Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 04, 2024, 04:43:32 pm

I'm a bit worried

Started by Captain Morgan, November 15, 2017, 03:41:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Morgan

No problem in firing of Dr. Long But the timing is bad in my opinion. Now the next coach is either going to be an interim or a guy decided by a group of 75-90 year old men

OtterHog

Did not know Jeff was a doctor

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 15, 2017, 03:41:42 pm
No problem in firing of Dr. Long But the timing is bad in my opinion. Now the next coach is either going to be an interim or a guy decided by a group of 75-90 year old men

Generally, folks get wiser when they age.  I would rather have a 75 year old making the decision than someone half that age.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 15, 2017, 03:42:15 pm
Did not know Jeff was a doctor

You can't be vice chancellor of the university without a getting a Ph. D.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 15, 2017, 03:45:30 pm
You can't be vice chancellor of the university without a doctrine

Exactly what kind of doctrine?
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

HoggyCat

Permanent AD will be in place before black Friday. The new appointees in the BOT are smart enough to know that.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

RME

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 15, 2017, 03:45:30 pm
You can't be vice chancellor of the university without a doctrine

But what if you've been indoctrinated?

Captain Morgan

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 15, 2017, 03:46:46 pm
Permanent AD will be in place before black Friday. The new appointees in the BOT are smart enough to know that.

Smart enough? These guys are the ones I'm worried about... The old timers that had segregated schools and segregated water fountains.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 15, 2017, 03:46:46 pm

Got to beat that rush!

razorsharptusk

GO HOGS!!

cjack

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 15, 2017, 03:50:26 pm
Smart enough? These guys are the ones I'm worried about... The old timers that had segregated schools and segregated water fountains.

Have you seen pictures of them?
Woooo Pig Soooie!

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: East TN HAWG on November 15, 2017, 03:44:05 pm
Generally, folks get wiser when they age.  I would rather have a 75 year old making the decision than someone half that age.

Or senile.

NuttinItUp

Not me. Senility.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: razorsharptusk on November 15, 2017, 04:01:52 pm
What do we have to lose?

Do you mean if they screw up the hiring of the next AD?  Just about everything. 

redhogchilipepper

You don't normally fire someone unless you have someone in mind lined up

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: redhogchilipepper on November 15, 2017, 04:24:37 pm
You don't normally fire someone unless you have someone in mind lined up

Does the timing of this seem to you as if there was any kind of plan?  They couldn't have picked a much worse time to fire the AD.  If they didn't want him to hire the next coach fine.  Just tell him he wouldn't get to choose. He was forced to hire Petrino and Anderson if this board is to be believed, so why not let him stay on as AD hire whoever they told him to hire as the next coach and then let him go in 6 months or a year instead of firing him right before the season is over and right before we will likely be looking for a new coach?  looking for a new coach and a new AD at the same time is a cluster f***

Tusks

HEY GET OFF MY RAZORBACK PAGE!
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Grunt

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 15, 2017, 03:41:42 pm
We might find a package; a coach who stipulates his AD or an AD who stipulates his coach.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 15, 2017, 03:46:38 pm

back off, man. lettem have the debate....:)
The rest of the frog.

HiggiePiggy

Really? So you are cool with the direction our country is going as far as politics? 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

The Hawg Marshal

I've got a copy of the Monroe doctrine, am I eligible to be the AD?

sickboy

Gernerally, folks get more out of touch with current trends with age. Depends on the 75 year old though. That's my worry.

Seebs

I believe Jeff Long got his PHD in Veterinary medicine wit ha specialty in  Bovine relations.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

RedRock

Everything you are watching played out weeks ago.  I am confident AD and coach have been identified.  Normally in business, vip decisions are not made when announcements happen.  But then again, Bert was 5th man on the list.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sickboy on November 15, 2017, 05:13:01 pm
Gernerally, folks get more out of touch with current trends with age. Depends on the 75 year old though. That's my worry.

Age votes with wisdom, not memories.

Wise hiring practices.
1.) Find someone who is currently successful.
That's it. Rule #1.
After that everything else sorts itself out. These guys are not going to hire someone as HC that is not prepared. They are going to go after the most successful person they can find, not a young up and comer. They are going to look from a pool of power 5 guys and find the best one they can get here.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

THINK and you will start to come up with an answer.  Do you really believe Long got fired over hiring Bielema and maybe missing on another coach or two?  That is easily overcome by forcing Jeff to get assistance n his hiring of coaches.

I got absolutely no proof, none, but I believe big money things may have popped up in an audit of the AD office.  Maybe huge cost overruns, maybe way too many folks on the payroll, maybe other things that is not normal.  No way did he get fired for his poor coach choosing decisions.  These folks turned over the department to Jeff and just sort of turned their collective heads.  He was Mr. Integrity, very smart man, loved by his peers, etc..  I am totally guessing but I suspect he screwed up nearly everything he touched.  We may never know.

Remember , we got a temp AD, we got the movers and shakers who will make the coach decision anyway.  We got everything we need to hire a new coach tomorrow if we should choose to. 

I am not sure anyone really knows but if rumor is correct, should Gus come and bring his assistants, then there isn't any buyout, we pick up the assistants salaries and hire them in if they want to come.