Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Video Board at Bud Walton Arena

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, May 07, 2015, 02:36:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRazorbackGuy

I think it's time to improve the video screen at Bud Walton Arena. I got an email questionnaire from the University on my visit to the Aggie game. They asked for suggestions of improvement and I said improvement of the video screen for fans in the second deck would be better. I thought when I Sat up there that the video board was still something that would have been New in the late 90s but not in 2015. What's you guys thought?

UNCLE BACK

Video Board is very up to date. not sure what else you could ask for...

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on May 07, 2015, 03:05:18 pm

Doesn't have great HD quality. Look how much better the video board is at the Pepsi Center...

UNCLE BACK

The_Iceman

Come on Walmart, pay for it! It would be awesome during your Shareholder's Meetings. ;)

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 07, 2015, 03:09:11 pm
Come on Walmart, pay for it! It would be awesome during your Shareholder's Meetings. ;)

Yes Wal-Mart shareholders meetings could be bettered by a video board! Brilliant idea!

Danny J

I have complained about it not only on HV but to people at the UofA/RF and it hasn't helped. The video board is very outdated and cheap looking. Needs to be upgraded in a bad bad way.

The_Iceman

Also, with the addition of the Practice Facility, and the plans to get more concerts and events in BWA, a video board like this would help in attracting artists and also adding to the environment.

Danny J

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on May 07, 2015, 03:05:18 pm
No...it is beyond horrible.

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 07, 2015, 03:09:11 pm

VS.

(BTW, i think those are the same speakers they had when they opened the place, and they suck terribly)

3kgthog

1. The sound system is awful. I still have no idea what Corliss or Nolan said when their banners went up. It was like I was trying to listen through a door.

2. I don't know how many of you saw the NBA All-Star Game competition festivities, but they had some amazing court lighting effects and graphics. It looked as if the court had vault doors that opened and closed, etc. I wish we could do something like that, but I'm sure that system cost a pretty penny.

The_Iceman

Quote from: 3kgthog on May 07, 2015, 04:04:19 pm
1. The sound system is awful. I still have no idea what Corliss or Nolan said when their banners went up. It was like I was trying to listen through a door.

2. I don't know how many of you saw the NBA All-Star Game competition festivities, but they had some amazing court lighting effects and graphics. It looked as if the court had vault doors that opened and closed, etc. I wish we could do something like that, but I'm sure that system cost a pretty penny.

Yeah, that's those new 3D graphic projectors. They are sweet, but I'm sure they are $$$$$$$$$$$$$

TRUHOG718

On another note. Anyone know if the full court pass fail basketball is still up there?
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

z1on

We will be getting a new video board soon, Jeff Long asked on twitter a few months back, that everyone give their opinion on their favorite board.

Danny J

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on May 07, 2015, 04:24:37 pm
On another note. Anyone know if the full court pass fail basketball is still up there?
Yes....still there.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on May 07, 2015, 03:07:52 pm
Doesn't have great HD quality. Look how much better the video board is at the Pepsi Center...

Pepsi Center info....FWIW.
http://www.pepsicenter.com/arena-info/pepsi-center/arena-facts/
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hoggish1

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on May 07, 2015, 03:11:02 pm
Yes Wal-Mart shareholders meetings could be bettered by a video board! Brilliant idea!

A no-brainer for Walmart to grab this idea!

40MINSOFHELL

What are they going to do about the ball still up there?

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on May 18, 2015, 11:08:23 am
What are they going to do about the ball still up there?
I think they are going to display in the Museum at Bud Walton.

(notOM)Rebel123

The new video screens & sound system upgrades at the Pepsi Center cost
$14 million.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 19, 2015, 06:54:44 am
The new video screens & sound system upgrades at the Pepsi Center cost
$14 million.

And not even all NBA arena's have one that nice much less college arena's.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

nwahogfan1

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 07, 2015, 03:13:19 pm
Jeff Long says it is happening:

http://www.arkansasfight.com/2015/4/19/8453367/jeff-long-says-new-video-board-planned-for-bud-walton-this-year
When was the last time the Video Board at Bud Walton was updated?  Wonder how much they intend to spend?    I figure in the $3-5 million dollar range?
I agree it is much needed.  Be great for replays and showing fans in the audience.  Fans love to be seen and entertained during those long time outs.