Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UPDATED DEPTH CHART 2016

Started by Oklahawg, December 20, 2015, 10:08:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Bijhon Jackson. People have a hard time with his name, but this is the correct spelling
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

redleg

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 23, 2015, 11:06:09 am
This chart is the #1 reason that Ramsey won't be back. I would bet that BB just will NOT take a chance on a kid that he gave multiple chances last year with the numbers looking like they do.

We may be getting another year from Collins and Kirkland, which is GREAT, but that means 2 less recruits for this class. Trade-offs!

Okla, could you provide a best guess as to the "right" amount of bodies at each position? Do we need 5 QB's? 8 DE's and 8 DT's???
Wow...you were wrong all the way around on those statements!
Ramsey IS back and looking great in practice, and Collins and Kirkland are both GONE.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

longpig

Quote from: redleg on April 14, 2016, 03:33:14 pm
Wow...you were wrong all the way around on those statements!
Ramsey IS back and looking great in practice, and Collins and Kirkland are both GONE.

Not as of Dec. 23  ::)
Don't be scared, be smart.

redleg

He is now, though isn't he? And now is what counts.  :razorback:

Rzback

July 13, 2016, 07:03:27 pm #54 Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 07:54:05 am by Rzback
He's small but I like his smarts and intensity
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Oklahawg

Updated to reflect summer changes.

Leaving Beanum, Day, and LaFrance as is for now.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

2017 Depth chart coming soon? Of course it will just be a guess until spring ball gets here

bennyl08

QB: Austin Allen, Ty Storey, Cole Kelley, Daulton Hyatt
RB: Raleigh Williams III, Devwah Whaley, TJ Hammonds, Maleek Williams
FB: Kendrick Jackson, Hayden Johnson
TE: Austin Cantrell, CJ O'Grady, Jeremy Patton, Grayson Gunter, Anthony Antwine, Jack Kraus, Will Gragg,
OT: Brian Wallace, Colton Jackson, Paul Ramirez, Jake Heinrich, Dalton Wagner, Kirby Adcock, Shane Clenin, Deion Malone
OG: Hjalte Froholdt, Johhny Gibson, Jake Hall, Jalen Merrick, Jake Heinrich, Jake Raulerson, Zack Rogers, Dylan Hays
C: Frank Ragnow, Zack Rogers
WR: Jared Cornelius, La'Michael Pettway, Deon Stewart, Joran Jones, Brandon Martin, Jonathon Nance, Maleek Barkley, Kofi Boateng, Koilan Jackson,

DE: Tevin Beanum, McTelvin Agim, Randy Ramsey, Karl Roesler, TJ Smith, Jonathan Marshall, Michael Taylor, Troy James
DT: McTelvin Agim, Bijhon Jackson, TJ Smith, Austin Capps, Daytreon Dean, Briston Guidry, Armon Watts
MLB: DeJon Harris, Josh Harris, Giovanni LeFrance
OLB: Dre Greenlaw, Dwayne Eugene, Randy Ramsey, Khalia Hackett, Alexy Jean-Baptiste, Dee Walker, Kyrei Fisher, Josh Paul, Derrick Munson
CB: Henre Toliver, Ryan Pulley, Kevin Richardson III, Britto Tutt, Jarques McClellion, Jordan Curtis, Nate Dalton
S: Santos Ramirez, Josh Liddell, Deondre Coley, Kevin Richardson III, Nate Dalton, Deon Edwards, Micahh Smith, Montaric Brown, Korey Hernandez

K: Cole Hedlund
P: Blake Johnson
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

redleg

2017 Offense?
QB - Austin Allen
FB - Hayden Johnson
TB - Rawleigh Williams, Devwah Whaley
WR - Jared Cornelius
WR - Brandon Martin
TE - Jeremy Patton
LT - Colton Jackson
LG - Hjalte Froholdt
C - Frank Ragnow
RG - Johnny Gibson
RT - Brian Wallace

2017 Defense? (3-4)
DE - McTelvin Agim
NG - Austin Capps or Bijhon Jackson
DE - Tevin Beanum
OLB - Randy Ramsey
ILB - DeJon Harris
ILB - Giovanni LaFrance or Kendrick Jackson
OLB - Dre Greenlaw
CB - Ryan Pulley
CB - Henre' Tolliver
SS - Santos Ramirez
FS - Josh Liddell

mizzouman

Quote from: redleg on January 17, 2017, 08:43:47 am
2017 Offense?
QB - Austin Allen
FB - Hayden Johnson
WR - Jared Cornelius
WR - Brandon Martin
TE - Jeremy Patton
LT - Colton Jackson
LG - Hjalte Froholdt
C - Frank Ragnow
RG - Johnny Gibson
RT - Brian Wallace

2017 Defense? (3-4)
DE - McTelvin Agim
DE - Tevin Beanum
OLB - Randy Ramsey
ILB - DeJon Harris
OLB - Dre Greenlaw
CB - Ryan Pulley
CB - Henre' Tolliver
SS - Santos Ramirez
FS - Josh Liddell
3-4 defense requires some fast, quick and strong backers.  Is Arkansas equipped with that?  Could be, don't know.

bennyl08

January 17, 2017, 05:51:12 pm #62 Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 02:14:14 am by bennyl08
Quote from: redleg on January 17, 2017, 08:43:47 am
2017 Offense?
QB - Austin Allen
FB - Hayden Johnson
WR - Jared Cornelius
WR - Brandon Martin
TE - Jeremy Patton
LT - Colton Jackson
LG - Hjalte Froholdt
C - Frank Ragnow
RG - Johnny Gibson
RT - Brian Wallace

2017 Defense? (3-4)
DE - McTelvin Agim
DE - Tevin Beanum
OLB - Randy Ramsey
ILB - DeJon Harris
OLB - Dre Greenlaw
CB - Ryan Pulley
CB - Henre' Tolliver
SS - Santos Ramirez
FS - Josh Liddell

You think Martin comes in and beats Pettway, Stewart and Jones? Haven't watched much tape on our incoming class, but Jones is a true #1 type receiver and Pettway and Stewart are IMO in the same mold as Wright and Adams. Tough for me to imagine somebody beating those guys on the depth chart due to talent and they have more SEC experience.

Edit: I've watched Martin's tape now and your projection seems less preposterous. That guy can play. I'd still slot Pettway and Jones in front for now, but yeah, would not be surprised if this guy comes in strong.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

redleg