Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas State taunting us

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, November 04, 2017, 04:58:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog of steele

Quote from: elksnort on November 04, 2017, 07:12:52 pm
Well it's time for both teams to play

This has been the subject of a few threads lately. The ASU fans make it clear that they don't ever think about AR. They never talk about AR unless asked. And they don't really care to play us. So it's a nonstarter.

Why play ASU anyhow? UCA is the better team this year.

PossumFan

Quote from: Hogman2 on November 04, 2017, 07:12:30 pm
Who? He NEVER SAW the field at UA!

Lots of good to great players never (or rarely) see the field at UA. All you have to do is regularly read Hogville to know this.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

Quote from: elksnort on November 04, 2017, 07:12:52 pm
Well it's time for both teams to play

No, it might divide the state. I think that high schools should only play out-of-state teams too.

elksnort

Quote from: hog of steele on November 04, 2017, 07:15:24 pm
This has been the subject of a few threads lately. The ASU fans make it clear that they don't ever think about AR. They never talk about AR unless asked. And they don't really care to play us. So it's a nonstarter.

Why play ASU anyhow? UCA is the better team this year.
frankly I'm sick of all the Arkansas fans who look down on ASU and just the same I'm disgusted with all the Arkansas state fans who don't recognize University of Arkansas.. I'm a Razorback fan first and I like both teams and I think they should play.

elksnort

Quote from: Poop Hoggy Hogg on November 04, 2017, 07:17:05 pm
No, it might divide the state. I think that high schools should only play out-of-state teams too.
at least I'm sober enough to know that you are dripping with sarcasm thank you

elksnort

Quote from: PossumFan on November 04, 2017, 07:16:32 pm
Lots of good to great players never (or rarely) see the field at UA. All you have to do is regularly read Hogville to know this.
seemingly TJ Hammonds for 1

Grag T

Why wouldn't state taunt us? They know this year they would kick the hell our of us.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

hog of steele

Quote from: elksnort on November 04, 2017, 07:17:55 pm
frankly I'm sick of all the Arkansas fans who look down on ASU and just the same I'm disgusted with all the Arkansas state fans who don't recognize University of Arkansas.. I'm a Razorback fan first and I like both teams and I think they should play.

I support both. So I am glad they don't play.

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: PossumFan on November 04, 2017, 07:10:15 pm
Yep, that's me. Let Arkansas continue to shun the "little brother" _ it only reflects poorly on the Hogs while the Red Wolves annually are unafraid to schedule any number of "better" P5 teams, like Miami this year and 'Bama next year.

It's called prostitution
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

buldozer

CBB could not beat ASU, I have little doubt about that.

kid squealer

Quote from: PossumFan on November 04, 2017, 07:10:15 pm
Yep, that's me. Let Arkansas continue to shun the "little brother" _ it only reflects poorly on the Hogs while the Red Wolves annually are unafraid to schedule any number of "better" P5 teams, like Miami this year and 'Bama next year.
. Those games are always scheduled by mid majors.  Its all about the Benjamins!!!
SMITE ME JACKWAGONS!!!  I NEED TO BE THE -1 KING!!!

GolfNut57

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on November 04, 2017, 07:22:59 pm
It's called prostitution

And just about every G5 team has to do it 1-2 games per year for the money. ASU isn't by themselves in that regard.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Philip Seaton

Considering Arkansas is the only in-state school that doesn't charge its students an athletic fee to attend the university to get a degree, maybe the players need to shut up.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on November 04, 2017, 07:22:59 pm
It's called prostitution
I disagree.

Maybe 10 years ago, but not anymore

Oh yes they open against Alabama next year.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Philip Seaton on November 04, 2017, 07:25:27 pm
Considering Arkansas is the only in-state school that doesn't charge its students an athletic fee to attend the university to get a degree, maybe the players need to shut up.
Which ASU raised to build their practice facility.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Our game was way more interesting. ASU's victory was never in doubt.

Randy Cavender

Just a reminder: UCA beat ASU at Jonesboro last year!

Athog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 04, 2017, 04:58:07 pm
Former Arkansas WR/ Current Arkansas St WR Kendrick Edwards posted this on twitter

Who cares what Ar light is saying! Let alone a guy who didn't make it! At the end
Of the day they are still ar light!!

GolfNut57

Quote from: rhogcaveman on November 04, 2017, 07:29:46 pm

Last year sucked but it's over. This year ASU beat CCU 51-17.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

elksnort

Quote from: Athog on November 04, 2017, 07:30:42 pm
Who cares what Ar light is saying! Let alone a guy who didn't make it! At the end

Man, you tell em'!

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: Athog on November 04, 2017, 07:30:42 pm

They haven't been AR light in a few years.  UA has been the weak link in AR and your boy hasn't been getting it done.  Just drop the BB love.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 04, 2017, 07:14:56 pm
Hahahaha....this is so predictable. Get embarrassed by barely beating a 1-7 CCU team and have to resort to bashing ASU to make yourselves feel better. Enjoy the bad karma your attitude generates.

Dumb. This is Ark St's obsession.  Wouldn't even pay attention to ASU otherwise. 

Ark St's last win over a P5 opponent was 2008? Before that?   1915 vs Ole Miss?   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Seebs

Edwards can use his ASU sheepskin to wipe his brow  when he changes my brake pads in two years.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: rhogcaveman on November 04, 2017, 07:29:46 pm
You guys are grasping for straws.

UCA was and is a good football team.

When A-State was a top FCS program they could hang with a lot of big name schools. Even tied Mississippi State one year when the Razorbacks tied them.

As a fledgling FBS beat ULM when the Razorbacks lost to them.

That's football.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Seebs on November 04, 2017, 07:34:10 pm
Edwards can use his ASU sheepskin to wipe his brow  when he changes my brake pads in two years.
You don't do your own brake jobs? Weak

Seminole Indian

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 04, 2017, 07:36:09 pm
ASU should be trolling us.
Normally when I post up here it gets sent down. Trying to clean up this forum.

phadedhawg

ASU is the premier program in Arkansas...let 'em taunt us...they've earned it

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: Seminole Indian on November 04, 2017, 07:25:40 pm
I disagree.

Maybe 10 years ago, but not anymore

Oh yes they open against Alabama next year.

It is 100% about the money, don't pretend it's because they like getting there teeth kicked in by Bama
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

elksnort

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on November 04, 2017, 07:41:35 pm
It is 100% about the money, don't pretend it's because they like getting there teeth kicked in by Bama
You mean like Arkansas does.

PossumFan

Quote from: hog of steele on November 04, 2017, 07:22:05 pm
I support both. So I am glad they don't play.

So one Saturday a year you couldn't pick one over the other? I assume you are a Hog fan first, and it wouldn't hurt you too badly to pull for them over ASU and still root for the Red Wolves the rest of the year.

Dropkick

In all honesty this is "that year" ASU would probably beat us. Our rock bottom and they are actually really playing well. That being said it's nice to know we are their yardstick and what they yearn to be and not vice versa.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Atlhogfan1

November 04, 2017, 07:44:40 pm #83 Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:24:15 pm by Atlhogfan1
Quote from: elksnort on November 04, 2017, 07:43:05 pm
You mean like Arkansas does.

Edited.

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on November 04, 2017, 07:41:35 pm
Well hopefully it will be a fun game to watch.

As usual they started slow this year, but they have a chance to be a good team.

Next years team has a chance to be very good, from the get go.

johnny cash

Why shouldn't they? I'll hang up and listen.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Dropkick on November 04, 2017, 07:44:33 pm
In all honesty this is "that year" ASU would probably beat us. Our rock bottom and they are actually really playing well. That being said it's nice to know we are their yardstick and what they yearn to be and not vice versa.

Been many a year since Arkansas was ASU's yardstick. This year it was Nebraska and should have been Miami. Next year it will be Bama.

Seminole Indian

Next year is the year A-State is expecting to be good.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 04, 2017, 07:49:00 pm
Been many a year since Arkansas was ASU's yardstick. This year it was Nebraska and should have been Miami. Next year it will be Bama.

LOL. So it is whatever P5 team you are losing to each season?

LRRandy

Quote from: j-mann on November 04, 2017, 07:06:07 pm
a-st  will never play in a NY6  bowl even if they win every game 70-0   
see, the red wolves and the hogs have more in common than you think
This is fun, isn't it.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: LRRandy on November 04, 2017, 07:53:08 pm
see, the red wolves and the hogs have more in common than you think

Oh St too this season.   

kid squealer

We'll never really know but be sure that the crazy asu fans are not all happy with the current HC and his game plans/style.  I hear from them routinely how they want another coach.  LOL!  Crazy!  Seriously how do they think they could do better with a less than mid major salary; mid major conference; and mid major facilities; as well mid major fan base. 
SMITE ME JACKWAGONS!!!  I NEED TO BE THE -1 KING!!!

razortrack

Thin skinned!!!!  Who cares what a kid says.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 04, 2017, 07:44:40 pm
Tshirt fan?

Dude, quit being such a Bielieber and Bielemer-butt-sniffer.

He ain't that good. Certainly not worth the passion you show for him.

LRRandy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 04, 2017, 07:53:55 pm
Oh St too this season.
you're right about the playoff. Still probably NY6.
This is fun, isn't it.

Iwastherein1969

Makes no sense to play them until they've hung 43 National Championship banners that their sports program has won. When they do this, I say play them in football and basketball every year in that tick infested dumpster fire of a town called Jonesboro.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

buffaload

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 04, 2017, 05:09:20 pm
Bet the Red Wolves would like to play us this year.

I suspect they'd like to play the Hogs any year, every year.

elksnort

Lady Razorback

Quote from: PossumFan on November 04, 2017, 07:16:32 pm

You are on a HOGville board.  You know this, right? 

LRRandy

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 04, 2017, 07:57:33 pm
Makes no sense to play them until they've hung 43 National Championship banners that their sports program has won. When they do this, I say play them in football and basketball every year in that tick infested dumpster fire of a town called Jonesboro.
yay track.
This is fun, isn't it.