Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deon Stewart

Started by Großer Kriegschwein, October 03, 2017, 12:08:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

if he stays healthy will be the next Drew Morgan. Except with a higher up side.
This is my non-signature signature.

presidenthog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 03, 2017, 12:08:42 am

Drew Morgan never let himself get bullied off the line like Deon did vs tcu.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: presidenthog on October 03, 2017, 01:47:14 am
and we have a Bingo !
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

The_Iceman

I can say for certain this is true because I don't remember a young Drew Morgan.

onebadrubi

I think Drew was more elusive and a faster first step.  We REALLY need Stewart to come and to start catching all the balls he should. 

RazorPiggie

He needs to gain some weight or he will get pushed all over the field.

Cure

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 03, 2017, 12:08:42 am
The next Drew Morgan?

No. He's a much quicker player and once he can maintain his weight/speed, he'll take that next step.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Cure on October 03, 2017, 10:24:01 am
The next Drew Morgan?

No. He's a much quicker player and once he can maintain his weight/speed, he'll take that next step.

It appears his speed is not in his first 2-3 steps though, take notice on that either wheel route or wr screen he scored on.  He was either in motion or started in the slot on the field side, running east to west while catching the ball, it took him the rest of horiztonal field movement to get his speed then to turn up around the blockers. 

No doubt he would run down DM, but Drew morgan would had a faster first step.  Also, DM had what appears to be better hands.  Lets hope Coach Smith is getting those hands softened up and stronger for Stewart though.  Him and Jones could be a nice duo. 

The NewEra

If Stewart will take a few steps back to the ball at the end of his routes the way Morgan did he will be just fine.  It's a work in progress.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Cure on October 03, 2017, 10:24:01 am
The next Drew Morgan?

Pretty much the difference. Size and physicality. Morgan didn't start showing out until he was a Junior.
This is my non-signature signature.

Dirty

Once he starts spitting in people's faces, he will be on track!

rzrbk4life

Quote from: Dirty on October 04, 2017, 06:43:19 am
Once he starts spitting in people's faces, he will be on track!

Lol
Let's call those hogs!!!!

porque

Deon Stewart is a sophomore. Drew Morgan barely played as a sophomore.  He had ten catches all year. He was mostly a special teams player.

HogFoo

Well my only knock on the kid, other than he really needs to put on a little more weight, I've seen lots of routes where he would stop.  And had he kept going he'd had a completion.  He's did it in every game I've rewatched. Now I haven't researched the last game yet, but he did look better.  So maybe they got on his azz for not running routes full speed and to completion.  Because I don't k ow how many times I saw him cut a route short and give up and Allen would lead him and by that time Stewart couldn't get to it.  Anyways..  Hopefully he got straightened out! 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Wildhog

Quote from: porque on October 04, 2017, 10:37:08 am
Deon Stewart is a sophomore. Drew Morgan barely played as a sophomore.  He had ten catches all year. He was mostly a special teams player.

And Drew flashed every time he got on the field.  One of my gripes from 2014 was how little he played.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

bennyl08

Quote from: Wildhog on October 04, 2017, 11:04:24 am
And Drew flashed every time he got on the field.  One of my gripes from 2014 was how little he played.

Not mine. With Hunter, Derby, and Hatcher ahead of him, they absolutely deserved more attention in a year we didn't pass much. Cornelius when healthy is more athletic than Morgan, Hollister showed the same NFL potential as Morgan did seeing as they are both on practice squads. About the only players who had more receptions than Morgan who may not have been better than Morgan was was Wilson. But with Demetrius, you are talking about a senior who ran a 4.4 forty as was by far our most athletic receiver at the time.

All of those guys in front of Morgan flashed as well. His flash wasn't any brighter than theirs.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse