Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WWE Smackdown in LR 3/11

Started by Boll Hawg, January 21, 2014, 11:25:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boll Hawg

I'm going, anyone else? 

Tried purchasing my tickets through Tickermaster this past weekend and it was more of a hassle than anything else.  Ended up abandoning the process about half way through.  I'll just run by Verizon's box office, handpick my seats, and avoid all the Ticketmaster extra fees. 
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

HogScoutMaster

took me 8 minutes for the memphis show
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Boll Hawg

The last Smackdown in LR, last year, was pretty decent.  My son and I arrived about 3hrs early and hung out around the back of Verizon Arena where all the wrestlers buses were.  We were pretty much stalkers.  But, we did get to talk to Randy Orton.  He was pretty cool.   

Boll Hawg

jbcarol

Give us a full report with spoilers
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hvsupastar

I'll be there.  Going with about 10 assisted living clients
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

razorbackgolf

Same here hvsu my favorite trip of the year

ThrillaHog

I'm gonna take my nephew, But he is pretty upset that CM Punk won't be there like advertised when the Smackdown here was announced.....

Boll Hawg

Almost time!  Tomorrow!  I am upset that the WWE has literally cut the advertised wrestlers in half for this event.  When I bought the tickets I was much more excited for the event.  Now, not so much. 

Meanwhile, tonight in Memphis the card is absolutely packed with superstars. Here's to hoping that a few of them filter into the LR event.   

hvsupastar

I agree. Sure wish we were getting raw
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

HogScoutMaster

So after the matches last night my son wanted something to eat.  So you know I live in Marion and I have to go through the Hell Hole that is West Memphis to get there so we stopped at the McDonalds at the Truck Stops (PETRO).  We were at the drive threw window when all of a sudden I see Tamia !!! Then I see one of the funkadactyls!! Told my son HEY !!! let go get some pics!!  Walk in and there is Vicki and AJ !!!!
Asked Ms Vicki for a pic (AJ, head in the phone looking down walks away as if I dont notice her) I wanted my pic with AJ but my son got one with Vicki

[attachment deleted by admin]

Boll Hawg

Quote from: DewUar88 on March 11, 2014, 08:17:06 am
So after the matches last night my son wanted something to eat.  So you know I live in Marion and I have to go through the Hell Hole that is West Memphis to get there so we stopped at the McDonalds at the Truck Stops (PETRO).  We were at the drive threw window when all of a sudden I see Tamia !!! Then I see one of the funkadactyls!! Told my son HEY !!! let go get some pics!!  Walk in and there is Vicki and AJ !!!!
Asked Ms Vicki for a pic (AJ, head in the phone looking down walks away as if I dont notice her) I wanted my pic with AJ but my son got one with Vicki

That's hella cool!  Doesn't surprise me about AJ.  She doesn't have the best reputation out of the ring. 

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: Boll Hawg on March 11, 2014, 08:19:25 am
That's hella cool!  Doesn't surprise me about AJ.  She doesn't have the best reputation out of the ring. 

Glad I didnt insist then.  The funkadactyl ummm DAMN !!

RazrRila99

Other than the voice, I have a HUGE crush on Vicki.  Dont ask why, I just do.  Props to you and your boy! 

ThrillaHog

A few matches are confirmed for tonight....
WWE Main Event- AJ Vs. Natalya, Dean Ambrose Vs. Mark Henry

WWE Smackdown- Main Event is Big Show Vs. Kane

They have been advertising a six man match featuring Daniel Bryan but from looking on WWE.com he is no longer being advertised on the site.

Taking my nephew tonight, sure hope DB is there or he is gonna be really upset...

ThrillaHog

Quote from: DewUar88 on March 11, 2014, 08:17:06 am

Cool Story

Boll Hawg

My boy and I hung out around the back of Verizon arena before the show.  We're pretty much stalkers, but it always leads to some interesting encounters.  We're always very respectful to the superstars and usually just say "hi" or "what's up" to them.  Here's the people we met/saw:

1.  Lillian Garcia - She ran out to get something out of her car.  Said she was headed to a meeting.  Blew us a kiss.  Really nice lady.  Drives a basic black Nissan Altima.
2.  Alicia Fox & Oksana - WWE was grilling food out back and they both got plates and set down to eat for about 30 minutes.  They were so far away from us that we didn't even attempt to talk to them.
3.  Christian - He was dressed in business attire and had a rolling suitcase.  He gave a quick wave and "hi" to us and loaded his luggage up and drove off. 
4.  Big Show - Grumpy.  Refused to acknowledge anyone outside.  Looked like he was in pain while walking.  Poor guy is getting old.  I bet they shoot him up with cortisone before matches so he can function. 
5.  Stephanie McMahon - We saw her enter/leave a corporate trailer a few times.  We never attempted to speak with her. 
6.  Wade Barrett - Cool guy.  Spoke to us for a minute. 
7.  Brooklyn Brawler - Was outside on his phone for about 30 minutes.  We didn't bother him b/c he looked busy. 

Overall, great success.  My 8yr. old loves doing this.  We only met one wrestler, Randy Orton, last year doing this. 

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Boll Hawg on March 12, 2014, 08:26:15 am
My boy and I hung out around the back of Verizon arena before the show.  We're pretty much stalkers, but it always leads to some interesting encounters.  We're always very respectful to the superstars and usually just say "hi" or "what's up" to them.  Here's the people we met/saw:

1.  Lillian Garcia - She ran out to get something out of her car.  Said she was headed to a meeting.  Blew us a kiss.  Really nice lady.  Drives a basic black Nissan Altima.

Saw her last year in LR.  She's one of those who are more beautiful in person.

nlrwildcat1

HHH and stephanie were in a bus parked outside my hotel. HHH came in and hit the fitness room for awhile and took a few pictures with the guests.