Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My view of the remaining games

Started by lakecityhog, October 01, 2017, 10:40:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

USCe----Played ATM pretty much dead even as did we. We are on the road Adv. USCe so a Toss-up Game
Bama- A loss
Auburn- Probably a better than 80% chance at a loss
Ole Miss-- This is a game that we should win, they are pretty much in a JLS mode
Costal Car--Win
LSU-- This game SHOULD be a very winnable game unless EdO turns his OC loose and lets him run the O completely
Miss St.--- This will NOT be an easy game They have lost to 2 of the 3 best teams in the SEC on the road
Missouri--- Win This is a game that BB simply cannot afford to lose period!

So, 2-2 + 3 pretty much sure wins gets us to 5 wins. 2 pretty sure losses leaves us at 5-4 and 3 games to play. Sweep USCe, LSU, and Miss State and we finish 8-4, 1 bobble and we finish 7-5. IF we drop one my money would be on Miss State. They just played 2 really good teams on the road.

It all starts with USCe, win that game and we have a chance at 8-4, lose it and it is still possible but much more unlikely. My best guess for the final record would be 7-5 and another bowl game.

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

ShadowHawg

The only game better than a 50/50 is Mizzou.

State, Carolina, ole miss, and LSU are winnable.

Teams that can't score are who we match up best with. Carolina can't due to losing their best play maker. Even on the road I like our chances.

State can score. Mullen is the only reason I put this game in the 50/50 category even though it's at our place. A better coach would make this an almost impossible matchup for us.

We are supposed to be better than ole miss. We usually win when they are favored. I lean toward us winning.

LSU is losing in the trenches right now. They are very young but talented. They will either be worse or better than they are now when we play them. If they haven't rolled over by then I don't see it ending well for us. If they have rolled then we win easier than expected.

I can see us winning 4 conference games even though we are a very flawed team. The SEC is down. Just like with Nutt, we are squandering an opportunity to raise the profile of our program while our SEC West brothers are struggling.

I have a horrible feel about S. Car but it may just be Gas and I will get relief.  I believe SC will beat us but if they don't we may have a decent future with a cheap Bowl game included.  Any team left on our 2017 schedule will beat us if they bring their best game.  The chances of that happening is very slim.  I always said our best seasons in the SEC will be determined by the strength of the other SEC teams in any given year.  Never ever believed we would see this much crap in the SEC.

daprospecta

USCe----Probably a loss.  This team isn't built to go on the road and beat solid teams yet.
Bama- A loss
Ole Miss-- We better win this one.
Costal Car--Win
LSU-- Loss is probable.  We will struggle to score against them. Troy's offense has players that will play in the NFL.
Miss St.--- They are not Alabama or Auburn but they are better than us at the moment. Probable loss.

I believe we will finish 5-7 if both sides play as expected.  If we develop a strong game plan vs USC-e, or LSU, it could flip to a win.  I love the Razorbacks with all my heart but moving away from Arkansas has allowed me to view our teams objectively.  5-7 is probable, 6-6 is possible,  7-5 if we get lucky.

RebelliousHog

12247, I think the coaching is down in the SEC

East
USC-E  I've never been convinced Mussy is a good head coach
Georgia  Smart is looking like a smart move
Kentucky  Basketball school. Stoops isn't his brother
Vandy  Doing ok with what he has to work with.
Tenner-  Butch sucks beans
Missou  Should have made a different hire  Odum's not great
Florida  Mac has had some success but can't find a QB

West
Bama- nuff said
Aubie  Despite some success, in the long run I don't think Gus is that great
Miss St   Decent coach, good background. Will be there a while unless he is lured away by money
Ole Miss  Dumpster fire. Really had no chance to hire anything better considering the timing
TAMU   Sumerlin is inconsistent. Starts hot, then fades in the end. Actually started cool this year so who knows what will happen
Hogs   Inconsistant in many phases of the game after 5 years.
LSU  Coach O lost at Ole Miss and is now losing at LSU

5 of the top 20 in coacheshotseat are SEC coaches

Anthon has 6 of the 14 from warm to hot
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Ward on October 01, 2017, 11:25:57 am
Matt Canada is a fraud

Coach O is not "holding him back"

Agreed. Matt Canada will likely finish his career in either the food services or housekeeping industry.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hogcard1964

Hogs-n-Roses

LSU has worse O line issues than we do. Injuries and QB whatever. It is a win.

Al Boarland

I've been told you can only put a W by the MS Schools.

KennyForAD

The truth is that this season can be salvaged.  Bama and Auburn will murder us, but the rest of the competition is as bad as we are.  We need to work on our glaring issues, try desperately to win 6, to get the extra practice time, and ... (sorry) look to next year.

Al Boarland

Quote from: KennyForAD on October 02, 2017, 04:51:54 pm
The truth is that this season can be salvaged.  Bama and Auburn will murder us, but the rest of the competition is as bad as we are.  We need to work on our glaring issues, try desperately to win 6, to get the extra practice time, and ... (sorry) look to next year (year 6).

FIFY

KennyForAD

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 01, 2017, 01:17:05 pm
More of the same

7-5

And nothing to brag about considering how some of the remaining teams have played so far. Not all winning or losing records are built the same.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Dominicanhog

Quote from: lakecityhog on October 01, 2017, 10:40:37 am
USCe----Played ATM pretty much dead even as did we. We are on the road Adv. USCe so a Toss-up Game
Bama- A loss
Ole Miss-- This is a game that we should win, they are pretty much in a JLS mode
Costal Car--Win
LSU-- This game SHOULD be a very winnable game unless EdO turns his OC loose and lets him run the O completely
Miss St.--- This will NOT be an easy game They have lost to 2 of the 3 best teams in the SEC on the road

So, 2-2 + 3 pretty much sure wins gets us to 5 wins. 2 pretty sure losses leaves us at 5-4 and 3 games to play. Sweep USCe, LSU, and Miss State and we finish 8-4, 1 bobble and we finish 7-5. IF we drop one my money would be on Miss State. They just played 2 really good teams on the road.

It all starts with USCe, win that game and we have a chance at 8-4, lose it and it is still possible but much more unlikely. My best guess for the final record would be 7-5 and another bowl game.

about how I see it.. this is a really big game for us, stating the obvious... I'd take 7-5 ..if we could then get a bowl win.. sign me up..

HenduHog, I agree about the overall coaching at this time in the SEC.  We sure went to hell quick overall.  When you figure the Vandy coach might be the best coach in the east and if not first, surely second, you know there's problems.  Mullen is highly respected in many circles but I have seen that staff jerk defeat from the jaws of victory many times these past few years.  So after Saban, every coach in the West has horrible flaws.  Right now a good coach could make his point in this conference.  As for Gus, I still want to believe in him but he better understand his system needs a very special QB to win big and he better provide one annually.  Gus crashed and burned with Jeremy Johnson who didn't work out and then followed him with Sean White whose ceiling was too low to win big.  So goes the Aubbie QB, so goes Gus.  I really thought EdO would do good at LSU but I was just so wrong about that so far.  I just wish we could take advantage of the conference when its down like this, instead we have joined the pitifuls.

lakecityhog

Most teams go just as far as their QB takes them, football is a QB game. Now if you have an NFL type O'Line, NFL running backs and NFL wide receivers you can get by with a lesser QB but against nearly equal opponents you can lose.

But, talent will only carry you so far, COACHING is the key! Did LSU all-of-a-sudden lose their talented players? I can promise you that Ole Miss still has a load of top shelf athletes. Saban is why Bama wins like they do and it is starting to look like Smart may actually follow in his footsteps! And, like it or not Gus is a very good coach but just like us he is in the SEC West and that meat grinder is hard to handle.

It is because of Muschamp, Odom, Luke and Orgeron that I give us a fair to middlin chance to win 7 games. I really don't see any of them as being superior to BB. That gives us a fighting chance.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: lakecityhog on October 02, 2017, 07:49:16 pm
Most teams go just as far as their QB takes them, football is a QB game. Now if you have an NFL type O'Line, NFL running backs and NFL wide receivers you can get by with a lesser QB but against nearly equal opponents you can lose.

But, talent will only carry you so far, COACHING is the key! Did LSU all-of-a-sudden lose their talented players? I can promise you that Ole Miss still has a load of top shelf athletes. Saban is why Bama wins like they do and it is starting to look like Smart may actually follow in his footsteps! And, like it or not Gus is a very good coach but just like us he is in the SEC West and that meat grinder is hard to handle.

It is because of Muschamp, Odom, Luke and Orgeron that I give us a fair to middlin chance to win 7 games. I really don't see any of them as being superior to BB. That gives us a fighting chance.

Sabane requires execution. If a player doesn't execute, there are plenty on the depth roster that will. Knowing that, players do what is required of them.
This is my non-signature signature.

regi

It would not upset me to see a different direction and a Coaching change at years end. When we hired Bert, I didn't think that defense would be his downfall, but it clearly looks like it will be. Having said that, we could very easily go 6-2 the rest of the way. USC-E, is beat up, since Debo went down they have scored 6 against UK (he scored opening play), 17 against La Tech, and needed to win a 50 yard jump ball, to win that one, and 17 against a worse defense than we have. Their OL and LB corps, are beat up. Ole Miss is 2-2 in their "every game is a Bowl Game tour" and they look just like John L's 2012 team, ready to quit. Coastal sucks, LSU is not good, State has been treated like step child the last two weeks, and they still have no defense, Mizzou is terrible, and getting worse. So, like it or not, 8-4 is a very real possibility, and Long will not make a move on an 8-4 Coach.

870hogfan

Quote from: regi on October 02, 2017, 11:37:18 pm
It would not upset me to see a different direction and a Coaching change at years end. When we hired Bert, I didn't think that defense would be his downfall, but it clearly looks like it will be. Having said that, we could very easily go 6-2 the rest of the way. USC-E, is beat up, since Debo went down they have scored 6 against UK (he scored opening play), 17 against La Tech, and needed to win a 50 yard jump ball, to win that one, and 17 against a worse defense than we have. Their OL and LB corps, are beat up. Ole Miss is 2-2 in their "every game is a Bowl Game tour" and they look just like John L's 2012 team, ready to quit. Coastal sucks, LSU is not good, State has been treated like step child the last two weeks, and they still have no defense, Mizzou is terrible, and getting worse. So, like it or not, 8-4 is a very real possibility, and Long will not make a move on an 8-4 Coach.

When did we hire a guy name Bert?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

IronHog

I'll believe an SEC win when I see one.

Bama may score 90
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

oldhog63

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 02, 2017, 09:32:46 pm

Sabane requires execution. If a player doesn't execute, there are plenty on the depth roster that will. Knowing that, players do what is required of them.
Saban demands execution and the players know there are consequences for failed execution. I don't believe we have that situation.