Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blistering article

Started by #1Fan, November 07, 2017, 08:08:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael D Huff AIA

There may be a 3 alarm dumpster fire in Fayetteville, but that's not near as hot as this article. 

Damn.

Hoggish1

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 07, 2017, 08:13:50 am
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. LOL

It's plainly quoted in the article, did you not see it?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

rzrbaxfan

QuoteWhile the shorts and flip-flops were kinda cute to some fans five years ago, now it just looks like a guy making millions cruising his way to the finish line.

Ouch.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I love hit that line. They are brutally honest. I love the insight into the program we get from Tyler Wilson on their podcast
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

King Kong

He has been doing this for 5 years. Who cares

I care about wins and loses. He has had too many of the latter. I don't care what he dress like as long as we win

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

The first portion you probably saw didn't say that he did, but if you read it all toward the end it clearly states " and that s exactly how he showed up at Monday's presser"
Let's make some waves.

HogRockCafe

Had me 'til the words 'by Andy Hodges'.

King Kong

Quote from: HogRockCafe on November 07, 2017, 08:30:47 am
Had me 'til the words 'by Andy Hodges'.

I remember when he "reported" Chris Peterson was taking the Arkansas job and that if he changed his mind James Franklin was waiting to hop on a plane to come here.

Original link no longer exists.

https://thedailyhatch.org/2012/12/03/chris-petersen-next-arkansas-razorback-football-coach/

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on November 07, 2017, 08:33:00 am
I remember when he "reported" Chris Peterson was taking the Arkansas job and that if he changed his mind James Franklin was waiting to hop on a plane to come here.

Can we recycle that for this time?

Hog Fan...DOH!

I think TW has to look to the sideline first before giving an answer.

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2017, 08:34:11 am
Can we recycle that for this time?

Yeah what I would give for that to have been right 5 years ago

#1Fan

How do you "comprehend" this:

"While Bielema is babbling on in Johnny Sunshine coach-speak while looking like a coach ready to go on vacation in shorts and flip-flops (seriously, that's how he showed up at Monday's press conference), the fan base wouldn't particularly mind if he went ahead and left ... now if not sooner.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on November 07, 2017, 08:38:39 am
Now that was funny! 

chiefhawg

While Bielema is babbling on in Johnny Sunshine coach-speak while looking like a coach ready to go on vacation in shorts and flip-flops (seriously, that's how he showed up at Monday's press conference), the fan base wouldn't particularly mind if he went ahead and left ... now if not sooner

Reading comprehension? LOL

code red

As ridiculous as this article sounds....(and believe me I am not a CBB supporter)....but what about this article is news?  I think everyone knows the way Bret operates by now.  Worthless article...would you agree?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: #1Fan on November 07, 2017, 10:59:11 am

"While Bielema is babbling on in Johnny Sunshine coach-speak while looking like a coach ready to go on vacation in shorts and flip-flops (seriously, that's how he showed up at Monday's press conference), the fan base wouldn't particularly mind if he went ahead and left ... now if not sooner.
At this point his actions indicate he is shooting for that buyout money. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

DoctorSusscrofa

Tempest in a teapot.  "Reporters" are just throwing red meat to the haters.  Nearly everybody's ready for BB to go so there's no big downside, in terms of readership, if they lay into BB for things they haven't laid into him for 1,000 days ago.  Articles like this are meaningless and empty.  They don't convey anything new, they're just a pep rally for gullible haters.  And that enough to draw readers.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

phadedhawg

lots of venom in that piece and all of it earned lol

I feel toward Bret as this article reflects and I have since the first year he coached here.  I didn't want him hired but not for the dozens of reasons I now want him fired.

cjack

Oops.  Maybe it is
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on November 07, 2017, 08:38:39 am
Tyler is the only one on that show with any real thoughts and opinions.  The rest are hacks.  Right down to Nick Mason.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

twistitup

I knew the flip flops would come back to bite him
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Grizzlyfan

I don't care about shorts and flip flops.  I care that he hasn't used the word "embarrassed" one time since Saturday.  Can you imagine how many times Saban would have used the word embarrassed if they had a performance like we had Saturday?

The Hawg Marshal

Sounds like it was written by a Hogville poster.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

tolerati

"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: King Kong on November 07, 2017, 08:33:00 am

Original link no longer exists.

https://thedailyhatch.org/2012/12/03/chris-petersen-next-arkansas-razorback-football-coach/

He must use Hogville posters sources.............................especially Guv's.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Vantage 8 dude

Normally I wouldn't care what a HC might come to a pc in. However, when you show up in shorts and flip flops AND your team also seems to usually play with the same "who the heck cares, 'cause we're just hanging" style of effort/performance week after week then unfortunately I suspect the HC's attitude has been well integrated into the team's approach to virtually everything. BTW not accusing every player of taking that "laid back" approach.

KlubhouseKonnected

What hot take... very bold :-/
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

BILLYBOB

More than anything else, leadership is missing from this program. Why the hell would you show up to a press conference, where you're presumably representing the flagship university of the great state of Arkansas, wearing damn flip flops and shorts?  Would Nick Saban do that? Urban Meyer? Dabo? That is a reflection and it is a very big deal. SMH...
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

LZH

Quote from: BILLYBOB on November 08, 2017, 01:43:42 am
More than anything else, leadership is missing from this program. Why the hell would you show up to a press conference, where you're presumably representing the flagship university of the great state of Arkansas, wearing damn flip flops and shorts?  Would Nick Saban do that? Urban Meyer? Dabo? That is a reflection and it is a very big deal. SMH...

But when I said that several years ago, I was made fun of because I was too uptight. I should have loosened up and chilled out, man. When I said he has no leadership, I didn't know what I was talking about.

smb

Don't you just love it when someone tells it like it is.
GeorgiaHOG

Pork Twain

Reliable or not, once the media starts to turn on a coach...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

k.c.hawg

Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

code red

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on November 07, 2017, 12:55:02 pm
Tyler is the only one on that show with any real thoughts and opinions.  The rest are hacks.  Right down to Nick Mason.
No doubt.  Ruskin is an acstuck in the mud openionated bigot.  With absolutely no football knowledge.

Hawgzinbowlz

"Anything that could be a strategic advantage for us, whether it's the quarterback or how much T.J. (Hammonds) is gonna play or whether or not we've done certain things with him, (it's) better staying in-house and showing up on Saturdays," he said Monday at his press conference.

I'll take showing up on Saturdays.

" GO HOGS "

BrianG

For what...20 years the Hogs have really been a non entity in SEC football.  Maybe this is all we are.  Folks point at Petrinoes great year but all I remember is "no defense".  No one thought that year was sustainable.  Makes me think we are the Iowa State of the SEC.  They are having a good year...about to lose their coach and will be back where they were.

AirWarren

Quote from: #1Fan on November 07, 2017, 08:08:15 am
http://hitthatline.com/bielema-tap-dances-again-while-fans-look-for-leadership/

He showed up at the PC in shorts and flip flops?  Wow.

So what? I see people show up at all kinds of places that's inappropriate for camouflage yet people still wear it to inappropriate places here in Arkansas.

Flip flops, shorts, mossy oak, who gives a damn.

hawgon

Quote from: AP85 on November 08, 2017, 05:37:56 am
So what? I see people show up at all kinds of places that's inappropriate for camouflage yet people still wear it to inappropriate places here in Arkansas.

Flip flops, shorts, mossy oak, who gives a damn.

Anyone with any sense does.  It is completely unacceptable and indicates laziness and lack of respect not only for himself, but the program and the people of the state of Arkansas.

It is ESPECIALLY an indictment of Jeff Long that he has let his most high profile employee degenerate and disgrace the university by dressing that manner for the last five years. 

What do you think Long would donif one of his 20 assistant ADs showed up for some dressed like that?   What dinthink he would do if a receptionist showed up looking like that?

010HogFan

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on November 07, 2017, 12:55:02 pm

I can't take Nick Mason serious at all ever since he said you can't bench Austin Allen because it would hurt recruiting too much. Well actually before that now that I think about it.

hawgon

Tyler addressed the shirts and flip flops issue in the last few days as well.  He stated that when he was there that in the offices, the coaches were always business casual with khakis, polos or dress shirts, and dress shoes.  He said that going up there as a media member now that the contrast is marked in how the coaches dress and conduct themselves and there are things like boxes of donuts on desks and all that.

oldhog63

"Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob."

Kinda where we are with the flip flops and shorts.

ke2743

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 07, 2017, 01:57:02 pm
I don't care about shorts and flip flops.  I care that he hasn't used the word "embarrassed" one time since Saturday.  Can you imagine how many times Saban would have used the word embarrassed if they had a performance like we had Saturday?

Saban would have thrown that well placed coke bottle across the room, pull his hair, and yelled embarrassed every other word.

Atlhogfan1

Andy Hodges doesn't write articles.  He writes opinion columns to get reactions just as he did when Petrino was here and he was critical of him while chastising us for getting rid of Nutt.  The troll is on the mob's side now. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

soooieman

Anything by Andy Hodges is just b!tchfest. That whole site and show is beating a dead horse. That red faced clown, Ruskin just rants and rants. We get it, you don't like Bielema. Move on.

twistitup

Quote from: hawgon on November 08, 2017, 09:56:18 am
Tyler addressed the shirts and flip flops issue in the last few days as well.  He stated that when he was there that in the offices, the coaches were always business casual with khakis, polos or dress shirts, and dress shoes.  He said that going up there as a media member now that the contrast is marked in how the coaches dress and conduct themselves and there are things like boxes of donuts on desks and all that.

I can picture it....1/2 eaten boxes of honey glazed donuts laying around the office, cold coffee in a half dozen old cups, plays scrawled on a dry erase board that hasn't seen a cleaning in 5 years, a scratched reggae cd repeating itself over and over in the background....empty Busch Light cans stuffed into a Taco Bell bag thrown over in the corner, the smell of old leftovers and foot fungus lingering in the air
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

cjack

Quote from: #1Fan on November 07, 2017, 10:59:11 am

"While Bielema is babbling on in Johnny Sunshine coach-speak while looking like a coach ready to go on vacation in shorts and flip-flops (seriously, that’s how he showed up at Monday’s press conference), the fan base wouldn’t particularly mind if he went ahead and left … now if not sooner.

Hoggish1 has thousands of posts, but I haven't seen him back in this one since he blew it trying to make fun of you.
Woooo Pig Soooie!