Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was anyone else lowkey rooting for us to lose today?

Started by woopigsooie1222, November 11, 2017, 04:45:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woopigsooie1222

I have been a hog fan all my life, but I'm so tired of Bert that part of my wants us to lose out. I started doing this before the Ole Miss game, and I wanted CC to beat us so that we could just rip the band-aid off and can him.

I'm ashamed to admit it but I'm so tired of watching our entire program fall apart week after week.
The South Will Rise Again!

ShadowHawg

Root for these guys anyway. We have zero control over coaching changes. The chances that we win even one more are slim right now.

ricepig

TheEnemy

Never have rooted for us to lose.

When it gets that bad maybe you need to take a break for awhile.

The Hawg Marshal

No. I was actually excited when we tied them near halftime. It just doesn't bother me as much when we lose as it used to.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: woopigsooie1222 on November 11, 2017, 04:45:02 pm
I have been a hog fan all my life, but I'm so tired of Bert that part of my wants us to lose out. I started doing this before the Ole Miss game, and I wanted CC to beat us so that we could just rip the band-aid off and can him.

I'm ashamed to admit it but I'm so tired of watching our entire program fall apart week after week.

Wow bruh😳...Nope, not at all. I get the frustration as a FAN but it would've been awesome to see those dudes win the Boot!!! So no sir, never root for the Hogs to lose...Sorry buds

Hawghiggs

Call it whatever you want. I'm flat out done with Bert. I didn't even bother watching the game today. As long as he is the coach. I simply don't care anymore.

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

elksnort

NO

The time I do this, I need to re evaluate my standards.

Deep Shoat

I'll say it again, if you root for us to lose for any reason you are a "Me" fan, not a Hog fan.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Bogghawg

Did not and would not want us to lose for the player's sake.  But I also didn't watch or listen to it.  I can count using only my fingers the times that has happened with me in the past 51 years.  Just weary of it.  Looking forward to a fresh start next season.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

UA1985

No! The players chose Arkansas over other schools and I always want them to have the best experience possible here. Never, ever root against our kids.

Ex-Trumpet

I actually fell asleep during the game. That hasn't happened since ever.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

factchecker

Quote from: elksnort on November 11, 2017, 04:56:25 pm
NO

The time I do this, I need to re evaluate my standards.

Agreed.

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 11, 2017, 04:57:23 pm
I'll say it again, if you root for us to lose for any reason you are a "Me" fan, not a Hog fan.

Amen.

Quote from: UA1985 on November 11, 2017, 05:03:12 pm
No! The players chose Arkansas over other schools and I always want them to have the best experience possible here. Never, ever root against our kids.

I couldn't agree more.

Quote from: Hawghiggs on November 11, 2017, 04:53:08 pm
Call it whatever you want. I'm flat out done with Bert. I didn't even bother watching the game today. As long as he is the coach. I simply don't care anymore.

Indifference and apathy sucks.  However, that is much better than actively rooting for us to lose.

The need to lose is not there anymore.  Bielema is gone.  Cheer for the players.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Seebs

I was giddy at halftime. then I remembered ... halftime.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

East Clintwood

No.  Didn't have to.

There was never the slightest chance that we would not lose this game.

I too, fell asleep and missed most of the first half and the start of the 3rd quarter.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Mo_Better_Hogs

No. That was the worst part of the Nutt ending--people not only openly rooting for the other team, but criticizing those of us who were still behind the team. (The team, not Nutt.) We've entered that area again. It's disgusting.

Dropkick

hogoffate

That would be like hoping N. Korea nukes Seattle just so we can launch on their a**

NEVER is the only answer

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on November 11, 2017, 05:19:09 pm
No. That was the worst part of the Nutt ending--people not only openly rooting for the other team, but criticizing those of us who were still behind the team. (The team, not Nutt.) We've entered that area again. It's disgusting.

Nutt was way different. The 2 year pass made a lot of people angry. People were already losing faith prior to that. Then you had Broyles down playing fan frustrations by saying only 5% of the fans were unhappy with Nutt.

Basically the fans put up with Nutt 3 seasons longer than they wanted.

moses_007

Part of me wanted us to beat LSU, another part wanted another big loss so Bielema would for sure be gone.

As LSU continued to score it didn't bother me one bit.  I am so used to losing now that another loss simply doesn't hurt anymore.

factchecker

Quote from: moses_007 on November 11, 2017, 05:44:31 pm
Part of me wanted us to beat LSU, another part wanted another big loss so Bielema would for sure be gone.

That's not needed.

Bielema is gone.

Root for the Razorbacks..... not the coach.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jgphillips3

I wasn't rooting against us.  I didn't really care.  I watched because, apparently, I'm a masochist.  I knew LSU was going to whip us.  MSU is going to humiliate us.  Mizzou may be a 55-48 kind of game.

hoglady

I sang the Hog fight song when the Hogs scored / and Hey Fighting Tigers when LSU scored.

I watched the game - rooted for the Hogs to win, knew they wouldn't - so just looked at the loss as another nail in Bielema's coffin. Upset we lost - nope. I'm well past the point of getting mad and upset. This coaching staff has managed to just suck out any excitement around this football program.

At this point the only thing I'm excited about is who the next coach might be and how soon he's going to get here.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

jlhogfan

Good lord, for real?  Never, would I root for a loss!

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

buldozer

I have never pulled for any team the Hogs were playing.... for over 5 decades. Once a Hog, always a Hog. Also never rooted for LSU!

DoctorSusscrofa

There's lots of fans at Arkansas like that. Fair weather fans.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

goodguytex

I will never ever cheer for another team over the Hogs. To do so would be a betrayal of everything I've grown up as a Hog fan. I just couldn't do it. Especially cheer for us to lose to teams like Ole Miss, LSU, Misstake? Mizzery? Nope. I can't do it. I won't. I love the Hogs too much. I support the team, those players and their families that sacrifice so much so those kids can go our there and wear that Razorback every week.

colbs

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

WorfHog

The kids work too hard for me to root against them.

Ragnar Hogbrok

I will never, ever root against the Hogs.  I was born and raised going to Hog games at both WM and RRS.  Some of my earliest memories are of me wearing my Kosh B'Gosh overalls to the games and calling the Hogs in the early 1980s.

My dead grandfather would reanimated and whoop me real good if I ever dared cheer against the Hogs.  And I'd deserve every bit of the beating.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

hamsam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Hoggie17

I always pull for Arkansas to win, that's why I want BB gone.

PossumFan

Nope, not me.

But I guarantee you there are a bunch of Bielema haters on this board who were rooting for LSU but aren't 'fessing up.

ChitownHawg

I was cheering for them to win, but gut told me it would take a lights out performance by us.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ThisTeetsTaken

I see it as cutting off a rotten foot to save the leg.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

snoblind

FaytownHog

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 11, 2017, 09:20:05 pm
I always pull for Arkansas to win, that's why I want BB gone.
This. It's for the greater good. If you want to win, we need another coach. A "big" win over a team like LSU might mess around and save his job, even if just for another year, which is worse since recruiting and everything else would just be further lost bc everyone knows he's a sitting duck.

Hoggie17

Quote from: ChitownHawg on November 11, 2017, 09:52:32 pm
I was cheering for them to win, but gut told me it would take a lights out performance by us.
Most of the people want the Hogs to win every game, they love and want to keep any coach that can do that.

gohogs1969

Some of our fans are true idiots. Never wanted to root against the Hogs. If a Hog fan told me that in person, my initial reaction would be to want to punch them in the face.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: gohogs1969 on November 11, 2017, 11:37:23 pm
Some of our fans are true idiots. Never wanted to root against the Hogs. If a Hog fan told me that in person, my initial reaction would be to want to punch them in the face.

Yes!
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Maddhog

I would never wish bad for those young men, especially the seniors.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

porkrindjimmy

No....and you should be ashamed.

No matter how low it sinks, you never root for this team to lose.

PRJ

EastexHawg

Quote from: hogoffate on November 11, 2017, 05:26:00 pm
That would be like hoping N. Korea nukes Seattle just so we can launch on their a**

NEVER is the only answer

Actually it wouldn't be anything like that.  Not even close.

hobhog

Copied and attached to every future post of this loser

LZH

I have basically lost interest. I'll post on here every now and then, but everybody knows where I stand. I said it the first year he was here, he is not a leader but he wants to be buddies with these kids instead a of discipline coach that knows how to lead.