Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oaklawn Anywhere

Started by HawgWild, December 31, 2013, 12:15:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

Any one sign up yet? They're advertising a $100 sign up bonus but don't mention if a minimum deposit is required. What way did you load your account? Credit/debit card? In person/cash? Mail in a check? Other?

TIA

kingoftherapids

i was wondering the same thing. surely it is a deposit 200 get 100 free or something. oaklawn doesnt give away money like this

userpick

Was told it had nothing to do with how much deposited, but how often you wagered.

userpick

Well I just received another message...

"To receive the $100 bonus, you will need to wager $100 within the first 14 days of opening your account."

kingoftherapids

well that isn't hard. 7 days of racing and only 100 bucks? might as well wait til wednesday to open the account

Doebuck

By the looks this is going to be just like twinspires right?

hog_fan

Quote from: Doebuck on January 08, 2014, 08:43:05 am
By the looks this is going to be just like twinspires right?

Yes, but the money stays in Arkansas.

The Hogfather

How is this legal in Arkansas?

hog_fan

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 08, 2014, 10:27:35 am
How is this legal in Arkansas?

TVG didn't allow it for awhile because of that. I assumed when it did something changed. I don't see how they could do it if it wasn't.

The Hogfather

Quote from: hog_fan on January 08, 2014, 10:59:15 am
TVG didn't allow it for awhile because of that. I assumed when it did something changed. I don't see how they could do it if it wasn't.

I'm fairly certain that online gambling is still against the law if you reside in Arkansas.

Rendezvous Cook

Parimutel wagering is legal in Arkansas....even online.  Oaklawn is using the money generated from Oaklawnanywhere and putting a share into the purses.

RazorRooter

January 09, 2014, 09:15:30 pm #11 Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:26:19 pm by RazorRooter
Will Oaklawn be providing WiFi  for a person's device or will the bettor be using his own data plan? (While at the track of coarse).
It is ALWAYS Hog Tyme!

cbhawg03

Quote from: RazorRooter on January 09, 2014, 09:15:30 pm
Will Oaklawn be providing WiFi  for a person's device or will the bettor be using his own data plan? (While at the track of coarse).

Had free wifi last year at the track.

Dropkick

I'm in. Just lost my first race. it's easy..........

Rendezvous Cook

Dropkick

Hit a $1 tri. at the end of the day to flip my losses into a winning day

Rendezvous Cook

Is anyone having trouble loading up the "Classic" version?  All they've done here is make Twinspires bad.  I'm in to get the free $100 and get back to twinspires.

PowderedToastMan

I have never done any online betting until yesterday.  I signed up for OaklawnAnywhere, and I enjoyed it, even though I lost a few bucks.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

wholehog

Quote from: Rendezvous Cook on January 10, 2014, 10:41:54 pm
Is anyone having trouble loading up the "Classic" version?  All they've done here is make Twinspires bad.  I'm in to get the free $100 and get back to twinspires.
I can't get the classic version to load either but it's worth it for the free $100.  As soon as that money is gone, I'll be back to Twinspires. 

mossfan3

Sounds like a good thing. I can't find anything in the fine print that says you have to do anything other than wager $100 within 14 days of account activation to get $100 added to your account.

Rendezvous Cook

To get the classic version to work, you have to "allow mixed content" on your browser.  Can't spend the $100 fast enough!!!

olmarv

Quote from: cbrooks03 on January 09, 2014, 10:52:40 pm
Had free wifi last year at the track.

At Oaklawn, pull up you wifi search and click "oaklawnanywhere" it should automatically join with no password. At least mine did today.

Dropkick

After today's card I will have wagered exactly $100. I will let you know if the fairy adds another 100 to my account.

mossfan3

I went over $100 yesterday but no free $100 yet. It's says to allow 10 business days...

Dropkick

It's for real, they put the $100 in my account today!

mossfan3

Well it worked. I met the requirement Saturday and got the money today. Thank goodness because there wasn't much of that initial $100 left!

Boaris Yellstin

Friday I tried to use my Twinspires account with IPhone to Wager while at Oaklawn, It would not let me log in while I was at the track. Went to the Arlington where we were staying and was able to log in and Wager on Oaklawn from there. Has anybody else had trouble using Twinspires to wager on the races at Oaklawn? Anyway I just went ahead and filled out my Oaklawn Anywhere Account to get the 100$. I assume there will be no trouble with logging in to your Oaklawn account to wager with while at the Track.

holeinthewall

I just looked and they have deposited the $100 into my account. I bet $100 Sunday. They said up to 10 days but mine was in within 3.

LRCentralTiger

Being an existing user of the other app from last year OP sent me a check to close out my account. It had a flier in it saying to sign up for OaklawAnywhere.  I did and that was in December.  No offer of the $100 at that tme.  I went over the $100 Monday but it also states you have to bet with 10 days of signing up.  Mine sign up put me well past 10 days. I doubt I get the $100.

I used the service only on Monday. It worked flawlessly.  I use the Oaklawn Classic view.  The Oaklawn Express/Pro was too complicated for me.  KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid. Some of you guys that do a lot of online betting might use the Express/Pro.  I used it here at the house a couple of times and works exactly the same as it did at the track.

It is pretty straight forward to use.  Dropdown boxes and make your selection.  Then place your bet.  Follow the instructions and it is a piece of cake. One great feature is the last minute betting ability.  I wait sometimes to see what the final odds might be then place my bet withing the last minute.  I have yet to be shutout.  Just make sure you allow 10 or 15 seconds to enter your selections.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: ScottFaldon on January 26, 2014, 09:52:19 am
Does the audio work for anybody? It doesn't for me.
You talking about the live video?  I have not tried the live feed.  I will try it tomorrow and let you know.  I would think it would.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: ScottFaldon on January 29, 2014, 07:51:25 am
Yes, the live audio hasn't worked for me.
I checked this afternoon on my iPhone. The video and audio worked great. No problem.

cbhawg03

I assume to just use my Twinspires account with the exception being the free $100. One questions I have though, does the $100 that is required to be bet have to be bet on Oaklawn races or just through the OaklawnAnywhere menu? Can I bet my $100 elsewhere and still get the free $100?

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: cbrooks03 on February 04, 2014, 08:20:44 am
I assume to just use my Twinspires account with the exception being the free $100. One questions I have though, does the $100 that is required to be bet have to be bet on Oaklawn races or just through the OaklawnAnywhere menu? Can I bet my $100 elsewhere and still get the free $100?
Good question.  I would assume it would be for any track through the MyOaklawnAnywhere but I am not 100% sure on that.

Rendezvous Cook

cbhawg03

Quote from: Rendezvous Cook on February 05, 2014, 05:36:11 pm
Any track

Thanks. That will lead to a large bet on the Dude this weekend then a closing of my account once I get the free $100.

STLRazorback

Do you guys use the EZ-Money transfers or credit/debit card?

mossfan3

Both work fine but it charges $5 each deposit to use a card.

Arky

Anyone know why they limit deposits to $500?

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: Arky on February 16, 2014, 12:56:45 am
Anyone know why they limit deposits to $500?
No.  I guess just their rule.