Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have not heard Bret Bielema's name mentioned in any coaching searches

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, December 01, 2017, 08:56:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

Has anyone heard of Bielema interviewing for any jobs or being contacted by any schools?  I have not.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

razorsharp94

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

RagingHawgOn

Can't remember where I read it, but one guy linked his name to Arizona State.

jgphillips3

I guess the Arkansas is a terrible job line didn't gain much traction.  He is either going to have to the TV route for a bit or pull a Charlie Strong and drop down to be a head coach.

DukeOfPork

Bret really should take the year off.  Enjoy the baby.  Lose some weight.  Do a little studio analysis.

Then get back into it next year.

BearsBisonsBoars

He's a good coach, just not SEC caliber. Or wasn't while he was here, at least.

I think he'd do well at Purdue if they lose Brohm, at Nebraska if they don't get Frost (they're gonna get Frost), or KStste (if Snyder wasn't grooming his boy to take over)

Athog

BearsBisonsBoars

NoogaHog

I read that he was down on the lists of Tennessee and Nebraska.

Interestingly, on the Tennessee message boards there is a big push to get Les Miles. Good luck with that. I hope that happens. I would fear him less than Leach.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

NuttinItUp

Maybe he can go to a non-Power 5 school like Kiffin/Strong/etc. did to repair his reputation. Win at a USF/UCF/FAU/etc. type of school and you can move back up again.

TNarch

Other than John L. Smith's season, BB has the worst conference W-L record since Otis Douglas in 50-52.  The teams that might be considering him are not the ones that make national news headlines.

livevanguy

If Leach takes the Tennessee job, I'd love to see him at WSU. It would only benefit me in reality. Hogs get a new coach, I can watch WSU games here in Pullman and not feel bad about the coach, and a genuinely nice guy can get back to work. (Note I did not say great coach) I just need to football world to listen to only me! :-)
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

HawgTrough

WPS

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on December 01, 2017, 08:56:34 am
Has anyone heard of Bielema interviewing for any jobs or being contacted by any schools?  I have not.

Yea, we were such bad guys for firing such a great coach and upstanding coach, I'm surprised there aren't any suitors.  Same with Long. 

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: HawgTrough on December 01, 2017, 10:11:14 am
he'll make more money staying home
I thought he got paid by us regardless of his future employment.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

DiamondHogFan

Seebs

He may be listed as a replacement for these coaches taking the good jobs. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Wildhog

Shocking that no one wants one of the worst head coaches in Arkansas history.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Sowlamander

farmhawg

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on December 01, 2017, 10:11:34 am
Yea, we were such bad guys for firing such a great coach and upstanding coach, I'm surprised there aren't any suitors.  Same with Long. 
Troof.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Cotton

His name might come up after the shake down of the weekend. Doubt any major program will look his way.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

HawgPound

He's probably not interested right now with the new baby. I wish the Bielema family the well.

LRHawg

Razorbackers

Quote from: DukeOfPork on December 01, 2017, 09:01:36 am
Bret really should take the year off.  Enjoy the baby.  Lose some weight.  Do a little studio analysis.

This exactly. There will be openings next year. He can get together his elevator pitch. He's a good coach. The SEC spits good coaches out all the time. This year along Sumlin, Bielema, and Jones got devoured.

EastexHawg

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on December 01, 2017, 10:11:34 am

I can't believe other programs aren't falling all over themselves to hire the Dynamic Duo. 

You know, the two men whose firings made Arkansas a "national laughingstock". Apparently everyone else is laughing at us too hard to hire them.

jkstock04

Quote from: Razorbackers on December 01, 2017, 11:07:52 am
This exactly. There will be openings next year. He can get together his elevator pitch. He's a good coach. The SEC spits good coaches out all the time. This year along Sumlin, Bielema, and Jones got devoured.
Lol ya man I'm sure he will be back in no time putting fear in the hearts of the college football world. Some of the stuff you guys come up with is out there.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Wildhog on December 01, 2017, 10:22:38 am
Shocking that no one wants one of the worst head coaches in Arkansas history.

He's still a good dude that does things right. Deserves a D1 job somewhere based on that fact alone. Regardless of W's and L's, he still needs to be involved somewhere helping young men grow up. Can't say that about all the previous guys that didn't make it here.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Wildhog

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on December 01, 2017, 11:34:13 am
He's still a good dude that does things right. Deserves a D1 job somewhere based on that fact alone. Regardless of W's and L's, he still needs to be involved somewhere helping young men grow up. Can't say that about all the previous guys that didn't make it here.

If he can find a program that doesn't care about winning, he'd be perfect.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Calling All Hogs

Billy Bats

It's not surprising.  He's a terrible coach.  Good dude though.  Not smart, but a good guy. 

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Wildhog on December 01, 2017, 11:35:00 am
If he can find a program that doesn't care about winning, he'd be perfect.

By "involved somewhere" I meant just that. Not leading.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

wachhog

A Y program somewhere?

twistitup

?

That's a joke, right? He's a good guy and deserves a D1 job?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jkstock04

Insanity. So someone should pay him millions not because he's worth a flip as a football coach but because you think he's a good guy and father figure. I mean are we talking about football programs or an after school behavioral guidance program?

I contend this mentality is why our football program has suffered so dearly.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

The Kig

He gets paid very well not to work for a while... not sure I would even put in for a new gig immediately.
Poker Porker

Tusks

hahahahahaha

but it won't be until after this weekend when schools looking for him open up.  like memphis.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Sooiepride

God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

farmhawg

Quote from: HawgPound on December 01, 2017, 10:42:51 am
He's probably not interested right now with the new baby. I wish the Bielema family the well.
He said he is earlier this week. Don't think it will happen.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

jmark

Quote from: HawgTrough on December 01, 2017, 10:11:14 am
he'll make more money staying home

i thought i saw on his "posted" termination letter that per his agreement, he had to seek employment. 
i thought i saw it in longs agreement also.

40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

Letsroll1200

Would make a good school teacher, counselor, social worker, or juvenile probation officer.

HawgTrough

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on December 01, 2017, 10:12:03 am
I thought he got paid by us regardless of his future employment.

I'm not 100% sure, but that termination letter mentioned him reasonably seeking employment
WPS

aloha_kid

Quote from: DukeOfPork on December 01, 2017, 09:01:36 am

Agreed. If I were him, I'd just hang out and enjoy life for a while.  Do some TV or radio jobs and relax.

moses_007

He will have made over $20 million here when it's all said and done, plus the millions he made at Wisconsin.  He probably won't coach again.  I know I wouldn't if I had that kind of money in the bank.

rljjr

Quote from: NoogaHog on December 01, 2017, 09:14:21 am
I read that he was down on the lists of Tennessee and Nebraska.

Interestingly, on the Tennessee message boards there is a big push to get Les Miles. Good luck with that. I hope that happens. I would fear him less than Leach.

How much further can Tenner go? I'm willing to watch that!

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc