Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 06, 2024, 05:57:12 am

Gus is a gimmick...

Started by hamsam, December 03, 2017, 10:59:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hamsam

Always has been, always will be. He knows he can't get it done here. He can't get it done with the best players money can buy so he has no chance here.
He's chicken shizz-nit.
Rison proved it to me in 2000 state championship game. Totty coached fundamental football that beat the gimmicky shizz-nit Gus does.

I pray that prick will NEVER be our coach.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Dr. Starcs

If by gimmick, you mean booger-eating egomaniac, I agree.

hamsam

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 03, 2017, 11:03:23 pm
If by gimmick, you mean booger-eating egomaniac, I agree.

Yes. That's exactly what I meant. He's a booger chomper!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Breems

Quote from: hamsam on December 03, 2017, 10:59:32 pm
He can't get it done with the best players money can buy

He has and is.

Not a gimmick but not amazing either. Just a solid coach that we need to move on from.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hamsam

Quote from: Breems on December 03, 2017, 11:07:02 pm
He has and is.

Not a gimmick but not amazing either. Just a solid coach that we need to move on from.

Wrong. He's a one dimensional coach. Constant bs formations that anyone that knows the game are bs. A tackle lined up as a wide out should not be respected at the d1 level.

Donny2665

Quote from: hamsam on December 03, 2017, 11:14:46 pm
Wrong. He's a one dimensional coach. Constant bs formations that anyone that knows the game are bs. A tackle lined up as a wide out should not be respected at the d1 level.
Most idiotic comments I've read today! SMH!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

hamsam

Quote from: Donny2665 on December 03, 2017, 11:20:37 pm

Crack makes most morons shake their heads. You don't even know what a legal formation is...
6A football is what Gus coaches... must be why you're on his jock.

Sivad

I pray that prick will NEVER be our coach.
Safe to say your prayers have been answered.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hamsam

Quote from: Sivad on December 03, 2017, 11:31:22 pm
Safe to say your prayers have been answered.

Other than my wife, first one ever

Donny2665

Quote from: hamsam on December 03, 2017, 11:23:12 pm
Crack makes most morons shake their heads. You don't even know what a legal formation is...
6A football is what Gus coaches... must be why you're on his jock.
Crack brings the idiots out on message boards to, congrats! Gus has more football knowledge in his pinky than you could ever comprehend! How about you put that crackpipe down!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Cale

I've got an idea. Let's move on from talking about him
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

Jean-Luc Pigard

Quote from: Cale on December 04, 2017, 12:01:13 am
I've got an idea. Let's move on from talking about him

Here, here!

At some point we've got to move on from the 2006 football season.

redeye

Always has been, always will be. He knows he can't get it done here. He can't get it done with the best players money can buy so he has no chance here.

This may have played into his decision.  Some of our GOBN obviously thought he'd win enough here to warrant 7 mil per year, but he likely knew better.  Everyone said expectations are lower at Arkansas, but winning 7-8 games per year wasn't going to warrant the money offered to him, unless he was able to get Arkansas into the SECCG, as he did at Auburn.  The thing is that every Auburn coach manages to get them in the SECCG every ~4 years, so Gus is just average there.  We could hire Tuberville, pay him much less and receive the same results.  Except that unlike Gus, Tubs actually has an undefeated season at Auburn, as did Bowden and Chizik.

nightrider388

I'm not a Gus fan. However the only people telling us over and over with sources that Gus was coming was the Arkansas media. I never once heard Gus say anything about coming to Arkansas.  But yeah he took it and ran with it. Also whose to say this athletic department ran by who knows didn't fumble it. It's a tough sale with no real A.D.

Cylinder

Quote from: Donny2665 on December 03, 2017, 11:20:37 pm

This.

It's business.

It's not an opportunity to resurrect the past glory surrounding involvement in the Nutt et al drama.

It's not two 16 year-olds finding a date for prom.

It's not the chaos narrative.

It's just business.

We had an opportunity to get a good coach with SEC experience. It didn't work out.

It's reassuring that the power brokers were thinking big.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: nightrider388 on December 04, 2017, 12:14:37 am
I'm not a Gus fan. However the only people telling us over and over with sources that Gus was coming was the Arkansas media. I never once heard Gus say anything about coming to Arkansas.  But yeah he took it and ran with it. Also whose to say this athletic department ran by who knows didn't fumble it. It's a tough sale with no real A.D.

This

Paulsooie

I think the guy can coach, and I would have been good with him.  He said no, ok.  However, I hope that UCF beats them like they stole from them. I am not a fan anymore, bring on Norvell.
If it ain't broke, break it and see what happens!

holeinthewall

This is classic. Gus played the Pigs for a raise from Auburn plain and simple.  if he had lost those last 3 games and got fired from Auburn he already had his next job lined up.  He played a great game of poker and came out the winner.

QuoteHe knows he can't get it done here. He can't get it done with the best players money can buy so he has no chance here

Not sure any coach can get in done.  None have so far.