Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone here getting the WWE Network?

Started by myriad_rocker, February 18, 2014, 12:33:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

myriad_rocker

I'm considering it just for the archives.  The PPV's are a bonus, although I usually watch those a day late.  I always watch Raw a day late as well.

hogsanity

we are, but then again I have a 11 yr old that is really into it right now, so it is worth it for the ppv's alone ( we usually only get wrestlemania ). 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hvsupastar

Yeah. Just for the fact I get to watch WM
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

myriad_rocker

Quote from: hvsupastar on February 18, 2014, 02:55:16 pm
Yeah. Just for the fact I get to watch WM
You know it's a 6 month committment, right?

hvsupastar

Quote from: myriad_rocker on February 18, 2014, 03:32:13 pm
You know it's a 6 month committment, right?

Yep. So it's basically me paying for Wm and then getting a lot of extra content. I hope they show full episodes of Nitro
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

myriad_rocker

Quote from: hvsupastar on February 18, 2014, 06:44:55 pm
Yep. So it's basically me paying for Wm and then getting a lot of extra content. I hope they show full episodes of Nitro
I second that.  Unfortunately, I have yet to see anything that would lead me to believe that.  But I could be wrong!  I hope I am.

hvsupastar

They advertise a new program called Monday night wars, or at least I assume it's not a rehash of that ten year old DVD, so I'm hoping we get something from that.

Jim

So is this going to be like a WWE version of Netflix where you can search & watch any wrestling programs in their stable of titles?  If so, for only a 6 month commitment, that doesn't seem too bad.

Eddie Goodson

Yes Jim. There will be a live channel and an archive.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

HogScoutMaster

question, I am taking it that I can only view the PPV on the computer then correct?

I am considering it
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

hogsanity

Quote from: DewUar88 on February 19, 2014, 10:56:15 am
question, I am taking it that I can only view the PPV on the computer then correct?

I am considering it

No, it will be platformed for xbox and other means making it viewable on your tv without connecting it via pc, as well, just like nextflix.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Eddie Goodson

PC, phone, XBox, PS 3 &4, Roku, and any internet ready TVs. I bought me a Roku just for this. Don't know how I lived this long without one. Next to the DVR, Roku is the best advancement to TV watching in 20 years.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

hvsupastar

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on February 19, 2014, 01:04:51 pm
PC, phone, XBox, PS 3 &4, Roku, and any internet ready TVs. I bought me a Roku just for this. Don't know how I lived this long without one. Next to the DVR, Roku is the best advancement to TV watching in 20 years.

Hmm. What's a roku? Before I Google it I want to hear what you have to say lol

Big Papa Satan

Along with original content.  They shot a legends house reality thing a while back.  Piper, Duggan, Pat Patterson, were there.  It would've been wild had it been done a couple decades ago.

What they should do is legends house with, say, Sheik, Hogan, Warrior, Cornette, Brian Blair, New Jack, and so forth.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: hvsupastar on February 19, 2014, 01:46:10 pm
Hmm. What's a roku? Before I Google it I want to hear what you have to say lol
Online streaming tv you connect to your tv. It is the future of tv.

nattyhypethe3rd

I'm getting it.  Every past ppv from WWE/WWF, WCW, and ECW on launch day plus all upcoming ppv's.  Sign me up
"Don't talk like one of them, you're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me. They need you right now. But when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper. See, their morals, their code... it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you, when the chips are down, these... these civilized people? They'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve."- The Joker from The Dark Knight

TomasPistola

Judging from the current performance of the network, I predict a complete cluster frick when Wrestlemania happens. WWE won't be the first to fail at Internet Pay Per Views though.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Eddie Goodson

They've got a month and a  week or so to work out the kinks. I think they must have underestimated the demand. I think have had more traffic than the Obamacare site the last two days.

myriad_rocker

Quote from: TomasPistola on February 25, 2014, 08:53:46 am
Judging from the current performance of the network, I predict a complete cluster frick when Wrestlemania happens. WWE won't be the first to fail at Internet Pay Per Views though.
I haven't had any performance issues.  I had issues signing up, though.  The link I was using wasn't taking me to the sign up page.  It was just taking me to the videos, which wouldn't work unless I had subscribed.  I eventually found the link and got in.  Worked fine for me after that, although, I didn't browse videos much.  I just watched the live feed until Raw started and then watched the live feed after Raw.

UFC PPV online works great.  I don't see why WWE would be different.  After all, they have third parties carry the load and admin anyway.

hogsanity

Quote from: myriad_rocker on February 25, 2014, 10:51:37 am
I haven't had any performance issues.  I had issues signing up, though.  The link I was using wasn't taking me to the sign up page.  It was just taking me to the videos, which wouldn't work unless I had subscribed.  I eventually found the link and got in.  Worked fine for me after that, although, I didn't browse videos much.  I just watched the live feed until Raw started and then watched the live feed after Raw.

UFC PPV online works great.  I don't see why WWE would be different.  After all, they have third parties carry the load and admin anyway.

Worked fine on my phone and our kindle fire.  Having problems on the xbox, they are having a app problem with the login there, but they will get it worked out.  The people that do the MLB stuff are doing this, and the mlb service is top flight.

myriad_rocker

Quote from: hogsanity on February 25, 2014, 11:38:08 am
Worked fine on my phone and our kindle fire.  Having problems on the xbox, they are having a app problem with the login there, but they will get it worked out.  The people that do the MLB stuff are doing this, and the mlb service is top flight.
Well, if the MLB people designed the WWE Network, it's horrible.  It's not pretty to look at at all.  At least it's functional.