Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Horrible episode of Raw

Started by Nipsey Mussle, November 12, 2013, 01:19:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipsey Mussle

Raw from UK was pitiful. I felt sorry for the crowd b/c they were lively and WWE wouldn't give them anything to get excited about.
Did you leave this show feeling more excited about Survivor Series?
The only match I care about right now is the expected traditional SS elimination match featuring Wyatts/Punk-Bryan and whoever else.
Can you honestly say you care who wins Show-Orton?

Whether we like it or not, WWE needs Cena to be in the main storyline. WWE found out that Bryan is a GREAT draw for the live crowd but that hasn't really been the case in the ratings or ppv buys department.
I'm hoping, Big E., Wyatts, Shield, Usos, etc can step up b/c Raw was really bad tonight. Very boring, and it almost made me want to watch the dolphins vs Bucs.

camden5r

Yes it was boring. I do not like the Kane angle, and the Steph/HHH angle is crap. They need Shane or Vince on the opposite side to make it work. And yes they need Cena as the main storyline. The Wyatt/Shield is what I would like to see take off.

hvsupastar

I can't figure out why they would have 3 different handicap matches...
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

myriad_rocker

Kane sucks when he opens his mouth.  He's much better as a silent monster.

Eddie Goodson

November 13, 2013, 08:45:20 pm #4 Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:05:19 pm by Eddie Goodson
Kane has been a vital part of the backbone of the WWE for twenty years now. His anger management promos with Daniel Bryan stands as the absolute funniest work since Stone Cold Steve Austin whipped Vince McMahan's butt in a hospital bed. He is known as one of the safest workers in the ring ever. I am very interested to see just what he does with this.

"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 13, 2013, 08:45:20 pm
Kane has been a vital part of the backbone of the WWE for twenty years now. His anger management promos with Daniel Bryan stands as the absolute funniest work since Stone Cold Steve Austin whipped Vince McMahan's butt in a hospital bed. He is known as one of the safest workers in the ring ever. I am very interested to see just what he does with this.

I was watching a match with him as "Dr. Isaac Yankem" and it was crazy how agile he was. He was doing drop kicks, etc. He's great in the ring and a good example to the young talents about not complaining about his role.

That said, the corporate enforcer or w/e role started out bland on Monday. It shouldn't be a comedy routine like Team Hell No, he should be feared in this role.

Odd show from beginning to end.

Eddie Goodson

He has personally done more to put over up and comers than any other WWE star in 25 years. I havelong been a fan of him. He is a super smart guy. Abig libertarian.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

SwinerBock

I actually liked the little sit-down interview Kane had with Cole on WWE.com today.  I think this storyline has some potential.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 13, 2013, 09:25:33 pm
He has personally done more to put over up and comers than any other WWE star in 25 years. I havelong been a fan of him. He is a super smart guy. Abig libertarian.

Just kinda feels like he's playing Joseph Parks character right now...Dunno.

Love his work though.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

TomasPistola

Quote from: camden5r on November 12, 2013, 07:38:52 am
Yes it was boring. I do not like the Kane angle, and the Steph/HHH angle is crap. They need Shane or Vince on the opposite side to make it work. And yes they need Cena as the main storyline. The Wyatt/Shield is what I would like to see take off.

Oh Vince is coming. There's no doubt about that. What I can't figure out is why we need HBK to be a special guest ref at least once a year. I mean, what next? We gonna bring in Waltman and Razor to be lumberjacks and the New Age outlaws to be Tag Champs?
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: TomasPistola on November 14, 2013, 12:55:30 am
Oh Vince is coming. There's no doubt about that. What I can't figure out is why we need HBK to be a special guest ref at least once a year. I mean, what next? We gonna bring in Waltman and Razor to be lumberjacks and the New Age outlaws to be Tag Champs?
Sadly, I doubt Razor will ever be back. I hope he gets things in order as he's really just a victim of the wrestling business (how it was the in 80s, 90s).

I truly do not get why they had HBK turn on Bryan. He's on a legends contract and I see no reason for him to take a heel turn? He's been a face for almost 15 years.

hvsupastar

Scott Hall will be back and it will be soon if he continues to show improvement and sober living as he has been back in the public eye for about 9 months or so. It will only be a matter of time before his son Cody is in WWE and I have to believe when that happens Scott will be on TV with him
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

hvsupastar

The problem I have with Kane is, it doesn't make sense. Kane didn't have a feud with the authority or the big show. Why would he go out of his way to get in the middle of the fued.

But Kane is great and he will make it work

Richard_white

For me, this is a revisit of the attitude era storyline.  Will it work? Don't know but it can't get any worse.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Richard_white on November 14, 2013, 03:26:50 pm
For me, this is a revisit of the attitude era storyline.  Will it work? Don't know but it can't get any worse.

I thought it was too. But look at it - the face doesn't get over. I mean the idea (unless Kevin Sullivan is booking) is eventually you build up enough heat and the Face gets over. Never happened with Daniel Bryan. He got demoted and never resolved his issue. It doesn't make sense!

Maybe they'll let Big Show go over, but I'm having a hard time buying him as an underdog anyways. Just doesn't work for me. So much talent on the roster. Why do we have to have Stephanie and Trips taking spots that talented members of the roster could be doing.
You were right.
You did a great job.

myriad_rocker

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 13, 2013, 08:45:20 pmHis anger management promos with Daniel Bryan stands as the absolute funniest work since Stone Cold Steve Austin whipped Vince McMahan's butt in a hospital bed.
To each their own.  I thought they were kind of horrible.

who knows

I'm sorry but the HHH/Steph angle has been one of the best WWE has had in awhile...you need a figure head on tv so they can draw heat...Stone Cold is my favorite persona...but he wouldn't be Stone Cold had he not had Vince...the stuff they did was magic...
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

Richard_white

Quote from: TomasPistola on November 14, 2013, 03:49:52 pm
I thought it was too. But look at it - the face doesn't get over. I mean the idea (unless Kevin Sullivan is booking) is eventually you build up enough heat and the Face gets over. Never happened with Daniel Bryan. He got demoted and never resolved his issue. It doesn't make sense!

Maybe they'll let Big Show go over, but I'm having a hard time buying him as an underdog anyways. Just doesn't work for me. So much talent on the roster. Why do we have to have Stephanie and Trips taking spots that talented members of the roster could be doing.

Seems to me that they are more worried about getting the heels over than the faces.  They have Daniel Bryan & CM Punk vs the Wyatt's.  Okay, I get it.  They want to push the Wyatt's over.  Wile knocking Bryan's down?  And put the Big Show as the main event?  We seen it 14-15 years a go. 

This whole Stepthanie/Trips good for business is nothing more than the corporate storyline back in the attitude era.  The difference is, new faces.  Well, except for Kane.  And just like the attitude era when the Hemsley era, Vince comes riding in to try to take control.  Even though it might look a little different, it still has the same smell and taste.

Nipsey Mussle

I think the idea was to get Bryan the championship but the ratings and ppv numbers just weren't good with him as the guy. Like I said, he's a GREAT live draw and the fans are tuned in and loving it. If I was there, I'd be chanting YES! as loud as anyone, but I can't say anything he did during main event run really made me jump out of my seat. Bryan is A+ in the ring but probably indeed a B+ player outside of it, dare I say.

Richard_white

Quote from: BBsTheMan on November 14, 2013, 05:11:14 pm
I think the idea was to get Bryan the championship but the ratings and ppv numbers just weren't good with him as the guy. Like I said, he's a GREAT live draw and the fans are tuned in and loving it. If I was there, I'd be chanting YES! as loud as anyone, but I can't say anything he did during main event run really made me jump out of my seat. Bryan is A+ in the ring but probably indeed a B+ player outside of it, dare I say.

If that is true, how can you explain Orton/Show angle?  Even though MNF is the main reason why ratings are down, you can't tell me that Big Show/Orton is a better sell than Bryan/Orton or Punk/Orton. 

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Richard_white on November 14, 2013, 05:25:56 pm
If that is true, how can you explain Orton/Show angle?  Even though MNF is the main reason why ratings are down, you can't tell me that Big Show/Orton is a better sell than Bryan/Orton or Punk/Orton.
Show/Orton has been a miserable feud. I honestly don't care either way who wins that. And I don't know if Show is a better ratings/ppv draw than Bryan, I just know Bryan is now seen as more of a live draw and than ratings/ppv draw. Who knows, if they had left Steph/HHH out of the feud, maybe Orton/Bryan would've been better.
Punk/Orton would've been the best of those 3 choices though, imo.

hvsupastar

Quote from: who knows on November 14, 2013, 04:34:25 pm
I'm sorry but the HHH/Steph angle has been one of the best WWE has had in awhile...you need a figure head on tv so they can draw heat...Stone Cold is my favorite persona...but he wouldn't be Stone Cold had he not had Vince...the stuff they did was magic...

I disagree with you but its obvious the creative team has your line of thinking. The hottest wrestling ever was when Austin vs Vince /Rock. That was absolutely positively NOT because of the storyline. Thr storyline was what is was because Austin was breaking through in a way no character ever had and for the first time we were seeing the Vince character. That story line was great because the guys playing their roles were the best. But this owner/gm/authority vs top baby face has been beaten to death. Bischoff and Austin, Vince vs pgDX, Cena vs Vicki, Lauranitis vs Cena, Lauranitis vs Punk...its so played out

That being said this COULD be a good storyline because everyone knows HHH/Steph are real life an authority. I don't know that it will ever be that over the top unless Cena is the face of it though. A storyline of this magnitude makes nonsense without it involving the top guy. As much as I can't stand Cena, he is the #1 guy with punk being a very long distant #2

TomasPistola

Quote from: myriad_rocker on November 14, 2013, 04:31:45 pm
To each their own.  I thought they were kind of horrible.

I couldn't disagree more. Some of the funniest business in a long time. And it got Bryan over big time.
You were right.
You did a great job.

TomasPistola

Quote from: who knows on November 14, 2013, 04:34:25 pm

Magic is a good word. You'll never recapture that magic. Do something else.
You were right.
You did a great job.

myriad_rocker

Quote from: TomasPistola on November 14, 2013, 10:09:09 pm
I couldn't disagree more. Some of the funniest business in a long time. And it got Bryan over big time.
Well, that's like, your opinion, man.

Signed,
The Dude

TomasPistola

Quote from: myriad_rocker on November 15, 2013, 11:09:30 am
Well, that's like, your opinion, man.

Signed,
The Dude

Woo Woo Woo. You Know it.
You were right.
You did a great job.

myriad_rocker