Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Elimination Chamber '14 Thread

Started by jbcarol, February 23, 2014, 06:36:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Corporate Kane ensures Cena is out and Bryan jumps on Kane's head
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Bryan is repeadedly kicking his head while he's upside down in the corner

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Bryan had the pin and Kane took out the ref

jbcarol

jbcarol

Kane hit Bryan's shoulder and Orton gets the pin in 37:20.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Orton v. Batista (main event)

Oh. ... Boy

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: jbcarol on February 23, 2014, 09:51:55 pm
Daniel Bryan v. Kane at WM
Nope. It will be Bryan vs Kane on Raw with Bryan getting HHH at WM if he wins.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

jbcarol

Fan close ups look absolutely disgusted

jbcarol

Cole and announce team are still building up the Bryan is screwed angle

jbcarol

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: jbcarol on February 23, 2014, 09:52:16 pm
Orton v. Batista (main event)

That's certainly not going to suck harder than a galaxy-sized black hole.

jbcarol

myriad_rocker

That PPV, except for The Shield vs Wyatts, was very meh.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on February 23, 2014, 09:53:45 pm
with Bryan getting HHH at WM if he wins.

Would Hunter go over? 

The fan reaction would be amusing if that were to occur.

jbcarol

Shawn Michaels as special guest ref?

jbcarol

They are delaying fan gratification on the Bryan getting interfered with in matches with Orton. Testing the bounds.

Wyatts "mysteriously" entered the Chamber and took out Cena. Then exited with Cena as Kane threw them out giving him reason to be in the chamber.

Kane pulled the ref out as he was counting Bryan's win.

Kane later took Bryan down.  Orton set up the jumping cutter and with Cole screaming, "Not this way!" Bryan kicked out.

They went back and forth kicking out of each others finishers.

Kane then hit Bryan in the jaw from outside the ropes and Orton finished him for the win.

They panned to close ups of disgusted fans and took time to play up the screw job instead of focusing on Orton the victor.

Announcers were not trying to help Batista at all and he was getting killed by the crowd. The worst was their cheering of Del Rio who had had no heat since dumping Ricardo. The only chant the announcers tried to talk over was "CM Punk".

jbcarol

The Shield v. Wyatts was well done.

Early brawl followed by the lumbering big guys of the Wyatts dishing and taking punishment.

Then business picked up.  Ambrose and Bray went over the barricade into the [CENSORED] and took the fight into the stands. Ambrose disappeared and that will be one mystery to solve.

Rollins was doing fantastic aerial manuevers until the put him thru the Spanish announce table from the main table.  Dark haired Wyatt member jumped thru the ring ropes like Bryan onto Rollins on the floor to set this up. 

Reigns "fought them off gallantly" until the numbers game.  He reversed Bray's finisher with brute strength but they wore him down and finished him. Rollins was still down on the announce table.  Ambrose was unseen.

jbell96

The show was thumbs in the middle to me. Wyatts vs Shield was easily match of the night. The Chamber match was extremely physical and well done. It ended exactly how I thought it would, except Sheamus went out first instead of Christian, so I didn't get mad at how it ended. I am waiting until after Raw tonight before I completely judge the finish of last night's show. If we get HHH vs Bryan at Mania my judgement will not be a good one.

And how awful has reaction been to Batista since he came back? People are just crapping all over him & it is hilarious. The "Bootista" chants had me rolling. Del Rio was the face in that match last night. Batista can't work a 10 minute match without looking winded. If they stick with him vs Orton, 70,000 people will take simultaneously take a dump on it.

jbcarol

The physicality in the chamber match was second to none with each performer getting their high spots.  Sheamus smashed a pod with a bicycle kick.  Cesaro spun Orton around 30 times, etc.

The other matches beside Wyatts - Shield and the finale seemed to be filling time.

The Del Rio - Batista seemed to back fire on them.

They may overrate how much people care about a HHH - Bryan but they've got the data.

jbell96

How Cesaro doesn't get dizzy doing that swing move is beyond me. I thought his elimination was weak, but he still looked strong in the match. The people will crap on HHH vs Bryan if it gets announced. The problem is HHH overvalues his own worth, which is one of the main reasons Punk walked after the Rumble.

hvsupastar

The spit where Cesaro slammed Cena who was giving his finished to Bryan was awesome. Cesaro is becoming a star and the crowd is starting to really get behind him. It was clear he was the #2 face in the elimination chamber, even though I'm pretty sure he is still supposed to be heel. Gray area.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

SwinerBock

I'm surprised you guys don't see the obvious about to happen.  Bryan is gonna really piss off HHH somehow, so HHH will put Bryan into a WM with Taker, thinking Taker will squash him once and for all.  Bryan will actually wind up winning the match with Taker.

Eddie Goodson

I like how you think but they would make Godzilla job to Undertaker at WM.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

SwinerBock

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on February 24, 2014, 04:32:21 pm
I like how you think but they would make Godzilla job to Undertaker at WM.

True.  I just see a Taker angle in this.  It is the only thing that makes sense, unless Taker has hung up his boots for good (which he may have).  Maybe it becomes a Taker/Bryan vs HHH/Kane tag match.  Who knows.

Eddie Goodson

Everything I have read has been Taker v Lesnar at WM. Eho knows though you could be right. Methinks tonight sheds much light on how they go. There is even talk of a title changing hands tonight. Who is to say they fon't rematch Bryan and Orton and put the belt on Bryan tonight and build to a three way at WM

TomasPistola

Quote from: SwinerBock on February 24, 2014, 04:24:09 pm
I'm surprised you guys don't see the obvious about to happen.  Bryan is gonna really piss off HHH somehow, so HHH will put Bryan into a WM with Taker, thinking Taker will squash him once and for all.  Bryan will actually wind up winning the match with Taker.

Wrong. Wrong Wrong.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

TomasPistola

I think a 3 way is how it ends up. The Fans will crap on Batista vs Orton. The fans would crap on Bryan vs. Anyone else.

Punk leaving screwed things up. He would have been wrestling Kane or Trips and Bryan would have been up with Wyatt or maybe they sneak him into the main event.

Punk knew if he left it would mess up their plans. And I think he correctly predicted that the fans would crap on Batista and that is what REALLY made him leave. You brought in an aging, cant cut it in acting, cant cut it in mma, face it just can't cut it dude to put in the main event while the guys that are busting their butts year round get the scraps.

Good for him.
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: TomasPistola on February 24, 2014, 05:18:53 pm
I think a 3 way is how it ends up. The Fans will crap on Batista vs Orton. The fans would crap on Bryan vs. Anyone else.

Punk leaving screwed things up. He would have been wrestling Kane or Trips and Bryan would have been up with Wyatt or maybe they sneak him into the main event.

Punk knew if he left it would mess up their plans. And I think he correctly predicted that the fans would crap on Batista and that is what REALLY made him leave. You brought in an aging, cant cut it in acting, cant cut it in mma, face it just can't cut it dude to put in the main event while the guys that are busting their butts year round get the scraps.

Good for him.

Breach of contract is still breach of contract.  Punk is costing himself a pile of money.

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on February 24, 2014, 05:13:53 pm
Everything I have read has been Taker v Lesnar at WM.

Why would Taker put himself at risk for injury like that?

hvsupastar

Well. Of all the Wm matches I'm most excited about  Taker vs Brock. Saw them wrestle at No Mercy in a hell in a cell match in Little Rock. It was an amazing experience
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

TomasPistola

Quote from: hvsupastar on February 24, 2014, 11:16:15 pm
Well. Of all the Wm matches I'm most excited about  Taker vs Brock. Saw them wrestle at No Mercy in a hell in a cell match in Little Rock. It was an amazing experience

I was there. That was the night the ropes broke and Jericho almost killed himself.
You were right.
You did a great job.

hvsupastar

Quote from: TomasPistola on February 24, 2014, 11:25:28 pm
I was there. That was the night the ropes broke and Jericho almost killed himself.

Yep. Triple H vs Kane in the midst of the Katie Vick storyline too. Lol

jbell96

The only way WWE can save Wrestlemania now is to add a stipulation to the HHH vs Daniel Bryan match that Bryan gets in the main event that night if he beats HHH. If anyone can work two matches in one night & not lose a step it is Daniel Bryan. They won't do it, because they are stupid, but it is the only way to save the main event from utter chaos. They thought the Rumble crowd was harsh for Cena vs Orton? Multiply that times 100 for Wrestlemania.

jbcarol

They are having Bryan beg for the HHH match to his indifference to try to get the "Yes!" crowd onboard.

jbcarol

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on February 24, 2014, 05:13:53 pm
Everything I have read has been Taker v Lesnar at WM. Eho knows though you could be right. Methinks tonight sheds much light on how they go. There is even talk of a title changing hands tonight. Who is to say they fon't rematch Bryan and Orton and put the belt on Bryan tonight and build to a three way at WM

Eddie's sources are batting 1.000

TomasPistola

Quote from: jbcarol on February 25, 2014, 06:14:23 pm
They are having Bryan beg for the HHH match to his indifference to try to get the "Yes!" crowd onboard.

I think WWE is running perilously close to the "Yes Movement" waning. I really think everyone believed it was going to culminate in a Wrestlemania moment for Bryan. That not happening and the WWE's refusal to listen to the fans it going to kill his push. Just like they killed Ryback's push, just like they killed CM Punk's push...etc.
You were right.
You did a great job.

Hog1966

QuoteShawn Michaels as special guest ref?

Hope not. Been there, done that.

jbcarol

In the Shield - Wyatt match on Raw, they performed some of the high spots from the PPV match or did a similar move with a twist.

When Harper flipped Rollins from the turnbuckle in the PPV, Rollins "stuck the landing".

Harper did the leap from the ring for the first time late in the PPV match. Last nite he sent Reigns over the announce table.

Rollins' twisting flip onto Harper and then Rowan were first done in the PPV.  The followup kick to the head from the floor was a first and had Reigns smiling.

Future of The Shield is new question after Rollins bailed on Ambrose last nite.