Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please new AD - Schedule ASUjr!!!

Started by GunnerHawg70, November 15, 2017, 02:39:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GunnerHawg70

Biggest game in the state of Arkansas!!! This will literally be an in state civil war keeping ALL revenue in state!!! Makes sense to me!!!

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 15, 2017, 02:39:27 pm
Biggest game in the state of Arkansas!!! This will literally be an in state civil war keeping ALL revenue in state!!! Makes sense to me!!!

No way. Arkansas needs to go back to being nationally relevant again, not play ASU.

code red

IDC.  As long as they are all in Fville.   
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Roy Bacon

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 15, 2017, 02:39:27 pm

that's the least of our concerns in fact, it's not a concern at all .
Just say no to the forward facing Hog !

Cotton

Boy the Jonesboro trolls sure are out in full force today.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Hog-Corleone

I'm good with playing Arizona State University...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Torqued pork

About as smart as Wal-Mart offering free floor space to Target.

TeufelHog

I'll repeat - NOPE . . . nothing to gain, everything to lose for the University of Arkansas.  Would be a short-sighted decision.

The Kig

We need to schedule cupcakes...when they are cupcakes.  Barely beating a 1-7 CC team means nobody is a cupcake for us.  Never been any value to UA to play the Jonesboro JC.
Poker Porker

roothawg

It is silly not to play asu. Crap the hogs play teams in the sunbelt every year. This is not the 1950S and I don't see any team in the USA suffering because they play a team In their state. Go Hogs

STLhawg

The UofA has little to gain and much to lose by playing the red-headed stepchild.  The only people that think it makes sense are ASU fans (because that game for their team means a chance at high reward with very little risk).

We'd have to pay ASU those same millions else they would be losing $ to play us -- which means more tax $ to prop them up.  And if we don't play them then another P5 team will -- so they aren't missing out on any $ but us not playing them.  So where does the UofA get ANY benefit?

TM Hog

Think about it. Why does ASU want this game soooooooooo bad?? They believe it will elevate their stature in the state, split the fan base and help their program become more relevant nationally at the EXPENSE of the Razorbacks.  I'm sorry that many don't see this.  I never want to play them.  I don't want a Mississippi situation.  Sorry folks but Broyles was right about this.

HogScoutMaster

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

factchecker

The keep money instate argument is bunk.

The money jonesboro state makes from playing Alabama or Nebraska will always be more than what we will ever pay them.  Travel expenses alone dictates that we wouldn't need to pay them millions to play.

Also, it's more beneficial for the instate welfare programs to take money from out of state schools. I'd rather have kansas state and nebrasaka cut the welfare check for jonesboro state and conway college.  Those schools already take enough money from Arkansas taxpayers via subsidies and student fees ----- there is no reason for the Razorbacks to prop them up anymore.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Roy Bacon on November 15, 2017, 02:49:23 pm
that's the least of our concerns in fact, it's not a concern at all .
Hello newbie!!!

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

GunnerHawg70

Damn - Trash... oh well, Hogs play smaller schools all the time so why not A-State?!?! That everything to lose nothing to gain is old people holding on to ridiculous outdated reasoning...BTW, I hate A-State so I'm not a troll HV Internet gurus

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: factchecker on November 15, 2017, 03:15:44 pm
jonesboro state can go fly a kite.

no respect for fans who celebrate Frank Broyles' passing:

http://scout.com/college/arkansas-state/Board/105452/Contents/Frank-Broyles-106130623

More the reason to play them and beat the brakes off em!!!

GunnerHawg70

I bet if it ever happened, THE ENTIRE STATE AND NATION WOULD BE TUNED IN!!!

factchecker

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 15, 2017, 03:18:20 pm
More the reason to play them and beat the brakes off em!!!

Nah..... our method of ignoring them seems to work better.

Plus us not caring about them helps them in the long run.

They benefit from being a non-existent, fledgling program that nobody cares about.

Think about it.  They got beat by a horrible South Alabama team last week and nobody on this board said a thing.  I didn't hear one Arkansas media member talk about that game. Nobody cares.

Same thing with little rock college getting beat by Ouachita Baptist in basketball.  Nobody cares.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: factchecker on November 15, 2017, 03:23:50 pm
Nah..... our method of ignoring them seems to work better.

Plus us not caring about them helps them in the long run.

They benefit from being a non-existent, fledgling program that nobody cares about.

Think about it.  They got beat by a horrible South Alabama team last week and nobody on this board said a thing.  I didn't hear one Arkansas media member talk about that game. Nobody cares.

Same thing with little rock college getting beat by Ouachita Baptist in basketball.  Nobody cares.

Still say it would be the biggest draw in the state...ya can't deny that one

cosmodrum

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 15, 2017, 03:19:34 pm

Entire nation? Lay off them bath salts
Go away, batin'

GunnerHawg70

Think I'm gonna stay here in the Trash forum...more fun and sensible than MMQB rhetoric  ;)

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 15, 2017, 03:32:28 pm
Entire nation? Lay off them bath salts

Ok the Nation is far fetch tall tale but it garner national media attention and the biggest draw in the state...that's real talk and factual

STLhawg

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 15, 2017, 03:17:24 pm
Damn - Trash... oh well, Hogs play smaller schools all the time so why not A-State?!?! That everything to lose nothing to gain is old people holding on to ridiculous outdated reasoning...BTW, I hate A-State so I'm not a troll HV Internet gurus
I explained it in my post above and others elaborated how it would cost the state more for them to play.  I guess that doesn't fit your agenda so you ignore those facts. 

STLhawg

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 15, 2017, 03:19:34 pm
The entire nation?  BWWAHAHAHAHA

You are either a troll or just not very smart.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: STLhawg on November 15, 2017, 03:37:12 pm

Buddy...it was a joke...go back to MMQB.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: STLhawg on November 15, 2017, 03:37:12 pm

Your mom is not very smart trolling for....oh you know the rest...lol

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: STLhawg on November 15, 2017, 03:35:32 pm
I explained it in my post above and others elaborated how it would cost the state more for them to play.  I guess that doesn't fit your agenda so you ignore those facts.

STLhawg - Booooooo!!! Smart assery d-bag hanging out in the Trash!!! Go back to MMQB where you be an arse!!! TRASH FORUM RULEZ!!!!

GolfNut57

Awesome....ANOTHER thread about the Pigs playing ASU on Hogville that was started by a PIG fan....hahahaha...

I swear....sometimes I think one of you Pig fans start these types of threads just to give your buddies another chance to bash Arkansas State University.

I sure am glad my school is so irrelevant that we get absolutely zero attention from you guys..........oh wait...... ;)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 15, 2017, 03:46:12 pm
Awesome....ANOTHER thread about the Pigs playing ASU on Hogville that was started by a PIG fan....hahahaha...

I swear....sometimes I think one of you Pig fans start these types of threads just to give your buddies another chance to bash Arkansas State University.

I sure am glad my school is so irrelevant that we get absolutely zero attention from you guys..........oh wait...... ;)

Dude - imagine the week leading up to game time...Multiple fights tailgating, hostile fans divided by Hogs and Wolves!!! I'm a Hog for life but I still believe it would be a cool thing for the entire state...

STLhawg

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 15, 2017, 03:34:40 pm
Ok the Nation is far fetch tall tale but it garner national media attention and the biggest draw in the state...that's real talk and factual
You really think it would get national attention?  Wow, you are so out of touch. LOL  What color is the sky in your world?

GolfNut57

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 15, 2017, 03:50:12 pm
Dude - imagine the week leading up to game time...Multiple fights tailgating, hostile fans divided by Hogs and Wolves!!! I'm a Hog for life but I still believe it would be a cool thing for the entire state...

Sorry but most of us ASU fans have no wish to play the Pigs of Pigletville, AR.

We don't need the shame that would ensue from playing a weaker P5 school than we normally schedule. we will just stick to scheduling the likes of Oregon, Auburn, Bama, and Miami. Those games will bring in more prestige than playing Arkansas would.  ;)

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GolfNut57

Quote from: STLhawg on November 15, 2017, 03:55:41 pm
You really think it would get national attention?  Wow, you are so out of touch. LOL  What color is the sky in your world?

Oh it would garner national attention alright. Simply because the game would be a change from Arkansas's normal policy regarding instate teams. Other than that it wouldn't get anymore than any other game.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: STLhawg on November 15, 2017, 03:55:41 pm

Green and purple you sissified Internet bully!!! If ya don't like talking in "Da Trash" then carry your arse back to MMQB...

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 15, 2017, 03:59:12 pm
Oh it would garner national attention alright. Simply because the game would be a change from Arkansas's normal policy regarding instate teams. Other than that it wouldn't get anymore than any other game.

True...I still think it'll break any record (in state) for largest attendance at either of the three stadiums...it'll be nuts!!! TRASH FORUM RULEZ!!!

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 15, 2017, 03:57:15 pm
Sorry but most of us ASU fans have no wish to play the Pigs of Pigletville, AR.

We don't need the shame that would ensue from playing a weaker P5 school than we normally schedule. we will just stick to scheduling the likes of Oregon, Auburn, Bama, and Miami. Those games will bring in more prestige than playing Arkansas would.  ;)

Daaaaaaamn!!! You guys can't even put arses in seats!!! Playing the Hogs would improve ASU's quality of life!!! Red Indian Wolves can suck it!!! Lol🤣

GolfNut57

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 15, 2017, 04:19:00 pm
Daaaaaaamn!!! You guys can't even put arses in seats!!! Playing the Hogs would improve ASU's quality of life!!! Red Indian Wolves can suck it!!! Lol🤣

Nah......we will just wait until your team gets back to full strength and then that way IF and when they ever played and if ASU happened to win the game nobody could claim ASU only won because it was a bad year for the Pigs.

PS. playing the Pigs would not improve ASUs life anymore than playing the likes of Bama, Auburn and the other teams of that quality. Probably make it worse at that. I am sure your school would not want to pay ASU the same kind of money Bama is going to pay us next year.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 15, 2017, 04:28:01 pm
Nah......we will just wait until your team gets back to full strength and then that way IF and when they ever played and if ASU happened to win the game nobody could claim ASU only won because it was a bad year for the Pigs.

PS. playing the Pigs would not improve ASUs life anymore than playing the likes of Bama, Auburn and the other teams of that quality. Probably make it worse at that. I am sure your school would not want to pay ASU the same kind of money Bama is going to pay us next year.

Meh, you're probably right...Hogs won't pay that kind of Bama money but t-shirt sales would be through roof!!! Diamond State Rivalry!!! War Pigs vs. Wolf dude...lol

GolfNut57

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 15, 2017, 04:48:11 pm
Meh, you're probably right...Hogs won't pay that kind of Bama money but t-shirt sales would be through roof!!! Diamond State Rivalry!!! War Pigs vs. Wolf dude...lol

You really think Walmart can handle the bigger increase of of new Pig fans simply because they could buy a Pig T-shirt at Wallyworld? God knows you won't catch Walmart selling Red Wolf shirts.......except in Jonesboro.