Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret & Jen (I hope they read this)

Started by Steef, September 17, 2017, 11:20:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelliousHog

Personally, I feel some of the people being the most snide with remarks ("Burt"  "Bert"  his weight, clothes, snide remarks about Jen [which are so totally uncalled for, I think they should be banned]) goes back to Petrino being fired in the first place. They are so incensed that a coach who possibly was bringing Arkansas back to national prominence, that they resort to childish behavior. Just the fact that BP is constantly brought in threads backs my supposition.

As Steef said, this snide behavior began immediately after BB's hire. The reason? He ain't BP.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HenduHog on September 17, 2017, 08:08:39 pm
Personally, I feel some of the people being the most snide with remarks ("Burt"  "Bert"  his weight, clothes, snide remarks about Jen [which are so totally uncalled for, I think they should be banned]) goes back to Petrino being fired in the first place. They are so incensed that a coach who possibly was bringing Arkansas back to national prominence, that they resort to childish behavior. Just the fact that BP is constantly brought in threads backs my supposition.

As Steef said, this snide behavior began immediately after BB's hire. The reason? He ain't BP.

Definitely with some.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HenduHog on September 17, 2017, 08:08:39 pm

Could be right but I think snide behavior, crude remarks etc.. are products of the social media age we live in... where people can hide behind a keyboard and say what they want.. what's anybody going to do..  Look around outside of HV, it's being perpetuated by the highest office in our land... people think it's funny when it fits there agenda and pitiful when it doesn't...

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Steef on September 17, 2017, 11:20:51 am
There's a lot of anger towards our coaching staff in the fanbase right now. And whether or not you think it's deserved, it has taken... and for the most part always been... nasty.

Whatever you think of Bret Bielema's coaching, this guy is a decent man. He may not have built our team into a powerhouse, but he's treated the players right, he's treated the fans right, and he's treated the State right.

In general, the University and State have reciprocated. He's been dealt with professionally and fairly.

But a lot of the fanbase is classless.
Observing his weight... has nothing to do with football. It's just mean and small.
Comments about his attire... have nothing to do with football. Ditto.
Snide misuse of his name... has nothing to do with football. And stupid. There's far more intelligent (and less lemming-like) ways to insult someone.
And yes, we all know he's well paid.

Unsavory remarks about his wife... well, you get it. Yes, she's pretty. Get over it.

Meantime, Jen started her time here as a new but classy Head Cheerleader, until the fanbase leered her down. She has never been ANYTHING towards us... but a Lady.

It needs to be said: The Bielema's... have been FAR classier... than the fans they've served.

Unless something really wonderful occurs, they will no doubt be looking for a new venue soon. And their memories of Hog fans will be just another embarrassment for us.

It sure looks like Atlanta belongs to Nick for as long as he wants it. It also looks like Bret won't be challenging that any time soon. But he doesn't deserve the personal attacks he's endured.

Stay classy, Hogville.

Well said.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

pigskenG

As a long time Razorback fan, I agree. If coach can figure out how to recruit like the Bama's & LSU's, coaching a  10 - 12 win team will become easier. (although no other Razorback football coach that I can remember has done it). Or we can switch to the spread offense, which is kind of an equalizer in talent. (but I don't like it. holding up pictures to call plays and a running QB that can't read defenses or get under center. kind of like 7 on 7 football but with more positions). Now some head coaches recruit better than us but still can't do much better (Les Miles, Butch Jones, McElwain, for example). But I think Coach Bielema is a better coach. Everything else Coach B is doing is great, and I for one want him to stay as our coach.

Ugly Uncle

This thread OP should be stickied.  Great words Steef.
Retired Radio Host

forrest city joe

Quote from: ChicoHog on September 17, 2017, 07:00:14 pm
Uh, no.  2 tournament appearances in 6 years is not winning a lot.  Now go back to your man cave that is full of Mike Anderson portraits. 
Mike has won 25 or more games in 2 of the last 3 years. he has done a nice rebuild of the program. and he's is recruiting very well right now. the basketball program is in great hands.would have beat UNC if not for the refs. so just stop it.

PossumFan

I applaud the OP. I've been trying from time to time to shame those who resort to the cheap personal attacks, but some folks simply have no shame.

The excuse that Bielema doesn't win enough is a hollow one indeed. If that's your beef (and I will acknowledge it is a legitimate one), why not keep the comments focused, in a civil and thoughtful manner, on what's wrong and what the current staff can do to fix it.

I try to remind myself that the vast majority of Hog fans are not on this board and likely are not as immature and volatile as the haters on here.

Swestwill66

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 17, 2017, 05:35:52 pm
I think 98% of the Beilema negativity has been about coaching the team to wins or losses.  It's about winning games, not much else.  I could care less what he wears or looks like or what his wife is doing.  Fans are simply disgruntled with the 3-7 mark in the last 10 games against Power 5 conference teams.  (Record verified by FactChecker).
BINGO!

jkstock04

Reading through the rest of this thread I'm starting to get the idea that the opinions of "personal attacks" are different among others.

If I say Bielema has overall sucked as the Hog coach (I do believe he has) is that a "personal attack"? I think to many of you, you say it is. To me a "personal"' attack is an attack on something other than football.

I keep seeing his wifes looks referenced as if those are personal attacks. My take on that is its an embarrassment to our fanbase...but not an attack. That's just homer fans being homer fans clinging to anything "cool" or positive. They act like they havent much seen women their entire lives, and say things like "young hot wife" and such...to me it's embarrassing to read that stuff because it shouts uneducated and never been outside moms house to see the opposite sex...but it's not a personal attack. So I'm not really seeing that one either. I'm assuming social media (Twitter?) are where the bikini clad pics with the high heels came from from. I've seen this posted on Hogville a few times. Common sense to me says if you post things like that of yourself or your wife on social media it's gonna bring the weird comments.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

gawntrail

My criticism has always been about the product he provides.  I don't recall a personal insult.  But, I may have.  Meh.....

CBB does deserve to be taken to task on a personal level for bus driving Hedlund on TV.  That was classless.  Ate away the last ounce of goodwill as I see it.

Hog N Bama

Of course CBB is a good person. He just doesn't win football games. Good grief!

hogcard1964

Quote from: gawntrail on September 18, 2017, 07:00:25 am
My criticism has always been about the product he provides.  I don't recall a personal insult.  But, I may have.  Meh.....

CBB does deserve to be taken to task on a personal level for bus driving Hedlund on TV.  That was classless.  Ate away the last ounce of goodwill as I see it.

I've never seen a personal attack against his wife.  Why anyone would do that, is insane.  I have seen some directed at Bret for obvious reasons.

Did he ever apologize publicly to Hedlund?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 18, 2017, 12:04:28 am
Reading through the rest of this thread I'm starting to get the idea that the opinions of "personal attacks" are different among others.

If I say Bielema has overall sucked as the Hog coach (I do believe he has) is that a "personal attack"? I think to many of you, you say it is. To me a "personal"' attack is an attack on something other than football.

I keep seeing his wifes looks referenced as if those are personal attacks. My take on that is its an embarrassment to our fanbase...but not an attack. That's just homer fans being homer fans clinging to anything "cool" or positive. They act like they havent much seen women their entire lives, and say things like "young hot wife" and such...to me it's embarrassing to read that stuff because it shouts uneducated and never been outside moms house to see the opposite sex...but it's not a personal attack. So I'm not really seeing that one either. I'm assuming social media (Twitter?) are where the bikini clad pics with the high heels came from from. I've seen this posted on Hogville a few times. Common sense to me says if you post things like that of yourself or your wife on social media it's gonna bring the weird comments.
Hogs up! Covid down!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hawgon

September 18, 2017, 10:05:45 am #165 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:16:22 am by hawgon
I fail to see how calling Bielema, Bert, is any worse than Hootie, Nick Satan, Kifficans, or any other of a hundred mildly pejorative monikers attached to various college coaches.  Many of them are used everyday in this board by some of the same people crying in this thread about Bert.

As for his weight, well, the dude is at least 150 pounds overweight and no one with any sense says that being that much overweight has no effect on one's day-to-day life.  It does and it may well have an effect on his ability to coach and put in the kind of hours needed.  And as for the way he dresses, I've always hated it because the way one dresses is a sign of respect for those around you.  If I took a child up for a recruiting visit and Bielema showed up in flip flops and a shorts, we'd turn around and walk out the door.  I would not hire a job applicant who thought so little of me, the job, or themselves as to show up dressed that way, and I would think even less of a coach who dressed that way while trying to persuade my son to play for him.

And finally, as to Jen, I haven't seen anyone saying bad things about her.  On the other hand, if you want your wife out of it, keep her out of it.  Very few of us even know what Bob Stoops' or Les Miles' wives even look like.  Yet, the whole country knows Jen Bielema because she loved to tweet out pics of herself in a bikini.  And of course, there was a television show where she was on it every week too.

Redhogs

Quote from: hawgon on September 18, 2017, 10:05:45 am
I fail to see how calling Bielema, Bert, is any worse than Hootie, Nick Satan, Kifficans, or any other of a hundred mildly pejorative monikers attached to various college coaches.  Many of them are used everyday in this board by some of the same people crying in this thread about Bert.

As for his weight, well, the dude is at least 150 pounds overweight and no one with any sense says that being that much overweight has no effect on one's day-to-day life.  It does and it may well have an effect on his ability to coach and put in the kind of hours needed.  And as for the way he dresses, I've always hated it because the way one dresses is a sign of respect for those around you.  If I took a child up for a recruiting visit and Bielema showed up in flip flops and a shorts, we'd turn around and walk out the door.  I would not hire a job applicant who thought so little of me, the job, or themselves as to show up dressed that way, and I would think even less if a coach who dressed that way while trying to persuade my son to play for him.

And finally, as to Jen, I haven't seen anyone saying bad things about her.  On the other hand, if you want your wife out of it, keep her out of it.  Very few of us even know what Bob Stoops' or Les Miles' wives even look like.  Yet, the whole country knows Jen Bielema because she loved to tweet out pics of herself in a bikini.  And of course, there was a television show where she was on it every week too.
All true.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

jjsam

I agree but I think he is over his head being in the SEC!!  10-22 in SEC..... he is a good guy but he just not getting the job done!!! Salary and buyout is RIDICULOUS!!!

AugustaHog

I agree on what the OP said, particularly his family.  That's completely out of bounds.  If you want to hammer him with insults, sure it's juvenile but he signed up for the glory of winning and the scrutiny of losing.  There are nutjobs in every fanbase who are going to push the limits, hopefully ours don't go to far.

codeHog

Speaking of.... Wondering IF he reads this, I would like to know IF he has any idea how bad he damages his image with his sideline robot act?

Does he know how many fans would care for him IF he actually acted like he gave a ship about what was going on on the field?

IF you are making $4.4 million a year would you change up a few things to keep your job?

Cinco de Hogo

As for his weight, well, the dude is at least 150 pounds overweight and no one with any sense says that being that much overweight has no effect on one's day-to-day life.  It does and it may well have an effect on his ability to coach and put in the kind of hours needed.  And as for the way he dresses, I've always hated it because the way one dresses is a sign of respect for those around you.  If I took a child up for a recruiting visit and Bielema showed up in flip flops and a shorts, we'd turn around and walk out the door.  I would not hire a job applicant who thought so little of me, the job, or themselves as to show up dressed that way, and I would think even less of a coach who dressed that way while trying to persuade my son to play for him.

Now this is a post that really makes some sense of the situation.  +1

This over the top ideology about how a football fan should act has gotten as old as the uncommon mantra.  I wonder if the OP ever wrote such a post between 2008 and 2012.  Haha I already know I'm gonna get derogatory comments about myself and a former coach.  I posted a though earlier about extremism, extremism is only good for one side, usually the other side is satan. 

Answer this riddle, is it better to tell an outright lie so as to put yourself or the program in a better light or to call a person a fat son of a Hog farmer, which is true.  I'm serious, you people get up in your high horses and give me an answer.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: AugustaHog on September 18, 2017, 10:16:06 am
I agree on what the OP said, particularly his family.  That's completely out of bounds.  If you want to hammer him with insults, sure it's juvenile but he signed up for the glory of winning and the scrutiny of losing.  There are nutjobs in every fanbase who are going to push the limits, hopefully ours don't go to far.

Things is the deal about family is a fabric of the OP's imagination.  Posters have repeatedly said they haven't seen that.

The NewEra

Quote from: Steef on September 17, 2017, 11:45:16 am
If we delete/move every post that attacks Bret, there wouldn't be much left in MMQB right now.

Would that be that bad?  How about just deleting the ones with personal attacks like the ones you mentioned in your OP.  At least you would be standing up for something.  I'm amazed at what's been allowed on this website since many of the Mods have decided it's time for Bielema to go.

Kevin

you can criticize with class.
keep it football based, his wife out of it.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

1highhog

Quote from: Steef on September 17, 2017, 11:20:51 am
There's a lot of anger towards our coaching staff in the fanbase right now. And whether or not you think it's deserved, it has taken... and for the most part always been... nasty.

Whatever you think of Bret Bielema's coaching, this guy is a decent man. He may not have built our team into a powerhouse, but he's treated the players right, he's treated the fans right, and he's treated the State right.

In general, the University and State have reciprocated. He's been dealt with professionally and fairly.

But a lot of the fanbase is classless.
Observing his weight... has nothing to do with football. It's just mean and small.
Comments about his attire... have nothing to do with football. Ditto.
Snide misuse of his name... has nothing to do with football. And stupid. There's far more intelligent (and less lemming-like) ways to insult someone.
And yes, we all know he's well paid.

Unsavory remarks about his wife... well, you get it. Yes, she's pretty. Get over it.

Meantime, Jen started her time here as a new but classy Head Cheerleader, until the fanbase leered her down. She has never been ANYTHING towards us... but a Lady.

It needs to be said: The Bielema's... have been FAR classier... than the fans they've served.

Unless something really wonderful occurs, they will no doubt be looking for a new venue soon. And their memories of Hog fans will be just another embarrassment for us.

It sure looks like Atlanta belongs to Nick for as long as he wants it. It also looks like Bret won't be challenging that any time soon. But he doesn't deserve the personal attacks he's endured.

Stay classy, Hogville.

Very well said and I agree 100%.  In the constant belittling of Bret Bielema's name I think back to what a bunch of snotty nosed kids resort to do when they start to make fun of a new kid or what boys do when they like a girl but don't know what else to do to get her attention so they start making fun of her name somehow thinking this may get them the attention they so dearly want from her, so sad to see many hog fans resort to this juvenile name calling.  And yes, CBB is a big guy, no doubt about it.  But I've seen a lot of hog fans as well, and aptly fed is the way I like to describe people that are approaching or well past 300lbs., there's a lot of'm out there, could be you, your wife, your Mom, Dad, brother, sister, do you make fun of them the same way you do our Coach?  Probably not.  Point is, don't make fun of anyone because there's something about yourself that someone could just as easily make fun of you, but why?  With Coach Bielema, we may have issues with his style of coaching or lack thereof, but taking personal attacks against him or his family is juvenile and makes the whole Razorback fan base look bad.

Steef

Fair question.

Hootie, MOTHO, TCTWF..... treated players he didn't like, like crap. His 'posse' treated them like crap. He treated the fans who didn't like him, like crap.

He treated the program like crap.

He was crap.

He deserved to be called crap.

Nick Satan....isn't our coach. How he treats us and/or how we treat him...is moot.

Same is true of Kiffin.

But whatever other faults Bret Bielema and his Lady might have...they have treated US....with class. Which I plainly stated in my OP.

There've been a few mentions in this thread of Bret throwing Hedlund under the bus and in truth, he did do that and it was unseemly. But that's not his NORMAL behavior....and after 4 1/2 years, the team pretty much adores him. So I'm going to think THEY approve of his behavior too.

Thank you for proving my original point.

If you want to post your opinion of how pretty she is, have at it. She is pretty. If you want to brag on how much enthusiasm she shows for our program....knock yourself out.

Congratulate her on her new baby.

And leave it there.

hawgon

Quote from: Steef on September 18, 2017, 11:56:53 am
Fair question.

Hootie, MOTHO, TCTWF..... treated players he didn't like, like crap. His 'posse' treated them like crap. He treated the fans who didn't like him, like crap.

He treated the program like crap.

He was crap.

He deserved to be called crap.

Nick Satan....isn't our coach. How he treats us and/or how we treat him...is moot.

Same is true of Kiffin.

But whatever other faults Bret Bielema and his Lady might have...they have treated US....with class. Which I plainly stated in my OP.

There've been a few mentions in this thread of Bret throwing Hedlund under the bus and in truth, he did do that and it was unseemly. But that's not his NORMAL behavior....and after 4 1/2 years, the team pretty much adores him. So I'm going to think THEY approve of his behavior too.

Thank you for proving my original point.

If you want to post your opinion of how pretty she is, have at it. She is pretty. If you want to brag on how much enthusiasm she shows for our program....knock yourself out.

Congratulate her on her new baby.

And leave it there.

So, it basically boils down to yo don't like it when people call him Bert.

Secondly, you have no answers for valid criticism of his weight or his slovenly appearance.  No, point was proved.  Appearance IS ALWAYS an element of leadership and ALL LEADERS realize it. 

Thirdly, no one has said anything derogatory about Jen.  So your point there is worthless and an intentional red herring.

birmingHAMette

As to the Bert/Bret name- I read once that a Wisconsin reporter accidentally
refered to him as Bert instead of Bret in a press conference and it stuck
as a joke. May be an urban legend.
I've never seen anyone write ugly things about his wife other
then the twitter thing with Wiscy fans.  I would hope people
would keep any coaches family out of the criticism.

Go Hogs

Ex-Trumpet

...Very few of us even know what Bob Stoops' or Les Miles' wives even look like.  Yet, the whole country knows Jen Bielema because she loved to tweet out pics of herself in a bikini.  And of course, there was a television show where she was on it every week too.

For the record...

Carol Stoops

Kathy Miles

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Steef

Quote from: hawgon on September 18, 2017, 12:03:30 pm

Secondly, you have no answers for valid criticism of his weight or his slovenly appearance.  No, point was proved.  Appearance IS ALWAYS an element of leadership and ALL LEADERS realize it. 

Thirdly, no one has said anything derogatory about Jen.  So your point there is worthless and an intentional red herring.

"Valid criticisms of his weight" is you, fighting for the right to be tacky.

I can critique the fact that our Oline is far behind where it ought to be in year five, without calling him fat. Or Bert.

Those who do that, are just unzipping and showing us all how classy they are.

Its not only unnecessary and mean, its also dumb and lazy.

As for Jen. The remarks about her that are/were over the line, get removed as quick as we see them. It was worse in year one & two. But Im not going to repeat them just so YOU mught believe they occur.

hogcard1964

Quote from: birmingHAMette on September 18, 2017, 12:09:31 pm
As to the Bert/Bret name- I read once that a Wisconsin reporter accidentally
refered to him as Bert instead of Bret in a press conference and it stuck
as a joke. May be an urban legend.
I've never seen anyone write ugly things about his wife other
then the twitter thing with Wiscy fans.  I would hope people
would keep any coaches family out of the criticism.

+1000

I like her

...her husband... not too much.

hawgon

Quote from: Steef on September 18, 2017, 12:22:59 pm
"Valid criticisms of his weight" is you, fighting for the right to be tacky.

I can critique the fact that our Oline is far behind where it ought to be in year five, without calling him fat. Or Bert.

Those who do that, are just unzipping and showing us all how classy they are.

Its not only unnecessary and mean, its also dumb and lazy.

As for Jen. The remarks about her that are/were over the line, get removed as quick as we see them. It was worse in year one & two. But Im not going to repeat them just so YOU mught believe they occur.

Just stop.  You lost the argument and showed your own shallowness the instant you stated that it was okay to say whatever about Houston Nutt because he was a bad guy.

Wolfpride

I watched the Clemson/Louisville game Saturday evening.  If you saw the first down review....that WAS a first down, then you saw Petrino's tirade.  Glad he was NOT wearing a Hog.  The only time I thought his antics like that were ok (not necessarily appropriate) was when LSU was making light of us losing Garrett Uekman.  He was defending......but what I saw Saturday evening was bad.  Bielema hasn't ever shown that side or hasn't gone to that extreme.  Glad we have Bielema and I HOPE he rights the ship.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.  And no good thing ever dies"
Andy Dufresne

Steef

Quote from: hawgon on September 18, 2017, 12:40:54 pm
Just stop.  You lost the argument and showed your own shallowness the instant you stated that it was okay to say whatever about Houston Nutt because he was a bad guy.

My OP plainly stated the Bielemas were treating us better than we treated them

You brought up Nutt, who had nothing to do with that.

But Nutt earned the personal disrespect he got.

The Bielemas have not.

Heres where you tell me again, its okay to call people fat because you dont like losing a football game.

Redhogs

Quote from: Wolfpride on September 18, 2017, 12:45:33 pm
I watched the Clemson/Louisville game Saturday evening.  If you saw the first down review....that WAS a first down, then you saw Petrino's tirade.  Glad he was NOT wearing a Hog.  The only time I thought his antics like that were ok (not necessarily appropriate) was when LSU was making light of us losing Garrett Uekman.  He was defending......but what I saw Saturday evening was bad.  Bielema hasn't ever shown that side or hasn't gone to that extreme.  Glad we have Bielema and I HOPE he rights the ship.
Good grief....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hawgon

Quote from: Steef on September 18, 2017, 12:48:29 pm
My OP plainly stated the Bielemas were treating us better than we treated them

You brought up Nutt, who had nothing to do with that.

But Nutt earned the personal disrespect he got.

The Bielemas have not.

Heres where you tell me again, its okay to call people fat because you dont like losing a football game.

It's okay to call people fat who are fat.  It's not okay to eat your life away.

redneckfriend

You mean you're asking Hogville posters to care about their "integrity"? Good luck with that- all you'll get is temper tantrums and billingsgate until this coach is fired (not to mention the AD). And when the next coach has similar results- wash, rinse, repeat. Bielema isn't getting the job done true but the fan expectations of what "getting the job done" means far exceed reality so this is pretty much Arkansas football. Constant fan turmoil and anger directed at whomever is the savior du jour. 

bkjbearcat

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 17, 2017, 08:43:21 pm
Mike has won 25 or more games in 2 of the last 3 years. he has done a nice rebuild of the program. and he's is recruiting very well right now. the basketball program is in great hands.would have beat UNC if not for the refs. so just stop it.

Reggie Perry going to Miss St shows otherwise.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Dominicanhog

redneckfriend

Quote from: hawgon on September 18, 2017, 12:03:30 pm

Not attacking you personally and calling you stupid but that is a pretty stupid thing to say. Being overweight is not always, or even often, a personal decision. It is frequently beyond the individual's volition and the science of obesity is now beginning to understand the many factors that impact how much person weighs.

Even if it were under the control of will you are making a tacit judgment about character based on that- just as I might make a judgement about your character based on the socks or shirt you choose to wear. Further if it were a willful decision to over eat and that impacts life span that is his problem and the risk/ benefit are something that he and his physician, who unlike you actually might know something about that other than what they hear on the evening news, should discuss. Finally, the ultimate test of whether that charge is ad hominem is that I suspect that if he were winning neither you nor anyone else would be concerned in the least about his weight. Body shaming is just a way to attack another person in a way intended to make them feel inadequate and unable to answer- like the old school yard taunt- "four eyes" is for kids who wear glasses.

hawgon

Quote from: redneckfriend on September 18, 2017, 01:33:17 pm
Not attacking you personally and calling you stupid but that is a pretty stupid thing to say. Being overweight is not always, or even often, a personal decision. It is frequently beyond the individual's volition and the science of obesity is now beginning to understand the many factors that impact how much person weighs.

Even if it were under the control of will you are making a tacit judgment about character based on that- just as I might make a judgement about your character based on the socks or shirt you choose to wear. Further if it were a willful decision to over eat and that impacts life span that is his problem and the risk/ benefit are something that he and his physician, who unlike you actually might know something about that other than what they hear on the evening news, should discuss. Finally, the ultimate test of whether that charge is ad hominem is that I suspect that if he were winning neither you nor anyone else would be concerned in the least about his weight. Body shaming is just a way to attack another person in a way intended to make them feel inadequate and unable to answer- like the old school yard taunt- "four eyes" is for kids who wear glasses.

Excess weight is 99% of the time a personal decision. Pretending it is anything else is mere wishful thinking and rationalization.

redneckfriend

Quote from: hawgon on September 18, 2017, 01:36:45 pm
Excess weight is 99% of the time a personal decision. Pretending it is anything else is mere wishful thinking and rationalization.

If you make an unqualified assertion like that you should quote or provide a link to the study that shows it to be true- otherwise we just have your word for it.

hawgon

Quote from: redneckfriend on September 18, 2017, 01:46:24 pm
If you make an unqualified assertion like that you should quote or provide a link to the study that shows it to be true- otherwise we just have your word for it.

Take my word for it, I'm right. 

AirWarren

Quote from: hawgon on September 18, 2017, 12:50:29 pm
It's okay to call people fat who are fat.  It's not okay to eat your life away.

Ahhh. Another human being free from zero vice.

TrueBlue

hawgon

Quote from: AP85 on September 18, 2017, 02:09:13 pm
Ahhh. Another human being free from zero vice.

No, not at all.  We call drunks, drunks.  We excoriate people who smoke.  We all hate in liars.  And so on and so forth and all of us to a man, expect to be called out on that when we do it.  But, oh please don't talk about the people ruining their lives at the buffet table.  That's just mean.

The number one health crisis in this country right now is obesity. 

TrueBlue

Since the famous tweet from Jen about "karma" to Wisky fans,

Wisconsin: 41-12
Arkansas: 23-27

Hoggie17

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 17, 2017, 05:35:52 pm
I think 98% of the Beilema negativity has been about coaching the team to wins or losses.  It's about winning games, not much else.  I could care less what he wears or looks like or what his wife is doing.  Fans are simply disgruntled with the 3-7 mark in the last 10 games against Power 5 conference teams.  (Record verified by FactChecker).
I could care less about who the coach is, it's all about wins and loses. You win I will support and you're losing in your 5th year it's time for a change.  That's it in a nut shell.

Seebs

Quote from: hawgon on September 18, 2017, 01:51:25 pm
Take my word for it, I'm right. 
My Goodness you are a blight to this board and the fanbase. Hope you find happiness because you are one of the more bitter people I've ever read.  Sad.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 17, 2017, 12:11:21 pm
That's good that he has those characteristics, but they don't win ball games and that's what he was hired to do.
There is more to coaching than winning ball games. I get pissed when to don't win too but I'm just saying. Ask Bobby P.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"