale on April 18, 2007, 01:34:26 pm

exactly, some say Emert's gonna be a star, some say C. Dick  is ready to be the man, some say N. Dick and his cannon are ready to lead the team, and others "hear" that Chaisson is the best quarterback. 

We don't know, we're not going to know.  We just have to hope that Casey is ready to be the leader because that's who Nutt is gonna have out there.

Very true. We finally agree on something.

press ham

I wonder if they'll use the same signals.  When Jones was here, all Nutt had to do was touch his nose when he was calling the play and you got the radar option.  I wonder if SEC D-Coordinators had this figured out.
[/quote]

how long did it take you?

hawgsav1

I think Chaisson is a decent QB.  Besides, think about how skinny you were in high school and when you get into college.  I'm ssure he will bulk up this summer during summer workouts and stuff.  Also, if he can show some accuracy and ability to run, I wouldn't mind giving him a few chances to throw the ball or run if things aren't going so well.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

TheHogFan

Have ANY of you actually seen him play. I love all these assumptions about a kid who hasn't even practiced yet.
Who told you he was already better than Dick? The little birdy outside your window?

Wes Craven

Quote from: hawgsav1 on April 18, 2007, 02:00:38 pm
I think Chaisson is a decent QB.  Besides, think about how skinny you were in high school and when you get into college.  I'm ssure he will bulk up this summer during summer workouts and stuff.  Also, if he can show some accuracy and ability to run, I wouldn't mind giving him a few chances to throw the ball or run if things aren't going so well.

Let's see: Mitch Mustain 6'3" 205 lbs. coming out of high school with offers to play ANYWHERE he wanted or Joe Chaisson 6'2" 167 lbs. coming out of high school with offers to play at Texas Western and Arkansas. We screwed it up with Mitch what makes us think we can do better with a guy that Rice and SMU didn't even recruit.

Wes Craven

Quote from: TheHogFan on April 18, 2007, 02:12:48 pm
Have ANY of you actually seen him play. I love all these assumptions about a kid who hasn't even practiced yet.
Who told you he was already better than Dick? The little birdy outside your window?
Jim Bob down at the coffee shop heard from Lola's sister's boyfriend that he saw a video of him on the intranet and he threw the ball 79 yards.

slopinhogs

wellllll, he jest don't have any experience you know. it's hard to put a young man under that kind of pressure you know. sure hope Casey doesn't go down.he is all the EXPERIENCE WE HAVE.don't you know.
so it won't be a quick trigger this year it will be the only gun he has.  hope Casey doesn't get hurt and hope he is 200 percent better than last year. have to wait to find out. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Boner

Just because you dislike Nutt, you're not required to dislike Casey Dick. 

I'm not sure everyone knows that.

Also, if you really like Mitch Mustain, you're not required to dislike Casey Dick.

Like it or not, he's probably your starting QB next year.  I know people will say "Its not that we don't like him, we just know he's not any good."  Well, that's bull****, because every time his name is brought up, and even when its not, posters will take any opportunity to dog on him.

Here's the truth:

-Casey struggled a good bit last year
-Casey was a true sophomore last year
-Casey missed much of his first spring practice due to injury
-Casey missed most of the summer workouts due to injury
-Casey wasn't fully healthy for about half the season last year
-Casey (like Mitch) had to look over his shoulder much of the time he was on the field
-Casey (like Mitch) didn't really ever get the amount of snaps in practice needed for a starter

Assuming he's healthy (and it may be a big assumption), I don't see why people can't at least admit that he could be much better this season than last year.

Most players are much better their JR and SR seasons, than their FR and SO seasons.  Most players benefit greatly from spring practice and summer workouts.  Casey will have a lot of things going for him, on and off the field, that he didn't have the last two years.  He wasn't a chump coming out of high school, and he wasn't chump his freshman season.  Just because he's somehow become the "anti-Mitch" doesn't mean that he's going to suck for the next two years.

He's your quarterback, whether you like it or not.  And he has a chance to be a good one, whether you like it or not.

Wes Craven

April 18, 2007, 02:26:33 pm #23 Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 02:31:49 pm by Wes Craven
Quote from: Boner on April 18, 2007, 02:22:42 pm
Just because you dislike Nutt, you're not required to dislike Casey Dick. 

I'm not sure everyone knows that.

Also, if you really like Mitch Mustain, you're not required to dislike Casey Dick.

Like it or not, he's probably your starting QB next year.  I know people will say "Its not that we don't like him, we just know he's not any good."  Well, that's bull****, because every time his name is brought up, and even when its not, posters will take any opportunity to dog on him.

Here's the truth:

-Casey struggled a good bit last year
-Casey was a true sophomore last year
-Casey missed much of his first spring practice due to injury
-Casey missed most of the summer workouts due to injury
-Casey wasn't fully healthy for about half the season last year
-Casey (like Mitch) had to look over his shoulder much of the time he was on the field
-Casey (like Mitch) didn't really ever get the amount of snaps in practice needed for a starter

Assuming he's healthy (and it may be a big assumption), I don't see why people can't at least admit that he could be much better this season than last year.

Most players are much better their JR and SR seasons, than their FR and SO seasons.  Most players benefit greatly from spring practice and summer workouts.  Casey will have a lot of things going for him, on and off the field, that he didn't have the last two years.  He wasn't a chump coming out of high school, and he wasn't chump his freshman season.  Just because he's somehow become the "anti-Mitch" doesn't mean that he's going to suck for the next two years.

He's your quarterback, whether you like it or not.  And he has a chance to be a good one, whether you like it or not.
Yeah it was a pretty heated recruiting battle for him. The recruiters were beating down his door. Furthermore, as a senior he only completed 53% of his passes which is pedestrian and had 14 TD passes to 7 Interceptions. Why in the world did we offer this guy. He must have loved the helmet.

wooly

What's more disturbing is, if the same guy who weighed a 205 LB Mustain weighed Chiasson.  He'll be 150 LBS in real life.

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 18, 2007, 01:39:14 pm

You mean NOW!..... I will make a predict right NOW.... Joe Chaisson WILL NOT redshirt
bold prediction, Nutt's never blown any QB redshirts before... besides Matt Jones, Casey Dick and Mitch Mustain.

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 18, 2007, 01:32:53 pm
Why not name him the QB next year... I hear he's already better than Dick
I've always assumed you loved Dick.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Excellent points Boner. I kept reading last year that "Casey was Nutt's guy." Because Nutt had one more year with him than Gus did?? All the people who got down on Casey last year probably had a right to be upset--at the apparent yanking the rug out from under Mitch, plus Dick's late season passing stats. I think only the most-talented QB (I'm talking a great QB) could have overcome the way our disfunctional offense was run. The more Casey struggled, the more our offense lost the ability to help him (A BIG PROBLEM WITH NUTT'S TEAMS. Example: Robert Johnson.)

I think Casey could have benefitted greatly from another year with Gus--but now let's just hope his experience, limited though it is, catches up to him. And that he looks like he did in his better games last year.

Bomis Hawg

Casey has shown signs of good play, and very bad play at times in both seasons.  Makes you wonder what he COULD do in a good enviroment, and in a full season.  He stepped in late in his frosh year.  Ditto for last year.  Personally, I don't think he's that far ahead of the rest of the crop.

As for Chiasson, I think Joe Jr. could get some PT -- depending on how well Nathan does in fall ball.  Nathan, if all reports are right, is better than Casey.  Wonder how that will play.  I'm a fan of Chiasson's abilities.  If he has any kind of touch, or variations to his throwing speeds, could be a nice addition.  Casey's ability to use the proper touch on passes was borderline pathetic. 

Oh, and he was supposed to be a "dual-threat" out of high school.  I think he has stone feet at times.  I hope Emert has pushed him enough that both are ready to compete hard.  We'll see what Nathan and Joe do come August. 

Biggus Piggus

We need to play a true freshman QB every year.  Nutt does it almost every year.
[CENSORED]!

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 18, 2007, 02:43:50 pm
We need to play a true freshman QB every year.  Nutt does it almost every year.

Yeah, our quarterbacks are always so good, they leave early for the NFL draft. So we're always having to start over with freshmen...OH WAIT, that's not Arkansas I'm thinking of! Sorry.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on April 18, 2007, 02:48:05 pm
Yeah, our quarterbacks are always so good, they leave early for the NFL draft. So we're always having to start over with freshmen...OH WAIT, that's not Arkansas I'm thinking of! Sorry.

Dick is a junior.  Emert isn't a frosh, but his first year of potential PT at the D1 level.
Had Mustain been here, it would be a Sophomore and Junior at the top of the two-deep.
Every class should have a QB.  That QB should get some PT as a frosh, redshirt or otherwise.

krack1925

QuoteYeah it was a pretty heated recruiting battle for him. The recruiters were beating down his door.
Normally you make me laugh but let me tell you one thing..... I think CD did the best he could and we the fans did not treat him right.....  Nutt is the problem not CD.  I will sit and join in on all the coach bashing you want to do but if you start bagging on 19 and 20 all players you might as well go to physical therapy school and write a few e-mails your damn self....