Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Juco

Started by BigBen, July 14, 2017, 12:16:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBen

I know this has been discussed before but kinda wanted to see if more people felt like I did and that if we had a good in state juco program that I could help us close the gap. I think we all agree that there are plenty of prospects in the state each year that are underdeveloped and this could maybe give us a place to have them go and keep an eye on them. We all know Bill Snyder built a very successful program at Kstate with jucos in a similar state that doesn't have a lot of top end recruits every year. I feel like a lot of years we are one or 2 players away on each side of the ball and this could maybe help us get those players.

Seebs

I believe it is called Arkansas State.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

RebelW

I wish this is what they would form UALR in to.

Cinco de Hogo

My opinion is it would help High School ball a lot.  Right now HS players know they have no future after HS if they aren't an absolute stud.  If we had JUCO I think a lot more late bloomers would put more effort into their HS career hoping they would get a chance to play JUCO.   There are always some that bloom make it to a four year college that wouldn't otherwise.

oldfart

many may be like me...i was only 16 when i graduated. i did ok in hs but trying to play in college was overwhelmed. i lasted on the frosh team but that was it

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

ricepig

Quote from: oldfart on July 14, 2017, 06:27:47 pm
many may be like me...i was only 16 when i graduated. i did ok in hs but trying to play in college was overwhelmed. i lasted on the frosh team but that was it

They don't make those leather helmets like they use to..........

oldfart

well they werent leather but no facemask!!!

aloha_kid

presidenthog

We all agree with this, but unless you are forking out the cash to get it started it is nothing more than a pipe dream.

oldfart

correct me if im wrong (i probably am) but i seem to recal NWACC was considering fielding a team

Tusks

Need to have hootie take his new OMU winnings and start a JRC program in arkansas to help the 'helmet'
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit