Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post in this thread if you are having problems logging on Hogville

Started by Lanny, September 21, 2013, 07:55:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

Fearless working with no issues.

Try to access MMQ or DST from bookmarks in Firefox, get a search page from Suddenlink with suggested links.  Click on the links, can get to the site.

Close Firefox, restart it, go straight to MMQ or DST from the bookmarks, works fine.

IE is the same way.  Haven't tried Chrome...

Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.

razorbackkid

Error 319 on Internet explorer

Unable to connect on Firefox.

Shut down my computer and rebooted my modem and Hogville connected.  Was unable to connect to site for about an hour.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

jcharkansas

Hogville  is working on my phone but not on my laptop ( every other site is pulling up) the error message just says this page can't be displayed and then gives me 3 suggestions on how to trouble shoot it. That didn't work either so Idk what's wrong hopefully its not to hard of a fix.

RollTideHog

Augustus

Quote from: Lanny on September 21, 2013, 07:55:58 am
I need to know the error message you're getting. Include/attach screenshots if possible.

(Doug's edit, we actually do have your IP Address, so please don't post those for your safety)

When you guys have the issues logging in on hogville.net.  Go to www.fearlessfriday.com and see if you can login there.  I need to know

thanks,

Lanny,
About 1:00 a.m. this morning, I began noticing where home page would load fine, but clicking into Forums, the page wouldn't load correctly. Only text would load - no spacing, layout, tables (if you use them), ads, or images etc.

I didn't try another area of the site, but it was hit or miss for about 30 minutes... sometimes 'Forums' would load correctly, other times not.

About 1:30 a.m., I began getting the 404 errors that many others encountered. (My ISP is windstream - I know, I know)

To make sure it wasn't Firefox taking a dump, I tried IE... initially, the home page would load correctly, but encountered same issue with layout not loading correctly.

Also - got a weird message in IE... it asked for permission to allow site into 'local' security zone.  (Similar to the popup when on an intranet site, and it requesting to add site to 'intranet zone'). that was between 1:30 a.m. - 1:45 a.m. I believe. I wish I would've thought to screenshot

I closed out and tried IE & Firefox and tried again, after that got nothing but 404 errors. I was sure if y'all were doing maintenance.

Edit:  I did not check any of your other sites, but if I see issue again, I will

Pickwick Hog

Had problems via Firefox all morning long. No problems pulling up Fearless Friday.

I'm never closing my Hogville tab again.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Lanny on September 21, 2013, 12:32:14 pm
working on the problems,
be patient

I got 60 beers and 1/2 gallon of Jim Beam on a Saturday.  I ain't got nothing but patience.   ;D
We don't rent pigs

razorbackkid

Quote from: Lanny on September 21, 2013, 12:32:14 pm
working on the problems,
be patient
If you could stop the rain here in Lower Alabama for the next five hours I'd appreciate it.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Wayne Watson on September 21, 2013, 12:33:51 pm
I got 60 beers and 1/2 gallon of Jim Beam on a Saturday.  I ain't got nothing but patience.   ;D
I need directions to your location.  ;)

TDHawgs

Hi Lanny  just a quick note about it. When Hogville.net doesn't work it's actually showing up as another Public IP address. When I do a tracert www.hogville.net and the site is working it shows your ip is hogville.net [208.73.137.114], and it goes right to it. When the site is down the tracert never completes and stalls at an IP address of 69.16.190.10 which is owned by Highwinds - Network. But it shows your public IP address is  69.16.143.106. 

So to sum up, it looks like the DNS Servers are routing the site to different IP addresses, one of 69.16.143.106, which doesn't work and I assume isn't your sites IP address, and also 208.73.137.114 which I assume is your public IP address for the site, and it works when the DNS servers route it to that one. One thing that will cause this is if you recently changed servers and IP address, so the site hasn't completely propagated to all the DNS servers of the world.  If that's not the case, then not sure why it's changing, but it is. Hope this helps. I'm a network administrator btw.

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

HVHog

jmb1973

Seems as though I'mhaving the same problems as most in this thread. IMO you should just yell at Douglas repeatedly until It gets fixed.

j/k

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

Hawgfan27

TexHog188

Mainly DNS lookup errors. Website not found.  Multiple browsers and devices, wired and 3G networks.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

razorbackkid

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: TexHog188 on September 21, 2013, 12:52:17 pm
Mainly DNS lookup errors. Website not found.  Multiple browsers and devices, wired and 3G networks.
Same here.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

TDHawgs

It will normally take 24-48 hours to resolve the DNS if the website has moved to another server or IP address. Also have to make sure the A records and NS records have been entered correctly to coincide with the move.

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

razorbackkid

Quote from: Wayne Watson on September 21, 2013, 12:59:10 pm
It supposed to be Lat./Long. for Leesburg Ave, Springdale.
I'm gonna need some volunteers to go up into space and fix my satellite....or stay here on earth and balance out this danged earth wobble.  :)

Junkyard Hog

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on September 21, 2013, 01:02:16 pm
Mine says server not found.

^^^This^^^ with mine too.

I'm using safari on my iPad and it'll be working fine for a while then all the sudden I'm kicked off with it saying it can't find the server and stays that way for 20-30.

It's weird though cause it will still pull up the homepage but not individual forums.

Hope that helps.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Hogs7672

Oops! Google Chrome could not find www.hogville.net

Try reloading the page

Received this a few minutes ago. Off for about 20 minutes.

razorbackkid

Just had same issues again....rebooted twice....found server this time.

ChromDome35

I just go the not found error via chrome.  Fearless Friday came up fine.

razorbackkid

Happened again...this time....all it said was "this site not available".

rhog1

Cannot get Hogville to load at all on my desktop on Firefox or Chrome now. Loads fine on Firefox on my tablet.