Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moody to Bama

Started by Kevin, January 08, 2018, 10:29:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ThisTeetsTaken

Coming in for another visit.  What's the Hogville rundown on him?  Need him?  Talented?   Another LB. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

imtad16

late qualifier so programs hesitated to offer. I heard RD say he believes he would have a ton of offers if his academics weren't ever in doubt. His 247 profile says he has a visit to Bama scheduled for Feb 2, but no offer from them as of yet.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaylen-Moody-46048861

imtad16

Looks like coach Stepp is headed out to hit SC and probably see him pre visit so the time and effort on him seems to say we want him fairly bad.

colbs

He's visiting Alabama next week so he appears better than his stars show.

King Kong

Kid's HUDL is worth watching if you like big hits. Fast kid

Hoggish1

Quote from: King Kong on January 26, 2018, 12:14:10 pm
Kid's HUDL is worth watching if you like big hits. Fast kid

Are there some that don't like fast kids that hit big? 

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 26, 2018, 12:29:32 pm

Opponent's running backs?
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

SooieGeneris

Not if they don't have 4-5 stars by their name... Silly isn'y it?
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

jgphillips3

Fast LB that hits?  Take him if you can get him. 

ballinhog

Highlight videos can be very deceiving but every single time Moody creates contact on his video there's a nastiness to it. He and Parker are exactly what we need at linebacker.

If we keep Parker and get Moody, along with Goodrich and Foucha in the back end, and can flip Wilson from A&M, would this be the most talented group we have ever signed on defense?

Highway Hog Sign

FWIW, Biddy seemed to say on DTS yesterday that Moody is a backup in case Parker flips. Moving to 4-3, we need fewer LBs than if we stayed in 3-4.
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I've heard a couple of running backs say things...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on January 27, 2018, 08:51:43 am
FWIW, Biddy seemed to say on DTS yesterday that Moody is a backup in case Parker flips. Moving to 4-3, we need fewer LBs than if we stayed in 3-4.
Thats kinda what i was thinking. Didn't really see us taking both, but would be happy with either.

jgphillips3

For all the people fussing about fans focus on the offense during the coaching search, seems like we got a staff that has identified defensive deficiencies and is going about remedying the situation.

kennypig

I wonder if CCM has looked at our returning LB group and thinks we need more size with speed. So we may need to add more than one. (?). I thought last year our weakness on defense was LB's, then safety, then CB. It looks like he tends to look at CB's & safeties that are at least 6' tall with speed. Speed is the key to all positions.

texas tush hog

I've been saying Parker is shaky from the time he visited.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: kennypig on January 27, 2018, 08:31:46 pm
I wonder if CCM has looked at our returning LB group and thinks we need more size with speed. So we may need to add more than one. (?). I thought last year our weakness on defense was LB's, then safety, then CB. It looks like he tends to look at CB's & safeties that are at least 6' tall with speed. Speed is the key to all positions.
Safety is our biggest weakness and it's not even close, now the freshman and sophomore at OLB should have been playing over a certain SR OLB last season, which was manned mostly by Richardson the last half of the season in a kind of hybrid role. I think we already have untapped potential at LB on the roster, but I can't say I wouldn't take any of these guys they are recruiting at LB.

jackflash

I can see Morris taken both Parker and  Moody need speed on defense for awhile

tophawg19

i think morris thinks he has plenty to work with on offense but wants help on defense although the o-line needs some bodies
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

aloha_kid

CCM said he wants to be multiple on defense.  What exactly does that mean?  I assume it means 3 -4 and 4 - 3 based on situations.  Is this correct?

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: aloha_kid on January 29, 2018, 12:23:50 pm
CCM said he wants to be multiple on defense.  What exactly does that mean?  I assume it means 3 -4 and 4 - 3 based on situations.  Is this correct?
Correct.

JayHog

Yeah, Bielema. He just likes good kids that do things the right way and get degrees

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: JayHog on January 29, 2018, 12:42:41 pm
Yeah, Bielema. He just likes good kids that do things the right way and get degrees
Nothing wrong with that either. We just need to find players that can do both

aloha_kid

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 29, 2018, 12:34:02 pm
Correct.

So, in multiple you can never have enough LBs and DL ;)  So 3-4 or 4-3 shouldn't matter.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: aloha_kid on January 29, 2018, 05:16:10 pm
So, in multiple you can never have enough LBs and DL ;)  So 3-4 or 4-3 shouldn't matter.
True. But if you get athletics DEs with speed, they can line up at DE on 4-3 or LB on 3-4. Tyree Wilson fits that style

KevinOMReb

Moody visiting Bama this weekend and they are likely to offer, being down so many linebackers now.  If he's offered, we're all toast with him.
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

31to6

Quote from: aloha_kid on January 29, 2018, 12:23:50 pm
He wants a defense that can do things that give an offensive-minded coach problems. That means being multiple, being aggressive, taking the initiative from the offense.

My guess is that sitting back in base and hoping the offense makes a mistake is not what keeps him up at night...

The Pulse

Just got the Bama offer he was waiting on. He gone.

jbhogfan4

Quote from: The Pulse on January 30, 2018, 09:02:27 pm

We'll see. Could have been a grey shirt offer. Bama hands out quite a few of those this time of year

aloha_kid

Quote from: 31to6 on January 30, 2018, 01:53:50 pm
He wants a defense that can do things that give an offensive-minded coach problems. That means being multiple, being aggressive, taking the initiative from the offense.

My guess is that sitting back in base and hoping the offense makes a mistake is not what keeps him up at night...

I understand what you are saying, but from what I took from his press conference he was addressing 3-4 and 4-3 as  a base defense.

King Kong

Quote from: The Pulse on January 30, 2018, 09:02:27 pm

If it's a for real offer offer than probably. But Bama loves the offer no offer

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on January 31, 2018, 06:48:19 am
If it's a for real offer offer than probably. But Bama loves the offer no offer

Pretty sure it's a real one, Bama is struggling in recruiting, lol.....

GA reddiehog

For what it's worth, Otis just picked Bama for Moody.  Offer must be real.

hawg1221

I don't know too many recruits that would turn down Alabama for Arkansas.

colbs

Not a surprise because he has had an OV scheduled for a week or so with them.  If they are going To have him for an OV it was kind of figured he would get an offer soon.

colbs

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 31, 2018, 09:22:09 am
Agim, Scoota, Gragg, Pettway, Myles Mason, Guidry, Jones, Froholdt, Patton, Martin, and Wallace are some that come to mind.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 31, 2018, 09:22:09 am
oh dear god
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

colbs

You can add Bumper Pool, Ferrell, Brown, Calloway, Whaley, Merrick, and Storey to list of players on roster that had an offer from Alabama.

onebadrubi

Quote from: colbs on January 31, 2018, 09:34:02 am
Agim, Scoota, Gragg, Pettway, Myles Mason, Guidry, Jones, Froholdt, Patton, Martin, and Wallace are some that come to mind.

Austin Allen too right?

SooieGeneris

Quote from: colbs on January 31, 2018, 09:54:02 am
You can add Bumper Pool, Ferrell, Brown, Calloway, Whaley, Merrick, and Storey to list of players on roster that had an offer from Alabama.

You forgot Harris and a few others I'm sure..

SooieGeneris

There is a new crystal ball pick for Moody on 24/7 today. To 'Bama. Doesn't mean it was automatic, they win more than their share of recruiting battles..

It's a shame to lose out on a kid to a last minute offer, but that's recruiting.

For the good news: we have picked up crystal ball picks on Treveon Johnson and Brule today.

GA reddiehog

I think we lose Moody and Parker.  Looks like the defensive recruits are set unless we can pick up a couple DB's.

logand02

Hate to miss out on Moody but Brule, Foucha and T Johnson are fantastic pick ups if we end up getting them.

GrizzlyRider07

What's the latest on Foucha? It's been very quiet in him lately.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Virgil

It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

Pudgepork

Bummer.  Hope he goes 0-4 against the hogs

The_Iceman

Quote from: Pudgepork on February 07, 2018, 09:58:07 am
Bummer.  Hope he goes 0-4 against the hogs

We are gonna get our doors blown off in the foreseeable future against Alabama and Georgia. And there is nothing we can do about it.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 07, 2018, 09:59:43 am
We are gonna get our doors blown off in the foreseeable future against Alabama and Georgia. And there is nothing we can do about it.
Thanks for the info, I'll make sure I have plans those weekends

???

Porknoxville

We win never be a big-time player! I've come to expect 6-8 wins with occasional 9 wins. Any hog fans that expect more is filling themselves. Jmo