Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cowboy Ribeyes

Started by Boarcephus, March 05, 2017, 06:07:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

March 05, 2017, 06:07:49 am Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 07:33:17 am by Boarcephus
Saw these the other day at Sam's and had to try them.  Have to admit it makes for one neat looking steak.  I was told if you don't wrap the bone end in aluminum foil when it starts cooking the marrow from the bone starts dripping on the fire and it'll flare up like a mother.  I know I'm paying for bone but these were $6.95 a pound so that's not bad.  The smaller of the two weighted in at 2.3 pounds and the larger just a tad over 2 1/2.  Will definitely do these again.

One more thing....how do you flip the damn picture??  Not that way on my photos but when it pops up here it's upside down.   >:(
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ricepig

Looks good, there's a place here in Jonesboro that has a real good Cowboy ribeye, at $39 for 280z...... As far as the picture, I just stand on my head to look at it.   8)

Boarcephus

LOL!!  That sob is right side up on my photo list but when I post it here it flips.  Bastard!   ;)  I screwed with it a couple times and said to hell with it. 

Sam's has a good deal.  Mine was 2 1/2 pounds or roughly 40oz for $17.50 or so.   One of the bones was too long to fit on my egg so I took a hacksaw after it and cut off a couple inches.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

I never tried them but I seen them done on BBQ Pitmasters several times.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogginbama

I personally like the cowboy or "bone-in ribeyes" better than a boneless ribeye. Seems to hold the juices much better. The OP is correct, gotta wrap those bone ends or the flames will tear you up. Was an expensive mistake learned the hard way here.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

pigture perfect

Why do I click on threads like this late at night. Look out Kenmore.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"