Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruiting Websites

Started by ThisGuy, February 18, 2018, 09:13:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisGuy

I'm thinking about subscribing to one of the recruiting sites which would you guys say is the best?

hawg1221

I don't know which one is the best, but I don't think it's worth it. A lot of information is out there for free. Now if you're rich, go for it.

Con el Cerdos

If I were to join one I think it would be 247Sports.  Not crazy about Otis, actually think he's full of darn, but there is a lot more on that site than just what he brings to it.

Dark Helmet Hog

nwahogfan1

I am a member of 247.  $100 bucks a year or $10 a month and usually they will give you the first few months free before you buy to check them out.   I like it.

ricepig

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 18, 2018, 09:39:57 pm
I don't know which one is the best, but I don't think it's worth it. A lot of information is out there for free. Now if you're rich, go for it.

Yeah, $10/month is a lot, lol. 24/7 has the easiest forum to get info on recruits, but that info is already free. I don't know about Otis, some like him, some don't.  Danny West is probably the best local recruiting guy, and unlike some, he doesn't think we'll get every recruit. RD is very good, but WholehogSports is mostly a ghost town, very little traffic on there.

Hoot72

I subscribe to Rivals, and 90% of the reason is the work that Danny West does.  Trey Biddy does some good stuff -- like the video discussions right after the game, and this past year he told it like it was.

ballinhog

Save your money. Between here and what's free on 247 I don't miss out on any information at all.

Even now on 247 where a lot of the guys have their crystal ball picks as VIP, you can still click the players profile and see the %'s of his picks to every school. Ever since I discovered 247 I don't use any other site at all.

nwahogfan1

247 have much more informed posters.  I like to get onto hogville forum but so many posters just want to post something that they think is Funny but to me just immature and stupid.   Or they want to jump onto the poster if they do not agree without adding anything constructive. 

247 monitors the posters much better and stops the arguing and stupid posts.  Also 247 added more expert recruiting sources from Texas and Louisiana and those two states will be recruited very heavily with these coaches.  I would not be surprised if we do not start signing real close to 15 kids from these two states.  Just depends on how many our state turns out.   

Like I said it is worth the $100 a year to me.  Everyone will have to decide for themselves.

ballinhog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 19, 2018, 08:41:52 am
247 have much more informed posters.  I like to get onto hogville forum but so many posters just want to post something that they think is Funny but to me just immature and stupid.   Or they want to jump onto the poster if they do not agree without adding anything constructive. 

247 monitors the posters much better and stops the arguing and stupid posts.  Also 247 added more expert recruiting sources from Texas and Louisiana and those two states will be recruited very heavily with these coaches.  I would not be surprised if we do not start signing real close to 15 kids from these two states.  Just depends on how many our state turns out.   

Like I said it is worth the $100 a year to me.  Everyone will have to decide for themselves.

Something you said is one thing I hate about this board. Don't get me wrong I flat out love Hogville, been around here over a decade and it's where I come for so much info but like you said so many posters get so defensive and bent out of shape if they disagree with you. It's like if your opinion is different than theirs they think you're some illiterate idiot. With so many posters there's no way you're gonna agree with everyone of them. I think that's one thing that makes this place great, but some can't stand it