Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee meeting this afternoon on Butch...

Started by BR, October 29, 2017, 03:01:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Bob Slydell on October 30, 2017, 01:13:21 pm
One of the biggest criticisms of Bielema when he first came was that he had never built a program only maintained what someone else built.  Doesn't it give anyone pause that Norvell would basically fall into the same category?

I think most have made that connection, but they're willing to take that risk for the home run.  The coaching community is effusive in his praise, and he comes across as having the energy to build something (unlike the current perception of Bielema). 

Hogs-n-Roses

Why are you guys so sure there's gonna be a coaching opening?

HamIAm

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 30, 2017, 08:10:15 pm
Why are you guys so sure there's gonna be a coaching opening?

Because they said so and they are never wrong

BR

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-football-vols-john-currie-10-30-17

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee athletic director John Currie broke his silence on Monday night, sharing his assessment of the Vols' football program and his position on coach Butch Jones' job security.

Tennessee's first-year AD, appearing on the Big Orange Hotline, said the best thing he can do right now is support Jones and the players.

"Coach Jones and I have built a really strong relationship," Currie said. "We've worked really hard to be supportive of each other."

Tennessee officials discussed Jones short-term future on Sunday, and Currie met with Jones at the football building.

"You have to make decisions you truly believe are best for your program, and I believe that supporting our staff and supporting our players getting ready for the Southern Miss game is the best thing I can do for our football program right now."
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Been10Hog

Quote from: Dropkick on October 30, 2017, 02:11:02 pm
Missouri, Ole Miss and Miss State (if Mullen leaves) are not gonna be ahead of us in the pecking order. Auburn, Florida, A&M would and Tennessee might.
So if you're right and I'm wrong; by your math: Auburn, Florida, A&M and Tennessee get choices 1,2,3 and 4 and we get 5th best. Again, not counting job openings outside the SEC! Not the way I would want to get a prom date!!

Dropkick

Quote from: Been10Hog on October 31, 2017, 08:12:04 am
So if you're right and I'm wrong; by your math: Auburn, Florida, A&M and Tennessee get choices 1,2,3 and 4 and we get 5th best. Again, not counting job openings outside the SEC! Not the way I would want to get a prom date!!
.....and that would put Gus and Sumlin in the pool of those available. I made a list of coaches I wouldn't mind switching to and it isn't a short list. There are gonna be plenty of excellent candidates available.

BR

BR

Various Twitter sites:  Jimmy Sexton has been pursuing a landing spot for Butch Jones & floating his name for the past 4 weeks, Buyout is settled.  #Vols

hog.goblin

Quote from: BR on October 31, 2017, 03:24:03 pm
New Odd's on Tenn Coach

The Vols are going to love it when they see Jim Bob Cooter introduced!

Vantage 8 dude

Gosh, that either must be the LONGEST meeting in history or they're keeping things very tight-lipped. Either way I haven't seen any official change in his status. However, that obviously doesn't mean things aren't a cookin' in the back.