Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(Possible) Brady Injury

Started by HogHomer, August 14, 2013, 03:03:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogHomer

Might not be anything significant but Brady left practice early with a knee injury. However he left under his own power.

Hopefully Mallett is recovered from his head injury.

Hoggish1

Reports say Mallett's wasn't a head injury...  What's the truth?

HogHomer

Quote from: Hoggish1 on August 14, 2013, 03:05:35 pm
Reports say Mallett's wasn't a head injury...  What's the truth?
Oh then that's my bad I hadn't heard anything other than watching the hit and seeing him come out.

McKdaddy

After practice, Brady jogged off the field, fwiw.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

HogCaller13

Respect Your Opponent, But Fear None!!! #1-0 WPS

HogHomer

Quote from: McKdaddy on August 14, 2013, 03:08:52 pm
After practice, Brady jogged off the field, fwiw.
You never know with knee injuries though. Could be just a little bump or could be a ligament tear. It is most likely nothing but I just wanted to show how close Mallett is to a starting job.

McKdaddy

Quote from: HogHomer on August 14, 2013, 03:10:55 pm
You never know with knee injuries though. Could be just a little bump or could be a ligament tear. It is most likely nothing but I just wanted to show how close Mallett is to a starting job.

True.

HighTide999

Quote from: HogHomer on August 14, 2013, 03:10:55 pm

You gotta hope he is more successful there than he was on the hill.
RTR

threeNout

If there is one QB in the NFL who doesn't need preseason, it's Brady.

Wouldn't shock me at all to think Belechik might overplay an injury to TB as an excuse to put Mallett on full display, shop him hard.

I still think no team will offer what BB thinks Mallett is worth long term, but I do see him trying to drive up the price at any opportunity.

Brady gets almost nothing out of preseason, just useless miles.

The Divine Swine

ESPN reported that he was not hit during the play that he went down (Brady) in practice, but that he was down for a while before getting up and leaving on his own. He did not return to practice. They mentioned it was the same side that was injured in 2011 or whenever that was.

Now, the injury Mallett sustained was according to his own words was he got the breath knocked out of him. Word is Belichek got a little spooked thinking they would be screwed if something happened to Mallett and they needed him so they decided to see what Tebow had to show. Mallett is fine. This Brady injury does nothing but help Mallett either way. If he turns out to be fine, it puts some things in the minds of the Patriots fans and personnel that Mallett is even more valuable than initially thought. The only thing going against Mallett is that it is never good to follow a legend, but Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers did it just fine.

Mallett can be that guy. The more reps he gets and the more actual game experience he gets his accuracy will improve and his receivers will get used to catching his passes which is part of the issue with his accuracy anyway. He typically lays the balls in the wr's hands, but at a velocity they are not used to. I do concede he is off on some as well though which he will correct over time.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

The Divine Swine

Quote from: threeNout on August 14, 2013, 03:17:39 pm

Wouldn't shock me at all to think Belechik might overplay an injury to TB as an excuse to put Mallett on full display, shop him hard.

I still think no team will offer what BB thinks Mallett is worth long term, but I do see him trying to drive up the price at any opportunity.

Totally agree. With this injury, I will be totally shocked if we do not see Mallett for the entire first half of this Friday's preseason game. Maybe even the third quarter as well. I know Tebow needs work also, but Mallett is your future in New England. He should get the work.

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

The Divine Swine

Quote from: HighTide999 on August 14, 2013, 03:16:05 pm
RTR

So you do not believe he was successful during his time at Arkansas?

If not, go back and check the stats. I believe he led the SEC his last year. I guess your idea of a successful QB is someone that hands the ball off 50 times per game!

HogHomer

Quote from: Hogcrates on August 14, 2013, 03:33:47 pm
So you do not believe he was successful during his time at Arkansas?

If not, go back and check the stats. I believe he led the SEC his last year. I guess your idea of a successful QB is someone that hands the ball off 50 times per game!
Is there any Bama QB's on the 2 deep of any NFL team?

McKdaddy

Quote from: Hogcrates on August 14, 2013, 03:24:00 pm
ESPN reported that he was not hit during the play that he went down (Brady) in practice, but that he was down for a while before getting up and leaving on his own. He did not return to practice. They mentioned it was the same side that was injured in 2011 or whenever that was.

Actually, espn said this:

"After limping to the sideline under his own power, Brady missed one play before rejoining and completing the drill. Following the drill, Brady huddled with coach Bill Belichick, offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and head trainer Jim Whalen and it was determined that Brady would not continue to practice.

He jogged off the field under his own power."

cmiller01

duroc

Just got a text from a friend that Brady tore his ACL.  I have not seen or heard anything like that and ESPN.com had nothing as of 5 minutes ago.  Anybody else heard anything further?   

LL COOL HOG

twistitup

If Brady tore his ACL he will retire.

Great Career, but he's got a model wife to 'make happy'- he's got nothing left to prove
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Pigsknuckles

bueller bueller...I mean, Mallett Mallett
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

atekido

Quote from: duroc on August 14, 2013, 03:51:42 pm
Just got a text from a friend that Brady tore his ACL.  I have not seen or heard anything like that and ESPN.com had nothing as of 5 minutes ago.  Anybody else heard anything further?   

probably because your friend doesn't know anything.

duroc

Quote from: atekido on August 14, 2013, 04:04:56 pm
probably because your friend doesn't know anything.

Just passing the info along.

weresoclose

Quote from: threeNout on August 14, 2013, 03:17:39 pm

Pay attention to NFL much?  Brady lost like 90% of the targets he had last season to free agency and stupidity on Kraft's part (Welker).

If ANYONE needs preseason, it is Brady.  New England is about to take a dive and ride on the back it its running game.

Reports are that it is minor.  The fact that returned to field and later jogged seem to confirm that.

hardtimes79

Quote from: weresoclose on August 14, 2013, 04:14:03 pm
Pay attention to NFL much?  Brady lost like 90% of the targets he had last season to free agency and stupidity on Kraft's part (Welker).

If ANYONE needs preseason, it is Brady.  New England is about to take a dive and ride on the back it its running game.
Well from nfl reports brady hasnt missed a beat with the new receivers.  They stated he has picked the eagles defense apart in practice, so i think he will be alright.  Always seems to make it work no matter the receivers just like manning.
The easiest way to save face is to keep the lower half shut.

Buff

RTR

Weak troll is weak.

McKdaddy

RTR

You can do better than that.

I-HATE-Nutt

Quote from: Karma on August 14, 2013, 04:14:42 pm
Reports are that it is minor.  The fact that returned to field and later jogged seem to confirm that.

That means nothing.
You never know about a knee.
Madre Hill went back in the game with a torn ACL. (so have a ton of other guys)

LL COOL HOG

August 14, 2013, 04:39:34 pm #27 Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 05:35:11 pm by bigrod155
Quote from: Karma on August 14, 2013, 04:14:42 pm

RGIII may disagree. But lets wait for an official announcement. I hate to hear anyone getting hurt like that.

threeNout

this is why you don't trade Mallett, not even for a 2nd round pick.

The Divine Swine

Quote from: McKdaddy on August 14, 2013, 03:38:06 pm
Actually, espn said this:

"After limping to the sideline under his own power, Brady missed one play before rejoining and completing the drill. Following the drill, Brady huddled with coach Bill Belichick, offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and head trainer Jim Whalen and it was determined that Brady would not continue to practice.

He jogged off the field under his own power."

They were not that detailed the first time they reported it. The first time they reported it they said he was not hit, but video shows he was and they said he laid there a bit and walked off and did not return. Then later I also saw their revision or maybe not revision, but rather expanded more detailed version.

Masshog

Local media reporting it as no more than a scare.  Neg. MRI and so forth. 
My feets hurt.

threeNout

good news for Brady, glad to hear it.

I just hope BB plays it extra safe and starts Mallett Friday night.  :)

twistitup

Could this be the beginning of the end? Is a slow, sad decline around the corner?

The Divine Swine

Quote from: twistitup on August 14, 2013, 09:02:47 pm
Could this be the beginning of the end? Is a slow, sad decline around the corner?

actually i don't wish anything bad for Brady, but i do hope he has a couple of years of decline and struggle before Mallett takes over. Otherwise the fans won't give Mallett any time to adjust. With that being said, the guy on PTI, not kornheiser and not wilbon, but the guy filling in for Kornheiser acts like Belichek's intention is to find a bidder for Mallett. Mallett can be a top five NFL QB once he takes over and gets settled in. seriously, he is the exact same style as the two best in the league in Brady and Manning. I would like to see Mallett stay a Patriot because they are well run, but if he goes elsewhere he will be the starter quickly.

HighTide999

Quote from: HogHomer on August 14, 2013, 03:36:45 pm
Is there any Bama QB's on the 2 deep of any NFL team?

Not sure, doesn't matter.  GMac has a NC ring.  Bama has "crystal" on display because, in part, of his QB play.  Now with all those great facilities you fans think the hogs have, JL forgot crystal.  Mallet was a total LOSER against Bama, not even a SECw title.  Show me the crystal.  RTR

cosmodrum

Quote from: HighTide999 on August 14, 2013, 10:49:47 pm
Not sure, doesn't matter.  GMac has a NC ring.  Bama has "crystal" on display because, in part, of his QB play.  Now with all those great facilities you fans think the hogs have, JL forgot crystal.  Mallet was a total LOSER against Bama, not even a SECw title.  Show me the crystal.  RTR

EAD
Go away, batin'

PygmalionEffect

Doesn't matter?

Yea, that's what John Parker Wilson said when he and Mallet compared paychecks..... LOL

Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

Iwastherein1969

how many NCs are you guys working on now, 38 or 39 ?  for some reason I lose count, and even more than that, interest...you know I'd have immense respect for Alabama if not for it's fan base who is quicker than a water bug to deny any interest in a sport unless Alabama just happens to be doing well in that particular sport....baseball ? you guys hate it...but softball, well now we have to support the women in something...track ? what the hell is that ?  but women's gymnastics, by God that is some of the darndest stuff you've ever seen, Arlene !  you get the point, its not the Alabama Crimson Tide that turns everyone's stomach, it's the insufferable sidewalk/t-shirt fans that Alabama produces en masse...just one example..

[attachment deleted by admin]
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

JoeyCapital

What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Iwastherein1969

The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HighTide999

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 14, 2013, 11:06:21 pm
how many NCs are you guys working on now, 38 or 39 ?  for some reason I lose count, and even more than that, interest...you know I'd have immense respect for Alabama if not for it's fan base who is quicker than a water bug to deny any interest in a sport unless Alabama just happens to be doing well in that particular sport....baseball ? you guys hate it...but softball, well now we have to support the women in something...track ? what the hell is that ?  but women's gymnastics, by God that is some of the darndest stuff you've ever seen, Arlene !  you get the point, its not the Alabama Crimson Tide that turns everyone's stomach, it's the insufferable sidewalk/t-shirt fans that Alabama produces en masse...just one example..

Geez, thought the subject was QB???   BTW, your opinion of Bama "anything" doesn't mean squat.  You've had 20 years in SEC, still no championship, SECw or higher.  How many more years you need???

JoeyCapital

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 14, 2013, 11:12:58 pm
a Lefty fan I see

I don't mind him. Just thought this pic was funny.

Every time I see the guy I think FIGJAM
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: HighTide999 on August 14, 2013, 11:25:06 pm
Geez, thought the subject was QB???   BTW, your opinion of Bama "anything" doesn't mean squat.  You've had 20 years in SEC, still no championship, SECw or higher.  How many more years you need???

The University of Alabama - One Trick Pony

Don't try to give a guy from alabama more than one thing to do at a time, it just confuses them.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

JoeyCapital

Seriously, what do you get out of coming on here talking ish? I understand the Auburn cats coming on here; they need to make themselves feel better. I would think bama fans would be secure enough that they wouldn't have to stoop to embarrassing themselves on other teams boards.

Leads me to believe you are a dooche. So yeah, EAD

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

The Divine Swine

We do have some SEC west titles to boast, but remember, you guys were a dumpster fire until  you got Saban. So in the words of our new coach "Just sit back and watch"

twistitup

Quote from: Hogcrates on August 14, 2013, 09:47:58 pm
actually i don't wish anything bad for Brady, but i do hope he has a couple of years of decline and struggle before Mallett takes over. Otherwise the fans won't give Mallett any time to adjust. With that being said, the guy on PTI, not kornheiser and not wilbon, but the guy filling in for Kornheiser acts like Belichek's intention is to find a bidder for Mallett. Mallett can be a top five NFL QB once he takes over and gets settled in. seriously, he is the exact same style as the two best in the league in Brady and Manning. I would like to see Mallett stay a Patriot because they are well run, but if he goes elsewhere he will be the starter quickly.

That's how they do it in NE

Bledsoe to Brady was a transition due to age and injury. Brady was a backup for several seasons before getting a real chance.

1highhog

So did the Alabama Boards kick you off or something?  Why the hell are you here if that's not the case, makes no sense to me.  I never go visit a Bama Board and ask them why they suck so bad in Track & Field.  I mean, sure, I'd like to win a BCS title in Football, but is that the only titles y'all have won in the last 20 years?  Arkansas has more than held their own in the SEC since being a member, so shut the frock up and go bother your sister on an Auburn Board.

jjdlc

If Brady gets even a minor injury and misses any play time, or shows any signs of slowing down, I would not be surprised at all for Bill Belichick to trade him, especially if he thinks Mallet is ready.