Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McTelvin Agim, Linebacker

Started by lasthog, September 17, 2017, 05:36:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lasthog

Okay, he is our best defensive player, but other posters have opined that he is a prototypical 4-3 DE, but an underutilized talent in 3-4, filling gaps rather than penetrating.

When I saw Delvin White at LB for LSU, then began remembering the giant Bama LB from a few years ago (now NFL all-pro, I believe) I thought why not McTelvin?

The man has been timed at a 4.59 forty, played receiver, running back, returned kicks, and destroyed opposing offenses in H.S.

If a few pounds lighter than present, and assuming he would have the speed mentioned above, could the man possibly be a fearsome LB?

OKAY, this post is a little bit of thinking outside the box, a lot more just making a lighthearted post, but still...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

There's thinking outside the box and then there's this...

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Josh Goforth

He has been getting reached, blocked down and pretty much handle on run plays in the first two games. Not really undersized, maybe in reach and height. Agim has looked like a top level pass rusher in those situations, but I just don't think he is a cover guy that can stay with a back if needed.

twistitup

We don't need any changes at this point - just learn the system and let's get some W's
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

The_Iceman

He requires more than one defender to block him. That's what you need up front in a 3-4. He may not make the plays, but he frees up others to do so.

jgphillips3

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 17, 2017, 07:46:22 pm
He requires more than one defender to block him. That's what you need up front in a 3-4. He may not make the plays, but he frees up others to do so.

Exactly.  Philon feasted when Flowers demanded a double team.

zane

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 17, 2017, 07:46:22 pm

You're ruining the narrative
RIP LSUfan

lasthog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 17, 2017, 05:38:10 pm
There's thinking outside the box and then there's this...

Truth goes through three phases. First it is ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted when it becomes self-evident.  ;) ;D

Googled it.

PorkRinds

I think CBB has proven that since Derby, players successfully switching positions hasn't been his specialty.

hoglady

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 17, 2017, 10:48:09 pm
I think CBB has proven that since Derby, players successfully switching positions hasn't been his specialty.

Watched Derby play for Denver tonight.
Kid sure had an unconventional college career on his way to the pros as a TE, but he sure has made the most of it.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

zebradynasty

Too late for such a move this year (Not saying it's good idea). He may have ran 4.6 but I bet he doesn't now not with the weight he is carrying. We need our LB's to be LB's or recruit some that can!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: lasthog on September 17, 2017, 10:40:37 pm
Truth goes through three phases. First it is ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted when it becomes self-evident.  ;) ;D

Googled it.

That google can make an ASS OUT OF YOU...  ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hoglady on September 17, 2017, 11:38:19 pm
Watched Derby play for Denver tonight.
Kid sure had an unconventional college career on his way to the pros as a TE, but he sure has made the most of it.

Yeah,

He could put up some nice numbers this year...

lasthog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 18, 2017, 11:56:02 am
That google can make an ASS OUT OF YOU...  ;)

Great friendly post from you. Hard to have a little fun with some folks.

draftkings33

Saw Agim play a lot in HS.  He is too stiff for LB