Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This State will divide in a few years.

Started by Ben, September 01, 2017, 12:46:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

With the uppity country bumpkins in NWA blaming/criticizing LR, WMS, and Central Arkansas all together, its only a matter of time before there is a real split in this state between NWA and Central Arkansas (and possibly the rest of the state). If there is, there's going to be some decent recruits from different parts of this state that will skip out on playing with the hogs I feel. NWA already doesn't produce quality D1 athletes like Central and South Arkansas.

What kills me is the ones criticizing the attendance last night are the ones who didn't even go to the game....or haven't been in a few years.
Outside of obvious factors (Weather, Thursday, weak opponent), attendance in the past 5 years I feel the REAL problem has been due to the Razorbacks being mediocre/below mediocre. This constant complaining about WMS was never seen when Arkansas was decent. Now that they lose to Monroe, Toledo, Miss St, and get murdered by UGA, they want to blame LR/WMS when the real problem is the quality of the team. How quick people forget we were about to lose to a LT team with a backup qb in Fayetteville last year. How quick people forget Arkansas has never beaten Nick Saban in Fayetteville, but did twice in LR.

I just can't believe the finger pointing that's going on. If Arkansas moves all games to Fayetteville, then that would be cool. Keep the fans in NWA happy and maybe LR can come together and make UALR Trojan Football a reality.
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

pa_rob424

It's a bigger benefit to the university to have games played in Fayetteville. Very simple. Does any other team play home games away from their home stadium where the capacity is less, attendance is worse, and they have to travel a few hours (or spend $$ taking a flight) in order to play?  Does any other team do this so that a segment of fans in another part of the state are satisfied because they don't have to travel so far to watch them play?  Should we build a crappy stadium in Tulsa and play there every year to make those Hog fans happy?  Bottom line is, if you have a team you support that isn't based where you live or very close to it, you should expect to travel to games and not have games come to you. If you want big games in LR, don't make an excuse of weather, opponent, night of the week, or whatever lane reason you can find as to why people don't show. Prove that the area wants and deserves to have games continued to be played there. LR hasn't  recently and I'm happy that they haven't . Only confirms my belief that all true home games belong in Fayetteville.  Just wondering if you also thought the $$ paid to FAMU was disgraceful as well as thinking the reason they rode the bus was Arkansas' fault?  Do you also happen to go by the handle of "Snake"??

pa_rob424

I forgot to add to the statement about UALR. If you think any sport that UALR will ever have would cause a divide in the state you are delusional. Do us all a favor and burn all your razorback gear the instant UALR  gets a football team, if it ever happens. We don't need so-called fans like you. 

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Ben on September 01, 2017, 12:46:00 pm
With the uppity country bumpkins in NWA blaming/criticizing LR, WMS, and Central Arkansas all together, its only a matter of time before there is a real split in this state between NWA and Central Arkansas (and possibly the rest of the state). If there is, there's going to be some decent recruits from different parts of this state that will skip out on playing with the hogs I feel. NWA already doesn't produce quality D1 athletes like Central and South Arkansas.

What kills me is the ones criticizing the attendance last night are the ones who didn't even go to the game....or haven't been in a few years.
Outside of obvious factors (Weather, Thursday, weak opponent), attendance in the past 5 years I feel the REAL problem has been due to the Razorbacks being mediocre/below mediocre. This constant complaining about WMS was never seen when Arkansas was decent. Now that they lose to Monroe, Toledo, Miss St, and get murdered by UGA, they want to blame LR/WMS when the real problem is the quality of the team. How quick people forget we were about to lose to a LT team with a backup qb in Fayetteville last year. How quick people forget Arkansas has never beaten Nick Saban in Fayetteville, but did twice in LR.

I just can't believe the finger pointing that's going on. If Arkansas moves all games to Fayetteville, then that would be cool. Keep the fans in NWA happy and maybe LR can come together and make UALR Trojan Football a reality.

oh... so now you guys are saying you need NWA to fill up WMS?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Hogwop

Lol Way to bitch about finger pointing while finger pointing
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Ben

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 01, 2017, 01:05:14 pm
no you are deflecting and adding things. I'm simply saying if you didn't go to the game, you have no reason to be talking about attendance.
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.

Ben

Quote from: pa_rob424 on September 01, 2017, 01:04:07 pm
I forgot to add to the statement about UALR. If you think any sport that UALR will ever have would cause a divide in the state you are delusional. Do us all a favor and burn all your razorback gear the instant UALR  gets a football team, if it ever happens. We don't need so-called fans like you.

Never said UALR having a team would divide the state. Reading is fundamental.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Ben on September 01, 2017, 01:19:22 pm
no you are deflecting and adding things. I'm simply saying if you didn't go to the game, you have no reason to be talking about attendance.
i'm deflecting and adding zilch.... you are simply changing your tune now...

Ben

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 01, 2017, 01:21:56 pm
i'm deflecting and adding zilch.... you are simply changing your tune now...
I didn't say anything about "needing" NWA to fill up WMS, so yes you are deflecting and adding your own words. A sign that you know I'm right.

DeltaBoy

Timing and recent down turns with the Football program hurt the attendance last night.

School night for public school kids
Right before Labor Day Weekend
The Thud ending to last season
A Poor quality Opponent.
If we had opened with TCU or Tennessee it would have been better.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

widespreadsooie

Lost me at uppity country bumpkins

ricepig

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 01, 2017, 02:23:17 pm
Lost me at uppity country bumpkins

Yeah, that's the only part of the state with pumpkins, the rest of the state has red necks......

ricepig

Maybe Gentle Ben needs to do a poll on it, at least a thread with a question in it.....

snoblind

Quote from: ricepig on September 01, 2017, 02:29:55 pm
Maybe Gentle Ben needs to do a poll on it, at least a thread with a question in it.....

Is this guy the gentle Ben on the call in shows?

hobhog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 01, 2017, 01:05:14 pm
You guys? Just need Hog fans that go to games. Not lazy boy TV fans. We already have lots of those....

hobhog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 01, 2017, 02:21:45 pm
Timing and recent down turns with the Football program hurt the attendance last night.

A Poor quality Opponent.

Nothing will get TV fair weather fans out of their chairs anymore.

JaketheSnake

Larger population (for a few more years at least) and far weaker attendance for the only game of the year.  If LR decides to become Trojan country, maybe the UofA can spend more recruiting time in Tulsa. More recruits there anyway.  And less chance of getting shot.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 01, 2017, 02:21:45 pm

A Poor quality Opponent.

It would have been better because TCU or Tennessee would have been played in RRS.

Torqued pork

I know fans who attend every home game and the game itself is secondary to tailgating and socializing. I also know fans who rarely if ever go, but who will listen intently on a radio if that's all they have. It's not unusual at all for the latter to know much more about the game afterwards.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: snoblind on September 01, 2017, 05:11:46 pm
Is this guy the gentle Ben on the call in shows?

I'm pretty sure Gentle Ben is overtheroadtruckdriver AND ricepig

lot's of aliases

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on September 04, 2017, 12:38:34 pm
It would have been better because TCU or Tennessee would have been played in RRS.

Games being on TV also hurts attendance everywhere. It just too easy to buy some good food and snacks and set in the stratrocaster recliner , no Drunks no lines for the restrooms or folks standing up the entire game like their some dang Aggie. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

trash stache

The University of Arkansas will become more attractive to the likes of SW Missouri, Eastern Oklahoma, and SE Kansas.  Good luck with that.  It's a changing environment and nothing lasts forever.  There will still be plenty of Hog Fans throughout Arkansas, but if BB doesn't start winning SEC games, the crowd will continue to dwindle every year.  I grew up in Central Arkansas and graduated from U of A.  I love the hogs, will always support the hogs (and bitch about the coach), but my days of attending more than 1-2 games a year have come to a halt due to the season of my life.  In all honesty, there are so many more options out there these days and a change in the lifestyle of people.  Go Hogs,  support em by attending if you want to, if not, no big deal.  The U of A only needs to sell out suites and club seats, they don't need the average fan in the seat to make a profit.  It just looks good on TV. 

DeltaBoy

Fact is we had kids go to border state schools for years and it not hurt the hogs.  I had a neighbor go play basketball at La Tech in the  late 1970's and we had several farm families that were Old Miss grads, Add in LSU and Memphis State you had pretty strange group but I remember most they all watched, attended and rooted for the HOGS and that when the games were only on Radio unless it was Texas.

Ending the games in LR will Not hurt the hogs long term since the Largest Razorback Alumni group is in Dallas Texas.

trash stache

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 07, 2017, 10:46:36 am
Fact is we had kids go to border state schools for years and it not hurt the hogs.  I had a neighbor go play basketball at La Tech in the  late 1970's and we had several farm families that were Old Miss grads, Add in LSU and Memphis State you had pretty strange group but I remember most they all watched, attended and rooted for the HOGS and that when the games were only on Radio unless it was Texas.

Ending the games in LR will Not hurt the hogs long term since the Largest Razorback Alumni group is in Dallas Texas.

30-40% of fayetteville games are attended by people who live 1.5+ hours away.  It won't hurt immediately, but 10-15 years, you will see less and less people from far away regions attend the games.  The flip side is NWA is growing fast.  So it may not matter from an attendance perspective.

DLUXHOG

More options or not, Nothing can or ever will match the aura and atmosphere of attending a Hog game in Fayetteville.............  WPS!

JaketheSnake

Quote from: trash stache on September 07, 2017, 11:33:13 am
30-40% of fayetteville games are attended by people who live 1.5+ hours away.  It won't hurt immediately, but 10-15 years, you will see less and less people from far away regions attend the games.  The flip side is NWA is growing fast.  So it may not matter from an attendance perspective.
Where do those stats come from?

Mr. Porkleone

September 07, 2017, 03:37:01 pm #26 Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 09:20:25 pm by Mr. Porkleone

Miserable post by a miserable person. WMS time has passed, there were good and bad time there, times change and days of teams with 2 stadiums is over. Now back of from the ledge and chill out. Don't be so mad about NWA being better place to live and work than Central Ark. When I open the NWA version of the democrat I don't read about multiple murders like the LR area. LR is a crime zone, burglary zone and a murder zone. No wonder your so streesed out Ben.

majestic

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

DeltaBoy

Hawgphat

"Can't we all just get along"?

(Yes; - - - that's a rhetorical question.)

:P