Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hell in the Cell '13 PPV Highlights and Results

Started by jbcarol, October 27, 2013, 10:28:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

October 27, 2013, 10:28:08 pm Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 01:03:19 pm by jbcarol
Randy Orton def. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Title.

HBK hit Bryan with a superkick prior to the pinfall. Bryan had just hit HHH who had entered the ring to "check on HBK" who had been involved in a collision. HHH had called HBK down to the side of the cell moments earlier to chew him out. HBK hesitated for just a moment before executing the 3-count.

Cena wins World Championship over Del Rio. Del Rio had his submission hold on Cena's recovering left arm.  Cena picked him up with the bad arm and set him up for his modified fireman's carry to get the pin fall. Though he was chomping at the bit in the back, Sandow chose not to cash in $ in the bank contract.

AJ retained the Diva's title against Brie Bella via submission.

CM Punk got the HIAC victory over Ryback with kendo sticks and tables entered into the match. Prior to the match Heyman was lifted to the top of the cage by a scissors lift truck. The guy driving, legit struggled with getting the machine down the ramp and much time was lost. After the match, Punk tucked a kendo stick in the back of his trunks, scaled the cell, and beat down Heyman on top of the structure. He then executed a fireman's carry into a knee lift on top of the structure. He got a cleaner hit on Heyman than he got on Ryback who he hit in the chest.

The matadors and bull mascot defeated Swagger and the Swiss wrestler who set up a matador for almost 30 revolutions in the ring and got dizzy himself. After the match the bull mascot gored Dutch Mantell in the hind quarters at the side of the ring, hit Cesaro with a Huricana and jumped from the top onto Swagger on the floor.

Big E lobbied for and got a US Championship match with Dean Ambrose. Ambrose came down alone. Inadvertently, Ambrose's chin caught Big E under the eye and he was cut. Ref brought out the gloves. Ambrose took a count out loss to retain the title. Big E drug him in and hit his finisher and stretching his belt of Ambrose's chest.  The Shield did not appear to interfere.

Fandango and Summer Ray faced Khali and Jim Neidhart's daughter with Hornswoggle. Summer Ray got the pin for the victory.

Miz challenged Bray Wyatt to appear and after darkness, the two henchmen appeared and gave him a good beating. Kane reappeared and cleaned house. Bray was not present. Kane then chokeslammed the Miz because he was there.

In the three-way tag match the Rhodes retained the tag titles by getting a clean pin over Seth Rollins. Ambrose did not interfere though it was a Non-DQ match. The Usos provided some high flying high spots to help justify their existence in the match.

In the free pre-show match, Sandow defeated Kofi Kingston.

Dolph Ziggler, R Truth, and Kaitlyn did analysis between matches.

Rey Mysterio returned working with the Spanish Announce crew. Their table survived the night.  JBL claimed that the bull mascot was Rey early on.

It was announced at the onset that Big Show had a restraining placed on him to "ban him from the arena".
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Nipsey Mussle

I can't figure out why Ziggler isn't on a ppv at this stage in this career? He's over with the crowd, has a good gimmick, and his great in the ring.

So, this is the 17th screwy finish in a row to end a ppv? I'm guessing HBK will say he was sticking up for HHH when he gave sweet chin music to Daniel Bryan. Unless they're planning on a HBK-Daniel Bryan match, I don't see any reason to turn HBK heel.

hvsupastar

Ziggler is said to have major heat backstage and WWE is trying to humble him
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hvsupastar on October 28, 2013, 06:43:23 am
Ziggler is said to have major heat backstage and WWE is trying to humble him
Ahhh good call, I remember him having heat now. Something to do with an interview?

myriad_rocker

I think the Uso's need a bigger push.  I feel like WWE is trying to get them over a bit, but they need to push them more.  I want to see them with the tag titles in the near future.  Although, I do like the Rhodes brothers having the titles.

HROHog

QuoteI think the Uso's need a bigger push.  I feel like WWE is trying to get them over a bit, but they need to push them more.  I want to see them with the tag titles in the near future.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they become the next champs.

Hootiethehog

I hope they find some new talent at the tag level. The bullfighters are stupid and the real americans are just boring. Love the Rhodes and the Usos. And the shield is a lot of fun too. I miss the days of legitimate tag teams like the Steiners and whatnot
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Hootiethehog on November 09, 2013, 12:40:40 am
I hope they find some new talent at the tag level. The bullfighters are stupid and the real americans are just boring. Love the Rhodes and the Usos. And the shield is a lot of fun too. I miss the days of legitimate tag teams like the Steiners and whatnot
It's gotten a LOT better over the last few months but still a ways to go, I agree. Los Matadores are there for the kids. I feel like Real Americans should be connecting with me more than they actually are. They have it all, really. Solid manager, good catchphrase, and 2 very good in-ring workers. Just when they were starting to be taken seriously, Matadores took it right out of them. Can't have the bull fooling around with 3mb and then have the audience take Real Americans seriously when the bull is interrupting them as well.