Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One thing BB leaving would do

Started by hogsanity, September 17, 2017, 10:11:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

is provide weeks of entertainment watching the board track planes, analyze Gruden's ties, quote friends of friends og their mechanics, and all the sightings of Pete Carroll in Fayetteville.

BTW, if they do not go at least 5-7 i think we will be seeing all those things.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BigE_23

Quote from: hogsanity on September 17, 2017, 10:11:25 pm
is provide weeks of entertainment watching the board track planes, analyze Gruden's ties, quote friends of friends og their mechanics, and all the sightings of Pete Carroll in Fayetteville.

Coaching searches are fun on Hogville!

The other thing we'll see is just how much "insider information" actually exists on this board...which is not that much.

bphi11ips

Keep hoping.  I think you're going to be disappointed. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

radar

Coaching searches are definitely fun, but having an athletic director search first would be borderline erotic.

3kgthog

Go 4-8 or 5-7 and I suspect some folks more powerful than Joe Fan will start making some calls.

ke2743

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 17, 2017, 10:31:20 pm
Go 4-8 or 5-7 and I suspect some folks more powerful than Joe Fan will start making some calls.

I would almost bet, calls have already been made to gauge interest. 

Smalltownhog95

I joined hogville just after petrino was fired. It was definitely fun looking at all the off the wall coach sightings. You'd think Fayetteville had a convention for famous and or retired NFL coaches
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

HoginIllinois

"Coach X's wife was in Fayetteville looking at houses."
"Coach Z has ties to the area."
"Rich booster A is going to pay Coach C's buyout."
"Coach G is waiting for the UY job to come open."
"An agreement in principal with Coach R has been reached but they're waiting until after the bowl game to announce it."
As mentioned before "Coach F was seen on the UA campus yesterday"

bphi11ips

Quote from: HoginIllinois on September 18, 2017, 07:26:05 am
"Coach X's wife was in Fayetteville looking at houses."
"Coach Z has ties to the area."
"Rich booster A is going to pay Coach C's buyout."
"Coach G is waiting for the UY job to come open."
"An agreement in principal with Coach R has been reached but they're waiting until after the bowl game to announce it."
As mentioned before "Coach F was seen on the UA campus yesterday"

Tail numbers

Oklahawg

Even the most successful and content coach is aware of what is happening in the coaching world around them. That CBB is aware that Nebraska is struggling, as an off-the-top example, should not be a surprise, nor a sign that he is looking to leave.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

The other part of the coaching search "fun" on HV is the reality that UA is not a Top 5 destination. The talk will focus on Chip Kelly, when we would appear to be way out of our league with that.

Funny thing: we were thought to be "way out of our league" when we snagged CBB.

Watch what you wish for.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

bphi11ips

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 18, 2017, 07:58:49 am
Even the most successful and content coach is aware of what is happening in the coaching world around them. That CBB is aware that Nebraska is struggling, as an off-the-top example, should not be a surprise, nor a sign that he is looking to leave.

Huh?

rzrbk4life

Definitely provides some entertainment
Let's call those hogs!!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 17, 2017, 10:16:32 pm
Keep hoping.  I think you're going to be disappointed. 

What am I supposedly hoping for?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bphi11ips

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 18, 2017, 08:00:33 am
The other part of the coaching search "fun" on HV is the reality that UA is not a Top 5 destination. The talk will focus on Chip Kelly, when we would appear to be way out of our league with that.

Watch what you wish for.

Has anyone ever really thought that Arkansas is a Top 5 destination?  Have never seen you as one to enjoy a pity party.

You don't have to be a Top 5 destination to get one of the Top 5 available coaches, just one of the Top 5 destinations looking for a coach.  Arkansas is not going to lure Nick Saban away from Alabama.  Nor is Dabo Swinney or Urban Meyer headed to Fayetteville any time soon.  Chip Kelly?  Who knows?  Oregon was on par with pre-Snyder Kansas State before Mike Belotti (with a self-serving assist from Phil Knight) came along in the late-90's and built the platform the enabled Kelly to build his unique hurry-up, zone read offense, the same "high school" offense so many here find offensive.

The issue isn't ripe now anyway.  Arkansas came out flat for one game against a very good team and still had a chance to win late in the fourth quarter.  There's no reason after two games to even have this discussion.  We may very well go into Tuscaloosa 4-1 and 2-0 in the conference.  The Razorbacks are full of talent in the two-deep and the season is just getting started. 

bphi11ips

hogsanity

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 18, 2017, 08:22:29 am
Why did you start this thread?

Because all the stuff posted here during coaching searches is hilarious.

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on September 18, 2017, 08:24:59 am
Because all the stuff posted here during coaching searches is hilarious.

Is that why you are hoping for one?

AirWarren

Yup. So fun until we land another Stan heath, pelphrey, or JLS.

hogsanity

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 18, 2017, 09:26:00 am
Is that why you are hoping for one?

Awesome, now I have been accused of wanting BB fired and of wanting to keep him and being a defeatist.

Torqued pork

One other thing we could count on is reading post after post from the same handful of Hogvillians who never seem to feel we should expect better than what we're getting and the appeal of the Arkansas job will be downplayed with any suggestion for a new coach.

The NewEra

I'm convinced that no matter who a new coach might be, half the posters will be unhappy with that choice and this infighting by the fan base will start all over again. 

Tusks

Quote from: radar on September 17, 2017, 10:30:50 pm
Coaching searches are definitely fun, but having an athletic director search first would be borderline erotic.

oh oh oh oh oh oh ohohohohoh
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

sickboy

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 18, 2017, 07:58:49 am

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on September 18, 2017, 10:23:24 am
Awesome, now I have been accused of wanting BB fired and of wanting to keep him and being a defeatist.

You started this thread and now you want to complain about being seen as looking forward to a 5-7 season, the impending coaching search, and feeling superior to the Hogville minions?  Maybe that's where you derive your sense of self-worth. 

hogsanity

Quote from: The NewEra on September 18, 2017, 10:36:17 am
I'm convinced that no matter who a new coach might be, half the posters will be unhappy with that choice and this infighting by the fan base will start all over again. 

there is no in fighting in the fan base. There are a handful of posters and radio callers who actually think what they say matters. I know what I say does not amount to a hill of beans with anyone who actually has the power to make changes, it is just fun gigging those who think what they say does hold sway.

Bigmac2

I think HV is entertaining right now. Not sure if it can get any more entertaining.

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on September 18, 2017, 10:45:41 am
I know what I say does not amount to a hill of beans

Then why do you have over 41,000 posts?

bkjbearcat

If Hogs get a new HC this season you better get him quick. Tenn, Missouri, Texas A&M might all be looking for a new coach by season's end. Then add teams like Nebraska, Arizona and Arizona St. Kansas State or Iowa could be in the mix too if Snyder and Ferentz call it quits. Will be an interesting off season for sure.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Pigsknuckles

The best part of a coaching search is the inevitable selection of an individual whose name has not once come up in Hogville discussion.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: bkjbearcat on September 18, 2017, 11:07:53 am
If Hogs get a new HC this season you better get him quick. Tenn, Missouri, Texas A&M might all be looking for a new coach by season's end. Then add teams like Nebraska, Arizona and Arizona St. Kansas State or Iowa could be in the mix too if Snyder and Ferentz call it quits. Will be an interesting off season for sure.

The top coaches won't commit to us early if they know they have a chance to get Tenn, TAMU, Nebraska, or Fla. They'll bait us, use us to get a bigger salary, and leave us hanging.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

jmark

40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

TebowHater

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on September 18, 2017, 01:28:05 pm
The best part of a coaching search is the inevitable selection of an individual whose name has not once come up in Hogville discussion.

Yep just like CBB. And subsequently, all the assistants CBB has hired after his first staff.

Oklahawg

Quote from: TebowHater on September 18, 2017, 09:47:51 pm
Yep just like CBB. And subsequently, all the assistants CBB has hired after his first staff.

If you didn't know Paul Rhoads or Dan Enos prior to their hiring you weren't paying attention.

Oklahawg

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 18, 2017, 08:00:35 am
Huh?

1. Coaches are aware of openings in the profession. They know when someone is looking to leave or retire.
2. A move to a school like Nebraska would not surprise me, even if CBB goes 10-2. I would have thought that at any time during the past several years, beginning with the 3-9  off-season.

Sorry for being so obtuse.

Tortfeasor

And how did those "fans" that wanted Beamer fired feel after year 7 of his tenure?

Bubba's Bruisers

Watch what you wish for.

"we" as in Hog fans thought BB was out of our league when we hired him?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

swineology

We can revisit this thread in Jan. 2019

CBB isn't going anywhere until then

Hawgboy64

I wouldn't mind a coaching search as Long as Jeff isn't around to do it...
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

MJ2

Quote from: swineology on September 18, 2017, 10:50:53 pm

We can revisit this thread in Jan. 2019

CBB isn't going anywhere until then

Don't be a Debbie Downer!  It could happen.

hogsanity

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 18, 2017, 10:58:07 am
Then why do you have over 41,000 posts?

It's not that many when you consider I have been a member here for almost 14 years. It's only about 5 or 6 a day. And when you think about what went on during that time, it is really not that many at all.

hogsanity

Quote from: Bigmac2 on September 18, 2017, 10:48:20 am
I think HV is entertaining right now. Not sure if it can get any more entertaining.

you ever been here during a coaching search? It is epic.

AFBack

Nebraska plane at Drake. Gruden at Powerhouse. Coaching search posts are great!!!

gchamblee

Watch what you wish for.

If / When all of this happens, I just hope the vocal minority do not contaminate the process. I really don't care how the last 2 football coaches were hired. I was impressed with both of them and would like for the man that hired them to find the next one as well.

rhames

Wouldn't it be ironic if he went 10-2, gets offered Nebraska, and stays hahahaha.

TIME IS A FLAT CIRCLE ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

gchamblee

Quote from: Hawgboy64 on September 19, 2017, 09:39:20 am
I wouldn't mind a coaching search as Long as Jeff isn't around to do it...

Yep. The man who hired CBP and CBB, both of which were solid hires, should not hire that next one. That makes perfect sense :)

PonderinHog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 19, 2017, 11:25:09 am
Yep. The man who hired CBP and CBB, both of which were solid hires, should not hire that next one. That makes perfect sense :)
Yeah, except for that JLS and Jimmy Dykes thingy...   ;)

Hawgboy64

Quote from: gchamblee on September 19, 2017, 11:25:09 am
You forgot J L Smith, and how did your solid hires work out? Looks like 2 losers and a D-bag. At least Bobby was fun while it lasted.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

phadedhawg

Quote from: Hawgboy64 on September 19, 2017, 11:33:40 am
You forgot J L Smith, and how did your solid hires work out? Looks like 2 losers and a D-bag. At least Bobby was fun while it lasted.

I always figured the J L Smith hire was down to the time of year we were doing a coaching search.  Granted, I think about anyone on the planet could have done a better job than that man, I still doubt we would have lured someone to campus in April that would have made much difference.   

gchamblee

Quote from: Hawgboy64 on September 19, 2017, 11:33:40 am

JLS was a temp hire at a time of year where nobody was hiring coaches. Holding the JLS hire against him is what I would do if I wanted to blur the reality of a mans coaching hires for the sake of justifying my opinion. CBP was a winner and CBB is nothing to be ashamed of. He is a solid coach and has done a lot of good for us even though he is short on wins. People that call him a POS simply because he doesn't win enough are not the type of people that shape my opinions, on anything.