Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daytona

Started by str8volfan, February 18, 2017, 07:23:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

McMurray might want to skip the Garage after this one
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

BigoBoys

The pace car is going to be the only car left. 

Buff

Sheesh, only 5 cars have NOT been involved in a crash today.  Sucks that Austin Dillon may win.

Buff

Another crash.  23 and 75.  I'm about ready to give up.... this is almost as bad as the Xfinity race. 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on February 26, 2017, 04:45:39 pm
Another crash.  23 and 75.  I'm about ready to give up.... this is almost as bad as the Xfinity race.

Oh come on man this is fun  ;D

tophawg19

Quote from: BigoBoys on February 26, 2017, 04:41:21 pm
that's the only one Mcmurray missed and in this crowd , he isn't safe

Hogfaniam

Quote from: BigoBoys on February 26, 2017, 04:41:21 pm

When you go back out, hit the pace car
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

tophawg19

Dale Sr once did just that. Can't remember who was in it though

Buff

str8volfan

Buff

Haven't heard Kurt Busch's name all day, but there he is in 3rd.  Survived all of the wrecks so far.

str8volfan

Id bet that they dont run this segment darn again at a plate track.

Buff

Wow, who needs the draft when you're as strong as the 42.  What happened to Elliot's car?

str8volfan

Quote from: Buff on February 26, 2017, 05:26:52 pm
Wow, who needs the draft when you're as strong as the 42.  What happened to Elliot's car?
out of fuel

str8volfan

Im good with Kurt winning. Anybody but Logano.

Buff

Dang, no one talked about Kurt Busch until he took the lead. He still had fuel when others started running out.

Buff

Quote from: str8volfan on February 26, 2017, 05:27:58 pm
out of fuel

That became pretty obvious after I saw the 42 do the same thing.  The lead changes in the last 2 laps were fun to watch.  I hope today was a sign of things to come for SHR and their Fords.

ricepig

Race was 2 laps too long for my Fantasy team, but anyone but Lagano or Kesslowski.

str8volfan

here is my take on this format. Basically the first 120 dont matter. They could have done away with the first 2 segments and still had a better race. This format is gonna take way too long, and it actually shortens the race by 10-15 laps. I go into everything with an open mind, but they are gonna have to make some major tweaks with this crap.

str8volfan

Quote from: ricepig on February 26, 2017, 05:32:08 pm
Race was 2 laps too long for my Fantasy team, but anyone but Lagano or Kesslowski.
you are gonna be very disappointed. Doesnt look like you made any picks this week.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on February 26, 2017, 05:35:19 pm
you are gonna be very disappointed. Doesnt look like you made any picks this week.

No worries. I set it up to drop our lowest point week per segment. He just can't screw up again this Spring.

Buff

Would have been cool if Monster Energy had been the 41's primary sponsor today.

ImHogginIt

My C driver McDowell was my highest finisher  :'(

str8volfan

spin it however you wish, that 500 was a disaster.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on February 26, 2017, 05:44:09 pm
spin it however you wish, that 500 was a disaster.

I enjoyed the whole thing. I like watching a race where you know at any second disaster can strike.

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 26, 2017, 05:39:37 pm
No worries. I set it up to drop our lowest point week per segment. He just can't screw up again this Spring.

I picked them and I saved them, what else was I to do? They still show as my picks for Atlanta?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on February 26, 2017, 05:54:08 pm
I picked them and I saved them, what else was I to do? They still show as my picks for Atlanta?

Perhaps you picked after the deadline for todays race. Deadline is usually on Friday around noon for most races.

str8volfan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 26, 2017, 06:02:24 pm
Perhaps you picked after the deadline for todays race. Deadline is usually on Friday around noon for most races.
you could pick until noon today.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on February 26, 2017, 05:54:08 pm

Oh well it is your throw away week just like mine. My guys finished 37, 32, 19 and 15  :-[

berryhog

Hate that fuel mileage was a factor in the finish

ImHogginIt

Quote from: berryhog on February 26, 2017, 06:17:02 pm
Hate that fuel mileage was a factor in the finish

Yeah can't believe there wasn't another caution that many were counting on.

str8volfan

I won the Daytona 500.

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 26, 2017, 06:08:39 pm
Oh well it is your throw away week just like mine. My guys finished 37, 32, 19 and 15  :-[

I'll be like the football pickem's I hit about 67% and forget at least two weeks out of 13-14 weeks, lol.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 25, 2017, 08:06:19 am
You picked a new driver yet ?  I think I'm gonna be a bit of a Clint fan along with Johnson and the Penske boys.

I am not gonna pick a new driver.... I am gonna cheer for my team.... and today... WE WON THE DAYTONA 500 BABY!
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

hawginbigd1

I guarantee over the last 10 years nobody has caused or been in half as many super speedway wrecks than Johnson, I just expect he will be in a wreck at those 4 races, hate to see one of my guys running anywhere near him. I can't count the number of times Mark Martin was crashed out because of Jimmy.

I am a Ryan Blaney fan, he is gonna be my guy for years to come, also a JR guy.

Biggest surprise of speed weeks.....Logano and Harvick actually worked together, I thought they would dump each other at the first opportunity.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 28, 2017, 01:28:40 am
I guarantee over the last 10 years nobody has caused or been in half as many super speedway wrecks than Johnson, I just expect he will be in a wreck at those 4 races, hate to see one of my guys running anywhere near him. I can't count the number of times Mark Martin was crashed out because of Jimmy.

I am a Ryan Blaney fan, he is gonna be my guy for years to come, also a JR guy.

Biggest surprise of speed weeks.....Logano and Harvick actually worked together, I thought they would dump each other at the first opportunity.

A few years ago I could not stand Logano or Keselowski. But their aggressive racing style and off track personalities have grown on me. I'm still a Johnson fan to some extent but not near as much as back when Martin was in the 5 car.

str8volfan

Im leaning towards Blaney myself. Had there been another lap Sunday, I truly think he would have won.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 28, 2017, 04:31:48 am
A few years ago I could not stand Logano or Keselowski. But their aggressive racing style and off track personalities have grown on me. I'm still a Johnson fan to some extent but not near as much as back when Martin was in the 5 car.
I am a BK fan, and Logano somewhat, he sometimes gets a little too whiny for my liking though. I have enjoyed his banter with Harvick however. I respect Johnson, and was a fan before and when he started with Hendrick, but now I am more anybody but Johnson, Kenseth, Kyle, and Harvick to an extent.