Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Chase for the Sprint Cup

Started by riccoar, September 16, 2016, 07:06:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Racinray

riccoar

The 48 made a huge movement for champ number 7.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on October 10, 2016, 07:35:50 am
The 48 made a huge movement for champ number 7.

Hendrick cars have all found speed in the past month. I think it will be between the 48 and the 4.

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 10, 2016, 04:56:35 pm
Hendrick cars have all found speed in the past month. I think it will be between the 48 and the 4.
I'll be surprised if the 4 gets out of this round.

holeinthewall

I have pretty much lost all interest in NASCAR. The only reason I watched the race Sunday was it started at 11 and I watched the first hour then flipped back and forth. Clearly I am not the only one by the look in the stands. They seriously need to be done with the season by Labor day.  Run some double headers in the summer when people could take vacation and do a double header of say Martinsville and Richmond. Charlotte and Atlanta.

Buff

Racinray

Quote from: Racinray on October 10, 2016, 06:23:42 pm
I'll be surprised if the 4 gets out of this round.
I was wrong on this one, but it means more money in my pocket. :)

Flying Razorback

I'm not gonna lie, today's race was awesome!  Of course, if you're not a Harvick fan it was boring.  Man, I hate this format.  But I love when Harvick wins.  I thought there was no way he'd make it out of the round after finishes of 38 and 37 the past two weeks.  And there he goes again.

Final restart the Toyotas had been unstoppable.  And Kyle Busch took like 8 positions in the first lap.  With 30 to go I thought there was no way Harvick would hold him off.  So big shout out to Carl Edwards for racing him so hard and not just letting him go or else Harvick was a sitting duck.  Good show of sportsmanship by teammates.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Racinray

Hope the 24 wins today, but there's a long way to go.

Racinray

Harvick can't even get along with his own teammate.

Racinray

How does JGR not get busted for their actions today.

riccoar

riccoar

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on October 23, 2016, 08:13:27 pm
How does JGR not get busted for their actions today.

Busted for what ? Riding around in the back to avoid the big one and points racing ?

riccoar

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 24, 2016, 05:11:04 pm
Busted for what ? Riding around in the back to avoid the big one and points racing ?
Yeah, I read it on Jayski.  That was the claim, but the 3 cars simply figured out that if they finished, they would advance.  Hamlin was the only one who had no choice but to race his way in.

I think Kes was the stupid one.  Both times he waited too long to remove the debris from his nose.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on October 25, 2016, 06:49:33 am
Yeah, I read it on Jayski.  That was the claim, but the 3 cars simply figured out that if they finished, they would advance.  Hamlin was the only one who had no choice but to race his way in.

I think Kes was the stupid one.  Both times he waited too long to remove the debris from his nose.

Yeah except at Dega if you try and shuffle back a few spots you may quickly find yourself shuffled back from the lead to 25th just like that. Too bad Logano wasn't close enough to help at the time.

Ever since Martin retired I've been looking for a driver. Have always liked Johnson but man I really have started to like Kes the past year or so.

riccoar

Me too.  Haven't picked one.  I like Kyle Busch but also Carl.  Haven't really picked one.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on October 25, 2016, 09:50:16 am
Me too.  Haven't picked one.  I like Kyle Busch but also Carl.  Haven't really picked one.

I like Carl and Kenseth but can't stand the Bush bros. I actually am starting to like Logano too. He and Kes are racers who are gonna race to win. I like that as opposed to the old gentleman's racing crap a lot of the older guys have done the past 15-20 yrs.

riccoar

I got so much Martin crap I bought over the years, but no real place for it.  I respect Kyle's ability to race damn near anything.

holeinthewall

Brad wins that race going away if he didn't blow up.   Cars riding in the back has been going on for years there so if they want to penalize JGR (As much as I hate JGR and Toyota) they really can't unless before the race the made a point of saying it would no longer allowed.

ImHogginIt

Jimmie !!!  ;D

My fantasy drivers went 1, 6, 10 and unfortunately 26 with Smoke's fat ass. Should have kept it with Newman this morning but based on Stewart's practices and starting spot I thought fat boy might have a good run.

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 30, 2016, 03:51:07 pm
Jimmie !!!  ;D

My fantasy drivers went 1, 6, 10 and unfortunately 26 with Smoke's fat ass. Should have kept it with Newman this morning but based on Stewart's practices and starting spot I thought fat boy might have a good run.
None of the SHR cars did any good.

Racinray

Reading that some idiot ran through a crowd of people at the track after the races and injured 9.

riccoar

I feel Kyle Busch's pain.  His teammates punked out and simply point raced to the finish.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on October 31, 2016, 06:44:49 am
I feel Kyle Busch's pain.  His teammates punked out and simply point raced to the finish.

Yeah but even if he got by his team I doubt he had the car to beat the 2 and 48. That was about the most boring Martinsville race ever. Hardly any bumping and banging and the tires didn't give out due to the heat.

Racinray

Teams have figured out how to point race "The Chase" and it's getting boring again.

riccoar

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 31, 2016, 08:20:32 am
Yeah but even if he got by his team I doubt he had the car to beat the 2 and 48. That was about the most boring Martinsville race ever. Hardly any bumping and banging and the tires didn't give out due to the heat.
Yeah, but like he said, them running around let Kez get by.  He and Kenseth were faster than Denny.  He really didn't make Johnson work all that hard for the lead.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on October 31, 2016, 10:12:13 am
Teams have figured out how to point race "The Chase" and it's getting boring again.

They need to put Martinsville as the last race of the first round so drivers will have to get aggressive.
Honestly NASCAR has been boring for 5 or 6 years now for me. Too much TV exposure and very long seasons is a big culprit I think .

riccoar

I think them knowing 3 of the 8 drivers were gonna be in a sizeable hole played a huge part.  Busch wanted to race but Kenseth and Hamlin just wanted to coast.

Racinray

I'll have to read about Texas in the morning.

ImHogginIt

We were on our way to the track and luckily I looked at the weather on my phone and told the wife lets head back home. Damn good call. I debated about going back later but by 5 pm i was too comfy in the recliner and they didn't restart until after 7. Last Spring we sat in our seats three hours before leaving during that rain delay. I wasted a lot of money on tickets this year. They better repave now because that old surface is a bitch to get dry

holeinthewall

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 07, 2016, 10:31:55 am
We were on our way to the track and luckily I looked at the weather on my phone and told the wife lets head back home. Damn good call. I debated about going back later but by 5 pm i was too comfy in the recliner and they didn't restart until after 7. Last Spring we sat in our seats three hours before leaving during that rain delay. I wasted a lot of money on tickets this year. They better repave now because that old surface is a bitch to get dry

I haven't been since Spring 2006 race there.  Front stretch used to be packed for the xfinity series back then. Saturday looked like maybe 15k people there.  Haven't been to any races at all since Daytona  2007.

riccoar

Who will be the other 2 to join Edwards and Johnson in Miami?  Johnson has never won at Homestead.  I think if Harvick and another JGR driver break through, Jimmie won't see #7.

Buff

Harvick has won at both, and Phoenix is next on the schedule. 

riccoar

Quote from: Buff on November 07, 2016, 01:25:04 pm
Harvick and Edwards are both great at Homestead.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on November 07, 2016, 01:25:04 pm

I'm pulling for Harvick this week. But part of me wants to see little Austin Dillon take him out just to see Harvick whip his ass after the race  :D

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 07, 2016, 04:56:09 pm
I'm pulling for Harvick this week. But part of me wants to see little Austin Dillon take him out just to see Harvick whip his ass after the race  :D
That would be the most exciting thing to happen this year. ;D

Racinray

I know it's against the rules for what the team did, but I feel for Elliot Sadlers crew chief getting suspended for the championship race. That would be a tough one to deal with.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on November 13, 2016, 08:13:04 am
I know it's against the rules for what the team did, but I feel for Elliot Sadlers crew chief getting suspended for the championship race. That would be a tough one to deal with.

2 Weeks in a row Sadler's bunch were caught cheating yet he's allowed to race for the championship. NASCAR is a complete joke of a sport.

Buff

Harvick  pretty much has to win today to advance.  Also needs to stay away from Stupid Austin Dillon, or SAD for short.

Get it?  Because he's short.

Racinray

Buff

Harvick didn't have the car today.  In the last 7 races at Phoenix, he was won 5, finished top-2 6 times, and finished top-4 all 7 times.

Still an impressive streak.  Just not today.

Next week will be Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards, Joey Logano, and Kyle Busch.

Racinray

Quote from: Buff on November 13, 2016, 04:59:02 pm
Harvick didn't have the car today.  In the last 7 races at Phoenix, he was won 5, finished top-2 6 times, and finished top-4 all 7 times.

Still an impressive streak.  Just not today.

Next week will be Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards, Joey Logano, and Kyle Busch.
Really don't care who wins out of those four.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on November 13, 2016, 01:47:37 pm
Harvick  pretty much has to win today to advance.  Also needs to stay away from Stupid Austin Dillon, or SAD for short.

Get it?  Because he's short.

I could have had a good fantasy day but like a dumbass I switched from Kahne to Dillon as one of my B drivers. Why I did that I have no idea. Dillon has screwed me every time I used him this year.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on November 13, 2016, 05:07:54 pm

Happy with all except Busch. I despise Busch.

Buff

Quote from: Racinray on November 13, 2016, 05:07:54 pm

Really?  I hope Carl takes it.  Don't want to see Jimmie get #7, don't want to see Kyle repeat, and just screw Joey Logano.

Racinray

Quote from: Buff on November 13, 2016, 06:56:10 pm
Really?  I hope Carl takes it.  Don't want to see Jimmie get #7, don't want to see Kyle repeat, and just screw Joey Logano.
LOL

10thPlanet

I really thought Harvick was going to win Phoenix. Fairly boring race until the end. KYLE BUSCH FTW! No Jimmie. I guess that Bowman kid will be a force next year. Kenseth does some crazy stuff sometimes.

riccoar

I'll be shocked if its not Carl or Joey.  Both great at Homestead. 

riccoar

I think Busch got hosed at the end.  He was ahead of Logano when the yellow was thrown.  No idea why Kenseth did that.  He lets Bowman go and he makes the Championship race.  Just dumb.