Will HY do away w Front Facing Hog?

Started by twistitup, January 27, 2018, 04:00:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Will HY get rid of Front Facing Hog?

Yes
No
FP

Pork Twain

Doing away with another option that many fans like, is dumb.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

DoctorSusscrofa

Unfortunately I will not be able to unremember the forward facing hog no matter what he does.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

ricepig

Hopefully they make the FFH in anthracite as our logo.

PorkBilly

Quote from: twistitup on January 27, 2018, 04:00:58 pm
I say his days are numbered...only place we will see him is on faded tattoos in the future...
There are a whole lot of things relative to Razorback sports that get priority over this. Frankly, I like the "HOG HUNTIN" in (name the state) associated with cruitin' . I think Morris and staff have got a fantastic sense of what impresses high school and junior college football players. Let's let them worry about the marketing...unless they decide everyone should wear landshsrk pajamas to the games.

Rocket23

I refuse to buy anything or wear anything with the FFH on it.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2018, 03:17:28 pm
Hopefully they make the FFH in anthracite as our logo.

...and Maybe they'll make the "wolf Hog call"as the official way to call the Hogs, while they are at it. 😉
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Pigasaurus

Quote from: jmark on January 27, 2018, 08:27:29 pm
i don't like and i will not purchase the front facing hog.  looks terrible.
FFH future will be decided by  $$$. Good post.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

tlmack

I was in Little Rock in December and went to Hogman's Gameday Store on JFK ,I asked the clerk if the FFH was a popular item and she told me that most younger people (20's and 30's) loved it.She asked if I did and I said no. She also stated that some of the older Hog fans liked it and even she was surprised at that.

HoggyCat

I thought I read where the FFH is a Nike deal??
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Bebop

I hate the front facing hog. There is no need to add to the iconic Hog brand. We have a very distinct, classic label that makes us recognized throughout the land. Why change it so that we become like many other schools?

GuvHog

Quote from: tlmack on January 28, 2018, 07:51:12 pm
I was in Little Rock in December and went to Hogman's Gameday Store on JFK ,I asked the clerk if the FFH was a popular item and she told me that most younger people (20's and 30's) loved it.She asked if I did and I said no. She also stated that some of the older Hog fans liked it and even she was surprised at that.

Why are you surprised?? I, myself like it as a secondary LOGO but it will never replace the iconic Running Hog and was never meant to do that. It's very popular as a secondary LOGO. The main LOGO will always be the Running Hog.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

twistitup

Quote from: GuvHog on January 29, 2018, 05:43:55 am
Why are you surprised?? I, myself like it as a secondary LOGO but it will never replace the iconic Running Hog and was never meant to do that. It's very popular as a secondary LOGO. The main LOGO will always be the Running Hog.

It's a BRAND. The Razorback is our BRAND

Get rid of that wolf thing and go with a streamlined BRAND that has been recognizable for YEARS

Let's not water down our BRAND in order to appease Nike

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: twistitup on January 29, 2018, 06:46:01 am

Get rid of that wolf thing and go with a streamlined BRAND that has been recognizable for YEARS

I'm not sure what you mean by "watering down" our brand by using FFH as a secondary logo.

I thought about this the other day though before this thread even came up. Jalen Barford wore a white warm up hoodie before the game vs Ok St. it displayed a large FFH that cover most of the top right chest area. I thought it looked awesome. Then I realized that our current running logo must be tough on marketing sometimes cuz it's very wide. There's no way that they could've used the regular logo with that concept. Cuz it inevitably would've ended up going all the way across the chest and the snout would've ended up deep in his armpit. The FFH allows the UofA to do stuff a little different sometimes...and that's ok. I don't want to become the next Oregon, but there's nothing wrong with ADDING to the brand. And ADDING a secondary logo, is not watering down the brand. It enhances it imo.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

DeltaBoy

Bottom Right will always be my favorite.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Busta_Nutt

The FFH was a product of Nike. They, and other apparel companies, have done this with several schools that had no secondary logo over the past few years. UK and UGA come to mind in the SEC.

The_Iceman

The front facing Hog has a purpose in situations where you need a vertical logo. The traditional hog doesn't always fit in certain advertisements, marketing, and apparel.

rljjr

Quote from: jmark on January 27, 2018, 08:27:29 pm
i don't like and i will not purchase the front facing hog.  looks terrible.

Agreed. However, while I still would never buy it, if they just removed the lower lip it would look tons better.

rljjr

While we're at it, I want the real Razorback logo to be drawn a little meaner with some minor black line work. Oh, and I want him running left AND right. Geez. What is wrong with a Razorback running in both directions?

GuvHog

Quote from: twistitup on January 29, 2018, 06:46:01 am

It looks absolutely nothing like the Red Wolf Logo. Saying that it does is just plan silly.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 27, 2018, 08:01:41 pm
I honestly don't understand the angst toward it. Within the realm of secondary logos, it's not bad at all. I feel as though some just hate it cuz it was a BB thing and those people hated everything he did. We need to quit going crazy over a logo that looks good and is secondary to our main one. It's not like it's getting splattered on our basketball court.

I bet if BB put the slobbering Hog on the basketball court, many would hate it just cuz it came from him.

It's ugly, and it looks like a damn anime version of a damn Disney character. Period, and I don't care if sir Joseph Franklin Broyels hisself carved it out of stone using the power of 1000 hog calls... IT's U G L Y..!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: rljjr on January 29, 2018, 11:49:23 am
While we're at it, I want the real Razorback logo to be drawn a little meaner with some minor black line work. Oh, and I want him running left AND right. Geez. What is wrong with a Razorback running in both directions?

It does run both left and right on our football helmets. Look at the helmet with the face mask on the right and the Hog is running to the right. Now turn the helmet around with the face mask on the left, and the Hog is running left. 😀

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: GuvHog on January 29, 2018, 01:22:17 pm
It looks absolutely nothing like the Red Wolf Logo. Saying that it does is just plan silly.

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

twistitup

Quote from: GuvHog on January 29, 2018, 01:22:17 pm

Guv...even you can't deny the resemblance

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on January 29, 2018, 05:40:00 pm
Guv...even you can't deny the resemblance

Yes, they both have red on them and are front facing.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 29, 2018, 08:26:56 am

Bottom Right will always be my favorite.

What was that era, because that is what I always think of as the real hog logo. It's my favorite too.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on January 29, 2018, 05:41:41 pm

You forgot to log out and log back in as Guv

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on January 29, 2018, 05:46:29 pm

That's way below the belt, just see if I send up any Grey Poupon's to the West upper deck next season for your hotdog.....

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on January 29, 2018, 06:00:57 pm
That's way below the belt, just see if I send up any Grey Poupon's to the West upper deck next season for your hotdog.....

When the wind is blowing just right, I can smell what you guys are cooking. Sometimes, I just sit there and suck on mustard packets and dream of a hotdog.....sold out before half.

I hear HY is a big supporter of the Upper West....things are about to improve. Cold water and everything!!

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

(notOM)Rebel123

Oh man....that was cruel, Twist. But I did chuckle when I first read it.  :)

Boardon Hamsay

I'm holding out hope for the war damn Mockingbird unis.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

gchamblee

Quote from: hogginbama on January 27, 2018, 08:19:55 pm
Nike, but of course everyone here blames Long and BB since that makes them feel good and manly when they lay in bed at night next to their cousins.

The idiots think Long had something to do with the switch from coke to pepsi too lol.

gchamblee

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 27, 2018, 08:34:58 pm
having attention to detail is not a bad thing.  in fact, lack of attention to detail is what let that abomination of a logo out into the public realm.  It would have been okay without the lower lip.   but as is it looks like a cow. and why is the nose all squished.  I mean common, these guys are supposed to be graphic artists.  they get paid plenty of money to come up with good logos.  no need to accept such sloppy work.

it looks nothing like a cow lol. those are tusks in its mouth, not horns on its head. good lord you are really reaching if the lower lip is your complaint.

gchamblee

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 29, 2018, 05:41:41 pm

Totally different shades of red. The only thing they have in common is both are front facing.

GuvHog

Very funny but I'm not ricepig. He lives in NEA and I live in Southeast Arkansas.

GuvHog

Busta_Nutt

goodguytex

I'm not a fan of worf hog. My favorite cap does have a small one on the back. I just try to ignore it. Just looks like whoever designed it could've done better.

StanHog

Quote from: twistitup on January 27, 2018, 04:00:58 pm
I say his days are numbered...only place we will see him is on faded tattoos in the future...
Bert thought it make himself look thinner!!