Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stability should be valued because this program and fanbase has shown a patttern, too.

Started by dsims2k3, January 09, 2014, 09:09:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dsims2k3

Be logical. There is no reason for people to be so irrational. I prefer stability.

Fire a coach with steady improvement only to be disappointed with the new hire. Then he will have to start over and rebuild the program to get his own players and install his own system just for the  impatient fan base to call for his head in year 3, too. This is the pattern I see. So why scrap everything?

If this was the pinnacle of CMA's ability then I would understand, but everyone should know that isn't true. Highly talented layers are being recruited and better facilities are getting built.

Level heads always prevail.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

HF#1

We can let this year play out and see what happens next year.  But the excuses are getting tiresome.  We shouldn't get drummed by a consensus crappy team like A&M home or away.  Everybody knows they suck.

I'm not for firing Mike this instant but it's time to start asking questions imo.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

dsims2k3

Quote from: Kevin on January 09, 2014, 09:12:22 am
does this hold true for football also
Yep. This has been trend with the football program, too. Every year, some coach or assistant coach is on the chopping block around here.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

forrest city joe

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 09, 2014, 09:09:44 am
Be logical. There is no reason for people to be so irrational. I prefer stability.

Fire a coach with steady improvement only to be disappointed with the new hire. Then he will have to start over and rebuild the program to get his own players and install his own system just for the  impatient fan base to call for his head in year 3, too. This is the pattern I see. So why scrap everything?

If this was the pinnacle of CMA's ability then I would understand, but everyone should know that isn't true. Highly talented layers are being recruited and better facilities are getting built.

Level heads always prevail.
Great post. +1000. the idea that Mike should be fired is just crazy. 2 years and 14 games.

rude1

LMAO, CMA isn't going any place any time soon, people here have no control over the leadership of the basketball team. This is just a place to vent ones frustration over a program that up to this point has shown no signs of being 50% of what it once was. CMA didn't create this situation, but he in fact was hired to fix it and it's just hard to see meaningful progress right now.