Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barnes> Anderson

Started by checkraiser88, December 30, 2017, 01:37:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

hawgball40

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 30, 2017, 01:37:38 pm
Bottom line in this game
man wonder, why texas ran ole Rick "Money" Barne$ off...

TNhawgfan

Better coach...doubtful. Better prepared team to play today...absolutely
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

3kgthog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 30, 2017, 01:42:48 pm

What's Mike done since his last Sweet 16 somewhere else? Not much.

pigmania

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 30, 2017, 01:42:48 pm
A better coach will always have his team ready to play. Barnes had his team ready, Anderson not.

TNhawgfan

I see barnes and Mike as both being good, not great. But like i said, one team was better prepared
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

joco

Only thing I have seen is a team that was too amped up to start the game.  It's not over

hawgball40

Razorback_Mack

Bottom line in this game
If you think Barnes outcoahed anybody today you're the dumbest person I've ever heard of. Him taking the air out of the ball and running the shot clock down inside 5 seconds every possession with over 8 minutes left single handily cost his team this game. A 2 year old could see that.

jst01

Bottom line in this game

Use this as a learning experience. Don't post dumb things before the game is over, dummy

Atlhogfan1

The one thing Mike did well today was manage Gafford to where he was available down the stretch.  Huge difference in winning.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

BorderPatrol

Atlhogfan1

Well there is the expected run. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

wedge56

Might want to re-evaluate your calculations

BorderPatrol

Seemed to be working well for the OP.

bp

hookshog

I love the fastest 40. Some of y'all just wear me out complaining. Enjoy the ride.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bigred223

jcbville

Razorback_Mack

Thanks again Barnes. Not another coach in the country tells that kid to make that free throw. Dumbass.

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

Dominicanhog

BentonvilleJeff

I'm sure the ones that were posting  this are little kids on their computer. Otherwise it's stupidity.

ShadowHawg

Same ole haters looking stupid AGAIN.

Swinelander

Bottom line in this game
Higher Math = (Arkansas + Anderson) > (Tennessee + Barnes)

Fan701

Quote from: pigmania on December 30, 2017, 01:50:21 pm
A better coach will always have his team ready to play. Barnes had his team ready, Anderson not.
Ok, then.  I guess that even unprepared we can still take down one of the top teams.  Funny how I thought that at least one measure of who is the better coach would be who wins the game.  MA stands on top, and we've beaten Tennessee six times in a row, so how is Barnes better?

Uberanubis

Quote from: ShadowHawg on December 30, 2017, 02:37:55 pm
Same ole haters looking stupid AGAIN.

Man some seroius but hurt going on.....how many think anderson was out coached now......
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

HawgTide

BayofPigs

Thrash this waste of internet!

Hog Milanese

Atlhogfan1

I thought both did a good job today.  Impressed with what Barnes has done with the Vols.  They looked good today.  Till our depth overtook them and they couldn't hit a shot in the final several minutes of regulation.  Mike did a good job as usual managing his substitutions to where our guards and Gafford were available and rested down the stretch.  We were horrible sharing the ball which is uncharacteristic for us.  But a sign of a good team, we still found a way to win. 

Deuce Pigelow

JayHog

When there was 10:01 left in the game and Tennessee was dribbling out out around halfcourt just milking the clock. I said it then, that Barnes is an idiot and is starting that slow down stuff way too soon.
He stopped doing what got them the lead in the first place. Barnes made terrible coaching decisions in the 2nd half. So, no, I don't consider him some great coach by any stretch of the imagination.

edt

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 30, 2017, 02:41:52 pm
I thought both did a good job today.  Impressed with what Barnes has done with the Vols.  They looked good today.  Till our depth overtook them and they couldn't hit a shot in the final several minutes of regulation.  Mike did a good job as usual managing his substitutions to where our guards and Gafford were available and rested down the stretch.  We were horrible sharing the ball which is uncharacteristic for us.  But a sign of a good team, we still found a way to win.

Totally agree. A lot of hero ball today.

BannerMountainMan

Man Anderson coached a Hell of a 2nd half
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

FrJoseph

Hahaha! I love Jumpball....... 😂😂😂😂

FR Joe
You made us for yourself oh God, and are hearts are restless until they rest in you.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: JayHog on December 30, 2017, 02:42:19 pm
When there was 10:01 left in the game and Tennessee was dribbling out out around halfcourt just milking the clock. I said it then, that Barnes is an idiot and is starting that slow down stuff way too soon.
He stopped doing what got them the lead in the first place. Barnes made terrible coaching decisions in the 2nd half. So, no, I don't consider him some great coach by any stretch of the imagination.
I posted that earlier. Terrible, terrible, decision by Barnes.

Fan701

Look, no doubt Barnes is a very good coach and he's revived Tennessee basketball remarkably in his few years there, but MA keeps beating him.  He has yet to beat MA since he came to Tennessee.

Letsroll1200

I still believe in Mike Anderson

azhog10

Rick was fantastic. Had his guys ready to play the full 36 minutes. Wait......you play 40 minutes??

Razor_back

Go Hogs

LRHawg

Quote from: azhog10 on December 30, 2017, 02:47:22 pm
Rick was fantastic. Had his guys ready to play the full 36 minutes. Wait......you play 40 minutes??

Exactly. Played his best two players too much in the second half which led to them fouling out.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: azhog10 on December 30, 2017, 02:47:22 pm

You have to admit, if this had been a high school game we would have been embarrassed.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Razorback_Mack

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

SPAL

Come back and face the music. You made a dumb comment....come on back.

rzrbackramsfan

The OP was dumb, but I can agree that Barnes is a really good coach and has done some really nice things at Tennessee.

jst01

This OP starts way too many threads. I hope this causes him to think twice next time