Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trevor Stephan: Signed with the New York Yankees

Started by SPAL, June 13, 2017, 05:10:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

June 13, 2017, 05:10:17 pm Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 04:36:15 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot

June 13th:

Trevor Stephan, a junior RHP out of the University of Arkansas, was drafted 92nd overall in the 3rd round of the 2017 MLB first year player's draft by the New York Yankees.

June 16th:
Signed with the New York Yankees for $800,000

June 28th:
Assigned to Rookie Gulf Coast League Yankees East
First professional start and strikeout

July 1st:
Called up to Short Season A Staten Island Yankees

SPAL

SPAL

jackflash

Yankees will sign him for sure

ThisTeetsTaken

Happy for Stephan.  He hasn't found his ceiling yet.  I expect to see him do well.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

onebadrubi

Would be cool to have slot value and pool amount left in these threads. 

WizardofhOgZ

ricepig

TexasDad, how about a loan? Congrats, good luck. As one of the few Yankee fans on here, I look forward to seeing him pitch in Yankee Stadium!

dotnet

I'm impressed. I thought he would get paid right at slot in the third round.  That is great for him. 

I bet the last 6-8 weeks really helped.  You got to see the production match the potential, which was awesome as a fan

LRHawg

Congrats to Stephan! Best of luck unless you're pitching against my Cubs.  ;D

PigWig

Congrats Trevor, you've certainly earned this. Thank you for coming to Arkansas, and best of luck in the pros.

SPAL

Assigned to gcl yankees,.

Pitched 2 scoreless innings, no hits, 1k

dotnet

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 29, 2017, 10:20:17 pm
Assigned to gcl yankees,.

Pitched 2 scoreless innings, no hits, 1k

Its tough to tell because he is a new pitcher, just pitched a full college season and so a lot of teams slow play guys the first year.

But I wonder if they're going to put him in the bullpen and try to see how fast they can promote him?

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Looks like Stephan has been called up to Staten Island. He is on that roster currently.

SPAL

7/4:

2.2 IP, 2 hits, 0 walks, 0 runs, 4 strikeouts.