Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas an embarrassment to the SEC.

Started by pigmania, December 01, 2017, 11:21:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Does the SEC regret bringing Arkansas into the conference?

Yes
4 (16%)
No
20 (80%)
Unsure
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: December 03, 2017, 11:21:56 pm

pigmania

We handle business and play football like a second tier school. We are constantly mocked by the other conference school fans as always being beneath them. I think Arkansas got way in over it's head when we joined the SEC. The only logic in staying is the money. IMO

hobhog

Science Fiction Greg

Good lord.  Pull your panties out of your crack and go do something useful.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

HyperDrive

Quote from: pigmania on December 01, 2017, 11:21:56 pm
We handle business and play football like a second tier school. We are constantly mocked by the other conference school fans as always being beneath them. I think Arkansas got way in over it's head when we joined the SEC. The only logic in staying is the money. IMO

I voted no.  You've made a couple of SEC Championship Games.  You had some excellent years with Petrino that had the misfortune of occurring when the SEC overall was at it's absolute peak.  Won a basketball natty in the SEC.  Have had several very good years in baseball.  Your track team.  Why would you be considered an embarrassment?

hobhog

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on December 01, 2017, 11:23:51 pm
Good lord.  Pull your panties out of your crack and go do something useful.

Vols need fans like him....

Occams Razorback

Everyone mocks everyone else at times - sometimes it is justified but most of the time not - it's like sibling rivalries - the smart kid, the religious kid, the partier and it goes on - we all have our strengths and weaknesses - plus, would you rather be made fun of by LSU and Alabama or Iowa State and Texas Tech?
If it makes crumbs, it's probably not good for you.

nwahogs

http://www.ordoludus.com/3.html

Overall athletics we're ranked 4th and are the only sec tram in the top 10

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: pigmania on December 01, 2017, 11:21:56 pm
I honestly give two shats about what other fans say or don't. Yep, we're struggled the past couple of years in football; however, we still hold our own very well in the vast majority of other sports. And yes, there ARE other sports even if many don't want to acknowledge it.

One other thing: the "worm will turn", it always does. Does that mean we're going to immediately go out and compete for a SECC in football ??? Not likely; however, there will come a time when the right coach and right situation will begin to turn things. Heck, even UK, the traditional toilet dweller of the league, has shown signs of life with Stoops. The same can be said to some degree with Vandy. And take a look at the HUGE difference Mullen made at MSU. So lest we continue to wallow and dwell in our recent past failures I much prefer to look for a brighter future. Besides, if all you expect is failure or even mediocrity, I can virtually guarantee that's highly likely what you'll settle for. We ARE better than that and will be again.