Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rumor: Harvick approached to replace Kahne

Started by riccoar, May 17, 2016, 06:36:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

riccoar

This is pretty interesting to me.  Kahne is not a bad driver.  Hendrick has always had trouble getting more than 2 cars competitive week in and week out.  He's top dog at Stewart and would fall in at #3 at Hendrick.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/nascar-rumors-harvick-approached-offer-224200235.html

Buff

From the comments:

nascar is like a soap opera now. danica can play the damsel in distress, in "As the Lugnut turns"
We pause for a 60 second maxipad commercial

Racinray

Why would you want to go to the 5 car? It won't or they won't let it be competitive.

riccoar

Quote from: Racinray on May 17, 2016, 06:00:40 pm
Why would you want to go to the 5 car? It won't or they won't let it be competitive.
Pretty much my thoughts as well.  Martin found that out after one season.  Also, remember, Kyle Busch drove that 5 too.

Racinray

Sorry don't have a link, but Harvick just signed a long term contract to stay at SHR.

ImHogginIt

I hope they find someone to replace Kahne. I just don't like that little boy.

hoghelmet14

I doubted this thread since yall posted it.... not saying yall were wrong... rumor are just rumors... I just could not see Kevin leaving Tony.  As long as Smoke gets Kevin competitive cars... He is there.  They are best friends.... ever since SHR was formed.... it was just a matter of time till Kevin got there... now he aint leaving.
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

hoghelmet14

But I did call Aunt Cindy and ask.... LOL

riccoar

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on May 19, 2016, 12:09:02 pm
I doubted this thread since yall posted it.... not saying yall were wrong... rumor are just rumors... I just could not see Kevin leaving Tony.  As long as Smoke gets Kevin competitive cars... He is there.  They are best friends.... ever since SHR was formed.... it was just a matter of time till Kevin got there... now he aint leaving.
These rumors in NASCAR usually have legs.  I can totally see Hendrick approaching Harvick with that offer.  Harvick was only guaranteed through this season, with an OPTION for 2017.  Harvick was not happy with the announcement of the move to Ford in 2017.  But, he would have lost Childers and being top dog by leaving.  Most likely, Harvick used the talk to acquire a bit more cash.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: riccoar on May 19, 2016, 01:16:28 pm
These rumors in NASCAR usually have legs.  I can totally see Hendrick approaching Harvick with that offer.  Harvick was only guaranteed through this season, with an OPTION for 2017.  Harvick was not happy with the announcement of the move to Ford in 2017.  But, he would have lost Childers and being top dog by leaving.  Most likely, Harvick used the talk to acquire a bit more cash.

I agree with all of this.... but I think leaving was never really an option....

ImHogginIt

I think next year will be a struggle for SHR. Roush Yates Engines will be good but SHR will be doing their own chassis for the first time.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Racinray on May 17, 2016, 06:00:40 pm
That indeed is a real head scratcher, the 5 has never been a consistently competitive race team, even when Hendricks was dominant, never have been able to understand it. The 24 and 48 are prepared in a different shop or they were anyway, and they have most always been significantly better than the 88 and 5 cars.

I think we are seeing the same thing at SHR, 4 and 41 are top shelf. The 14 and the 10 are not, of course with the lack of talent in the 10 who knows how good that team really is, I mean driving talent LOL!

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on May 22, 2016, 03:26:38 pm
That indeed is a real head scratcher, the 5 has never been a consistently competitive race team, even when Hendricks was dominant, never have been able to understand it. The 24 and 48 are prepared in a different shop or they were anyway, and they have most always been significantly better than the 88 and 5 cars.

After Martin did so well in 2009 Hendrick moved some of the 5's engineers to the 88. Still pisses me off.