Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kane was asked to end the streak?

Started by Nipsey Mussle, January 10, 2014, 02:56:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipsey Mussle

This may be old news to some, but I just came across the old reports that say 'Taker asked Kane to end the streak at a previous Mania? First of all, that speaks volumes about 'Taker's respect for Kane. Secondly, it says a lot that Kane declined the offer. No matter who you are, ending the streak would be a huge boost and line your pockets for a life time.
Sorry if old news, I was floored by that. I think if the streak is ended I'd like it to be Roman Reigns, Wyatt, or Bryan.

Eddie Goodson

I still think the WWE missed a huge opportunity with CM Punk and Taker this past year. They could have propelled Punk into legendary heel status by having him end it. He and Heyman could have pushed The Best in the World line to the max and Punk could have been the heel the WWE needed. He is ten times the heel Randy Orton could ever hope to be.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

TomasPistola

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on January 10, 2014, 03:02:07 pm
I still think the WWE missed a huge opportunity with CM Punk and Taker this past year. They could have propelled Punk into legendary heel status by having him end it. He and Heyman could have pushed The Best in the World line to the max and Punk could have been the heel the WWE needed. He is ten times the heel Randy Orton could ever hope to be.

A smaller wrestler would NEVER get that kind of cred in Vince McMahon's company. Never. Eeeeeeeeeever.

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: TomasPistola on January 10, 2014, 03:05:08 pm
A smaller wrestler would NEVER get that kind of cred in Vince McMahon's company. Never. Eeeeeeeeeever.

Totally agree. That's why they missed their chance.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Nipsey Mussle

Punk knows wrestling. He's not big, he's not athletic, he just knows precisely how to get the proper reaction.
Punk is a lot stronger than most smaller guys though. You won't see Y2J, Bryan, Mysterio hoisting big guys onto their shoulders. Hell, Ryback even struggled lifting Paul Heyman one time at a house show. Punk is strong as hell for his size.

TomasPistola

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 10, 2014, 03:09:49 pm
Punk knows wrestling. He's not big, he's not athletic, he just knows precisely how to get the proper reaction.
Punk is a lot stronger than most smaller guys though. You won't see Y2J, Bryan, Mysterio hoisting big guys onto their shoulders. Hell, Ryback even struggled lifting Paul Heyman one time at a house show. Punk is strong as hell for his size.

Ryback is so overrated.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: TomasPistola on January 10, 2014, 03:13:56 pm
Ryback is so overrated.
He'll be buried for awhile due to him sucking in general and with all of his heat backstage. We may not see Zig for a long time thanks to Ryback.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 10, 2014, 03:20:00 pm
He'll be buried for awhile due to him sucking in general and with all of his heat backstage. We may not see Zig for a long time thanks to Ryback.
What has happened to Ziggler is the very reason I do not ever want to see Goldberg in a wrestling ring again. The man almost killed Bret Hart for Pete's sake. Hart had strokes as a result of the concussion Goldberg gave him.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on January 10, 2014, 03:35:00 pm
What has happened to Ziggler is the very reason I do not ever want to see Goldberg in a wrestling ring again. The man almost killed Bret Hart for Pete's sake. Hart had strokes as a result of the concussion Goldberg gave him.
Absolutely and that still bothers me. Of course the big dummy also put his own hand through a wind shield after that too.

I've never blamed Austin a bit for refusing to job to Lesnar on Raw years ago. If you have a severely injured neck, someone as big and as green as Lesnar was then can do some serious damage.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 10, 2014, 04:02:04 pm
Absolutely and that still bothers me. Of course the big dummy also put his own hand through a wind shield after that too.

I've never blamed Austin a bit for refusing to job to Lesnar on Raw years ago. If you have a severely injured neck, someone as big and as green as Lesnar was then can do some serious damage.
Yes and it is one of the things that makes me like Kane so much. He is one of the safest big men in history. The musclebound big men are just so stiff they can't help but hurt people.

who knows

This talk reminds me of the Batista/edge spear...
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

hvsupastar

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 10, 2014, 04:02:04 pm

You really think that's why Austin didn't job to Lesnar? I always read it was just because it was unadvertised, which makes sense.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

toshortrock

nobody needs to end d streak,,let him ride off in the sunset
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Pulled(PP)pork

anybody see the article about the richest wrestlers in history?  The Rock leads an impressive group, in the $40million range, but it does include their acting money

PP

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 11, 2014, 08:32:04 am
You really think that's why Austin didn't job to Lesnar? I always read it was just because it was unadvertised, which makes sense.
Oh that was part of it. Losing on Raw, in an impromtu tournament factored in for sure. But he also didn't trust Lesnar (justifiably so)

hvsupastar

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on January 11, 2014, 09:42:52 am
anybody see the article about the richest wrestlers in history?  The Rock leads an impressive group, in the $40million range, but it does include their acting money

PP

That's crazy considering Hulk Hogan sued that doctor for like $50m. I know Linda took him to the cleaners, but I thought 50m for missing a potential Wm vs Cena a few years back seemed very, very steep. Which you just validated.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 11, 2014, 02:42:41 pm
That's crazy considering Hulk Hogan sued that doctor for like $50m. I know Linda took him to the cleaners, but I thought 50m for missing a potential Wm vs Cena a few years back seemed very, very steep. Which you just validated.
I never heard about that. How much did he end up getting?

hvsupastar

Pulled(PP)pork

I think Cena is in 2nd place around the $35million mark, then the Texas Rattlesnake....I think

PP

hvsupastar

SCSA was 2nd at 45m and Cena 3rd at 35m on the list I saw. Cena will probably end up making more money, strictly in the rasslin business, than anybody else. I wonder  how much Hogan was worth about 1999. Kevin Nash said on a podcast that Hogan was making a million a month in WCW

Nipsey Mussle

How about the fact that Khali makes over 1 mil a year on his wwe contract? That's their only bad contract imo.

hvsupastar

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 11, 2014, 04:11:01 pm
How about the fact that Khali makes over 1 mil a year on his wwe contract? That's their only bad contract imo.

That kind of makes me sick.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 11, 2014, 04:08:37 pm
SCSA was 2nd at 45m and Cena 3rd at 35m on the list I saw. Cena will probably end up making more money, strictly in the rasslin business, than anybody else. I wonder  how much Hogan was worth about 1999. Kevin Nash said on a podcast that Hogan was making a million a month in WCW
probably right, I'm dyslecix

PP

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 11, 2014, 04:08:37 pm
But if I understand it correctly, Nash and Hall would've been making the same thing at that point too then, right? I believe they both had it in their contract to be the highest paid performers in the company at all times.

hvsupastar

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 11, 2014, 05:59:15 pm
But if I understand it correctly, Nash and Hall would've been making the same thing at that point too then, right? I believe they both had it in their contract to be the highest paid performers in the company at all times.

I think the way it worked is that their contract would match any new performers signed, which wouldn't include Hogan's because he was already contracted. It did include guys like Piper, Hart

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 11, 2014, 06:00:58 pm
I think the way it worked is that their contract would match any new performers signed, which wouldn't include Hogan's because he was already contracted. It did include guys like Piper, Hart
I gotcha, I didn't realize that. I do know that it included people like Leno/Malone/Rodman on the one time performances, too as I've heard Nash reference that.

The huge contracts made wcw and killed them.