Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you watch old Wrestling matchs on YouTube?

Started by DeltaBoy, March 02, 2014, 09:02:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

I been hitting the YouTube for some Rock n Roll Express, Midnight Express, LOD, and the 4 Horseman.

Who do you watch from the Past Wrestling Matches.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ThrillaHog

I always like to watch to find things from the tag team division in the early 90's. So many great teams....

Road Warriors
Power and Glory
Money Inc
Natural Disasters
Hart Foundation
Demolition with the three guys..

Dr. Starcs

Wrestling bloopers are hilarious too. Some of those guys were just plain awful.

Hogwop

I love watching old matches and shoot interviews on youtube

I'll watch just about anyone, but I love watching Macho Man, Jake the Snake, Steamboat, Bret & Owen, the list could go on and on really. Also, like Thrilla, I can't get enough of the old tag action. British Bulldogs, Harlem Heat, Midnight Express...man there were some great tag teams back then
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Hog1966

I don't spend a lot of time on You Tube. When I do though I'm almost always watching old wrestling or past Razorback highlights.

Cracker Jack

The American Dream Duthty Rhodes.....especially the interviews.........if you will!

hvsupastar

I watched Razor vs HBK probably a dozen times on YouTube while I'm doing cardio. It's the perfect length to get a good warm up sweat.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Big Papa Satan

I know they're in dispute, but I wish they'd get ahold of those old Memphis tapes.

hvsupastar

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 03, 2014, 01:39:17 am
I know they're in dispute, but I wish they'd get ahold of those old Memphis tapes.

I heard that on the podcast. Who is the dispute between? Surely those tapes aren't worth that much and WWE could pay off both sides
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

SwinerBock

Spent some time not too long ago watch the Goldberg buildup and the birth of the NWO.

And hot lady wrasslers.  Or  hot ladies wrasslin in mud.  Or oil.  Or jello.  Or bikini-slip-n-slides.  Or bikini bull ridin. Or.... well.... you get the picture.

Richard_white

Freebirds vs Von Erichs. And pretty much anything during Bill Watts promotion.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: hvsupastar on March 03, 2014, 11:22:04 am
I heard that on the podcast. Who is the dispute between? Surely those tapes aren't worth that much and WWE could pay off both sides

WMC-TV in Memphis, I would think.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

husker71

I sure do.  The best one on youtube is Ox Baker starts a riot.  Go watch that one.  I love the old interviews and the 60s to early 80s is what I normally watch   But that Ox Baker (who I don't really remember) will show you what happens when things go wrong

Big Papa Satan

Roddy Piper in his prime was a sight to behold, as well.  The man was walking white heat.

TheRazorback500

NWA with Gordon Solie, Tommy Rich, Murdoch, Lars, Arn and Ole Anderson.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Boll Hawg

Since the introduction of the WWE Network I've decreased my YouTube watching significantly.  It's so nice to just be able to pull up whatever PPV I want.  Lately, I've been watching some 88', 89', 90' Royal Rumbles.     
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

DDD

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 03, 2014, 01:39:17 am

I miss the old Memphis Wrestling on Saturday mornings.

DeltaBoy

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Best video on YouTube is wrestling ii being interviewed and then attacked when buck robley jumps out of a box.  The interview is pure gold.

Hogwop

Thanks OTR, that was exactly the way I needed to start my day
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.

Hogwop

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 04, 2014, 12:28:30 pm
IMO todays product just doens't cut it.

One can argue that the current in ring aspect of wrasslin' is vastly improved but there seems to be a lack of huge, over the top personalities which brings the overall product down IMO. I don't doubt that some of these guys are good talkers but are being restrained by the higher ups by either not having enough time on the mic or by being hamstrung with what they can say since wrasslin' has gone PG.
Pigga what?!

hvsupastar

I think it's more of the higher ups wanting to script promos. The talent don't get a chance to be themselves. I've heard Austin, Punk, Piper all talk about it. WWE is literally trying to Word for word script promos. I don't know how they would ever expect that to work.

Hogwop

Yeah that doesn't make much sense to me either. When guys are good on the mic you would think you would want them to improv as much as possible to make it seem more realistic, plus guys like Jericho, Austin, Rock etc thrived on that not so long ago.

That was one thing that always made the great wrestlers great, that they were just an extension of themselves, played up to extremes. The whole scripted promo thing is probably one of the big reasons most guys seem so cookie cutter anymore.

Instead of taking guys that can't talk and having them memorize some little BS speech, give them a manager who has a way with words and let them garner them some heat or get them over. Let the guys that can talk do their thing. We all know wrasslin' is fake, but they should quit trying to take any semblance of realism out of it.
Pigga what?!

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Hogwop on March 22, 2014, 12:16:03 pmWe all know wrasslin' is fake, but they should quit trying to take any semblance of realism out of it.

To take a recent example, look at the reaction to

Totally scripted?  Probably not. 

You'd think Creative would learn this by now.

motownhog

I'm only 32 but I love watching any matches of NWA/WCW. Netflix has a great series about The Clash of the Champions
I'm a grandson of the southland boys, an heir to the confederacy

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Boll Hawg

I always enjoy watching this video of Randy Orton forgetting his lines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eHK4rhItXQ
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

hvsupastar

Quote from: DDD on March 08, 2014, 05:21:21 am
I miss the old Memphis Wrestling on Saturday mornings.

Jerry Lawler said the other day he is closed to settling on that video library and expects to sell to WWE. So we may see Memphis wrestling on WWE Network soon

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 04, 2014, 12:43:30 am
Jerry Lawler said the other day he is closed to settling on that video library and expects to sell to WWE. So we may see Memphis wrestling on WWE Network soon

That old empty arena match with Lawler and Terry Funk is great television.  Funk put on a clinic on how to sell.

DeltaBoy

Terry Funk was a Bad Dude he crippled some folks with his Figure 4 and Atomic Suplex .

Hog1966

Terry Funk vs Ric Flair in the "I quit" match has always been one of my favorites.

DeltaBoy

They talk about Hard core now days but in the 1960's and 70's they had Brass Knuckles , Taped Fist, Cow Bell and Strap Matches.  Find and watch Killer Karl Kox drop I believe it was Dick Murdock on the Cement with his Brain Buster.

DeltaBoy