Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post in this thread if you are having problems logging on Hogville

Started by Lanny, September 21, 2013, 07:55:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

I need to know the error message you're getting. Include/attach screenshots if possible.

(Doug's edit, we actually do have your IP Address, so please don't post those for your safety)

When you guys have the issues logging in on hogville.net.  Go to www.fearlessfriday.com and see if you can login there.  I need to know

thanks,
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

MuckyPig

Kept taking me to an error page saying domain not found

problem persisted for about 20 minutes.

Tried logging on with Mozilla Firefox and everything worked but went back and checked, now it works on Internet Explorer as well.

Thx Lanny

grayhawg

This is the error report I get.

http://finder.cox.net/main?InterceptSource=0&ClientLocation=us&ParticipantID=96e687opkbv4scrood8k84drs6gw5duf&FailureMode=1&SearchQuery=&FailedURI=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hogville.net%2Fyabbse%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Dunread&AddInType=4&Version=2.1.8-1.90base&Referer=&Implementation=0

hogman78

Quote from: grayhawg on September 21, 2013, 08:18:05 am
This is the error report I get.

http://finder.cox.net/main?InterceptSource=0&ClientLocation=us&ParticipantID=96e687opkbv4scrood8k84drs6gw5duf&FailureMode=1&SearchQuery=&FailedURI=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hogville.net%2Fyabbse%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Dunread&AddInType=4&Version=2.1.8-1.90base&Referer=&Implementation=0

Same error here

Lanny

Al Bundy

MuckyPig

Same message only different provider.  I think mine was MediaCom.

grayhawg

Quote from: Lanny on September 21, 2013, 08:23:27 am
How long are you offline when this happens?
Sometimes 15 to 20 minutes last night I was off line about 45 minutes.

hogman78

Quote from: Lanny on September 21, 2013, 08:23:27 am
How long are you offline when this happens?

The problem doesn't happen every time and varies in duration (2-20 minutes).

Porked Tongue

Same message for me too with a different provider.  It only occurs for a few seconds.  Happened last night and just now.

I don't know if it's the reason, but I have disconnected from my wireless and reconnected and then I got in.

rjhog

I have an iPad.  When I try to load hogville I get the twc (time Warner cable) search page and cannot load hogville from their either.  Just kept entering website and it finally loaded.

Lanny

Quote from: Porked Tongue on September 21, 2013, 08:40:53 am
Same message for me too with a different provider.  It only occurs for a few seconds.  Happened last night and just now.

I don't know if it's the reason, but I have disconnected from my wireless and reconnected and then I got in.
It's not on your end.  We are trouble shooting now.  Keep posting the error messages and time delays

Al Bundy

Lanny

When you guys have the issues logging in on hogville.net.  Go to www.fearlessfriday.com and see if you can login there.  I need to know

thanks,

Al Bundy

hogman78

I occasionally get the same error when I am already on the site as well. I have typed out a post and when I hit post it goes to the error screen. I tried using the Hogville ap and have experienced the same issues also.

The Boar War

Sorry, the website www.hogville.net cannot be found

It ranges from one or two tries to 30minutes - hour

Porkys Revenge

Bubba's Bruisers

It's been intermittent with me for the last day or 2.  When it happens again, I'll make it a point to recall the message.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: Lanny on September 21, 2013, 08:47:43 am

thanks,

I can get on FF, although there were times the last two days both were down, but this morning it is just HV. I can go to Hogville.Net and get the home page, but when I click on forums, it goes to a page redirect and says either down, or check my connection.

wupigsuey

I was on last night and right at 10PM it went down. I assumed Douglas was still adjusting since it was on the hour. Couldn't get on with the app either. 
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

grayhawg

JeremyC

I get the below error on any page other than the base URL of http://hogville.net.  There seems to be an issue with any context paths added onto the main base path.  The times seem intermittent from a few minutes to an hour or so and browser used is not a factor.  ISPs also do not seem to be a factor as I've tried 3 different ISPs with the same result.

This webpage is not available.

Reload
The proxy was unable to resolve the server's DNS address.

Porked Tongue

Most of what everyone is saying is what's happening to me for the past 36 hours.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Hogtropolis™

joeyself

Same message as others, through Cox.  It happened this morning around 12:30.  A few minutes later, I tried again and got in.  Didn't think much about it, since it was a temporary thing.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

Lanny

Al Bundy

pigture perfect

I didn't have a problem getting on Fearless Friday, but did have the common issue when trying to do Hogville last evening. Obviously no problem yet this morning.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: rjhog on September 21, 2013, 08:43:35 am
I have an iPad.  When I try to load hogville I get the twc (time Warner cable) search page and cannot load hogville from their either.  Just kept entering website and it finally loaded.

I get the same this as this only it is from Charter Communications.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

RollTideHog

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 21, 2013, 09:38:54 am
Cox cable message just came up saying Hogville.net could not be found.

Continue to get this message this morning when refreshing or trying to go to another forum.  Sometimes i get thru, sometimes I don't.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 21, 2013, 09:52:52 am
Continue to get this message this morning when refreshing or trying to go to another forum.  Sometimes i get thru, sometimes I don't.

Ditto
Go Hogs Go!

Hawgfan27

Won't load hogville in safari. Like says hogville doesn't exist. I can load the app

z-pak

Gentle Ben...sad

The hairy one can kiss my chicken skin.

Rzback

First time I've been able to get on since I got up this morning
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

hogansas

I have had different messages.  I got a "domain not found" message.  And I have also gotten a Centurylink search page that has several Hogville links, but will not open any.  That's after typing the address directly into the bar - not doing a search.
"You can't trust every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln.

grayhawg

Don't know if this will help but the last time it went off I had just refreshed the page and there were no outside columns on either side, no hog on the left side and the last person to post on the right side.

hogman78

Same thing again for a minute or so. Gridiron History opened fine, so I checked Hogville again and the same error popped up.

Lanny

Quote from: hogman78 on September 21, 2013, 10:25:41 am
Same thing again for a minute or so. Gridiron History opened fine, so I checked Hogville again and the same error popped up.
check FearlessFriday.com when you have problems with Hogville.net

Al Bundy

hogman78

Quote from: Lanny on September 21, 2013, 10:34:24 am
check FearlessFriday.com when you have problems with Hogville.net

Just got the error again. Fearless Friday pulled up using the sister site link at the top of the page, but I continued to get the error message when trying to click any link pertaining to Hogville.

The Divine Swine

Quote from: Lanny on September 21, 2013, 07:55:58 am
I need to know the error message you're getting. Include/attach screenshots if possible.

(Doug's edit, we actually do have your IP Address, so please don't post those for your safety)

thanks,

Currently on my laptop and able to post and peruse the site no problems, but on my phone I can access the site and see the forum, but when I try to click on a topic it says the site is temporarily down or has been permanently moved.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

hogman78

Is there anything I can do to fix this thread? The text is so small I can barely read it, and the page continues to look like it's not fully loaded. All the other threads look normal.

Prosciutto

Quote from: The Boar War on September 21, 2013, 08:48:36 am
Sorry, the website www.hogville.net cannot be found

It ranges from one or two tries to 30minutes - hour

Same message here.  I have tried to log in several times since yesterday at noon.  This is the first time it let me.

rhog1

Hogville just came back for me. Not sure how long it was gone. Less than an hour probably. I could still get on Fearless Friday. No error message just straight to my providers search guide like the website didn't exist.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ViloniaHog

This error message displayed on both Google Chrome and Explorer 10---------- "Sorry, the website www.hogville.net cannot be found" .  ISP Windstream.   I flushed DNS and problem resolved.  Easy to do.  Do a yahoo search and you can get step by step instructions. 

rljjr

Tried to send this note moments ago when i finally got on but was redirected to DNSresearch.com by TWC.
It said Domain Not Found
Lasted from 0100 to 1030 and then happened again when I hit send on my note. Fearless Friday seems to be working fine.

Beantown Razahback

Just got in for the first time in 24 hours...I get the default "cannot find Hogville.net" message from Cox.

grayhawg

The last time HV went off I got on fearless friday and gridiron history both.

Razorback Ranger

Quote from: Beantown Razahback on September 21, 2013, 11:07:35 am
Just got in for the first time in 24 hours...I get the default "cannot find Hogville.net" message from Cox.

Been having a problem all day until about 1030 local. Same issue but the message was from OpenDNS.

SPAL

Cox domain not found.  Refreshing 7 iir 8 times usually solves it.