Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas motivated for Florida victory by former players like Trey Flowers

Started by jbcarol, November 07, 2016, 08:33:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/795453490986450944

QuoteBret Bielema felt it necessary to bring some heavy hitters to town to address his beleaguered squad. Former Razorbacks Trey Flowers, Martrell Spaight and Sebastian Tretola all spoke to the current Arkansas team at some point over the last two weeks.

"They came and talked to us, and showed us how it hurt them, too," said freshman defensive lineman McTelvin [Sosa] Agim. "How they still put on for the Razorback red, and how we have to take control of this."

Flowers — in his second year with the New England Patriots — played defensive end for the Hogs from 2011 to 2014. He spoke to the team on Friday, Bielema said.

"I can't exactly give you his exact words, but they were along the lines of, every day in this world you've got to eat," Bielema said. "You've got to find ways to eat. Every day, that guy across from you is trying to take away your food. Our guys really responded.

"We kind of had a little motto out there today, 'Everybody's hungry and nobody's getting full until the end.'"

"It's painful, but we understand it's coming from love," Agim said of the former players' sometimes harsh words. "It's coming from the hard work and tradition that we have here. ... It was straight passion. We took that and took it out to the field."

All Hog
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Tejano Jawg

Flowers = greatness. (And responsible for one of my favorite QB sacks in Hog history—vs Bo Wallace/Ole Miss in 2014).

Agim's comments, love 'em. Sounds like he knows how to listen. And he will soon be great.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

lahawg1

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 07, 2016, 04:56:31 pm
Flowers = greatness. (And responsible for one of my favorite QB sacks in Hog history—vs Bo Wallace/Ole Miss in 2014).

Agim's comments, love 'em. Sounds like he knows how to listen. And he will soon be great.

Is this the one?

Hog N Bama

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: lahawg1 on November 07, 2016, 05:53:32 pm
Is this the one?

YES! I was at that game. There was something so "rodeo takedown" to that one. Beautiful.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.