Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transfer

Started by Big Nasty 34, May 02, 2017, 12:56:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

reddawg213

Quote from: Hogginintheville on May 03, 2017, 06:28:53 pm
I wonder how much he is getting in scholarship. Don't get me wrong even a half scholarship can help greatly but no D2 athletes get a full athletic

According to a family source, yes, he is getting a full scholarship. At DII level, they are allowed 10 full basketball scholarships but they are allowed to give them out as partials up to the 10 full scholarships level.  They are called equivalency scholarships. While most schools give out only partials, they can give out full scholarships if they feel the recruit is worth it.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: reddawg213 on May 03, 2017, 08:14:40 pm
According to a family source, yes, he is getting a full scholarship. At DII level, they are allowed 10 full basketball scholarships but they are allowed to give them out as partials up to the 10 full scholarships level.  They are called equivalency scholarships. While most schools give out only partials, they can give out full scholarships if they feel the recruit is worth it.
And, if RJ is as good in the classroom as it appears, he probably got plenty of academic money to fill any non basketball scholarship he might get.

nwahogfan1

This was probable expected.  I just wish he would have gone to UAFS.  We are losing a couple of great guards and need a scorer.

Good luck to him and I do not blame him for not playing for free.  College is too darn expensive.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hogginintheville on May 03, 2017, 06:28:53 pm
I wonder how much he is getting in scholarship. Don't get me wrong even a half scholarship can help greatly but no D2 athletes get a full athletic   

I do not think this is true.  I would guess most D2 basketball teams have their top 10 players are on full rides.     Now if you were talking Baseball scholarships then I think your right but not basketball.    Again I am guessing but I think D2's have 12 or 13 scholarships to give out and that is plenty so maybe your bottom 2 or 3 kids are sharing scholarships but that is all.

azhog10

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 04, 2017, 12:01:31 pm
I do not think this is true.  I would guess most D2 basketball teams have their top 10 players are on full rides.     Now if you were talking Baseball scholarships then I think your right but not basketball.    Again I am guessing but I think D2's have 12 or 13 scholarships to give out and that is plenty so maybe your bottom 2 or 3 kids are sharing scholarships but that is all.
I can guarantee you very few, if any, have their top 10 on full rides. I was apart of a D2 team and we had one or two guys on full rides. The rest were full tuition not room and board, then some got room and board but had to cover half or all tuition. IT was a mix bag and very few got a full ride.

reddawg213

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 04, 2017, 11:52:31 am
This was probable expected.  I just wish he would have gone to UAFS.  We are losing a couple of great guards and need a scorer.

Good luck to him and I do not blame him for not playing for free.  College is too darn expensive.

Yeah, last time I talk to his dad ( a couple weeks ago maybe) UAFS offered him a full ride as well, but Tech, he felt was a better fit culturally. ATU had a lot of D1 transfers on the team last year so I think the team understood his situation better and, according to dad, RJ really took to the coach there so that's what I think moved him to ATU. But, he was looking hard at UAFS as well. Both are close to home and his family is very close knit.

TheRazorback500

Congrats to him. ATU's a good school.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?