Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Around the SEC

Started by Mr.Swine89, February 18, 2018, 03:21:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Swine89

In watching games the past 3 days, LSU at #9 is not going to happen again this year in the rankings. Their pitching is very suspect. What they did do well is not strike out.

Tenn is not good from what I've seen. Maryland has shut them down.

Miss St isn't bad, but Southern Miss looks like world beaters. They will win a bunch of games.

Florida is Florida. Great pitching and solid defense.

Haven't watched Ol Miss. I can't stand wasting my time with them.

Vandy looks good. The Duke team they are playing is good offensively.

ucahogfan

LSU is lucky to have not been swept by Norte Dame.  They lost a ton from the team last year and it will take time to integrate the new guys.  However, they have to have Gilbert and Hess do well and they did not.  Could be a long season if those two do not turn it around.

While Dave Serrano was a terrific coach on the West Coast, he find the SEC to be challenging and left Vitello with a bare cupboard.  The good thing for the Vols is that Vitello is one of the elite recruiters in the game and should bring in some talent over the next couple of years.

MissippHog

I didn't feel it warranted it's own thread, but I've heard Cannizaro will be fired in the morning by State. 

ucahogfan

Quote from: MissippHog on February 19, 2018, 09:46:40 pm
I didn't feel it warranted it's own thread, but I've heard Cannizaro will be fired in the morning by State.
Rumor I am hearing is that they found someone who can bench more than him that will be his replacement.

MissippHog

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 19, 2018, 10:00:31 pm
Rumor I am hearing is that they found someone who can bench more than him that will be his replacement.
Haha! +1