Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keto.....and the gym

Started by Pulled(PP)pork, September 22, 2018, 05:11:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulled(PP)pork

did the keto thing a few months back, lost all the weight I was looking to lose and have pretty much kept it off.  I'll admit it felt good, Ive maintained the weight I reached, even after returning to the carb world.  But now, Ive noticed, the belly fat is returning, the love handles have reappeared.....even maintaining the same weight. On a side note, I also was able to completely stop taking my neurontin, motrin and zoloft. 
I guess my query is, what is anyone doing for workouts, either at home or in a gym?  Ive looked at VShred on my facebook, worked with multiple BeachBody programs among other well known workouts, but nothing catches my eye or keeps my interest. 

Any suggestions?

Pulled out...

hawgrunner

I go to the gym 3 times a week and on the other days I ride my bike...(see the cycling thread here)
My issue is food intake, my wife like to bake and my daughter works at Cold Stone. So every time I start to make headway on the waist line here comes baked good or ice cream... my discipline in that area sux's!!

Silver Hog

cut the sugar and processed foods. My wife started doing that, and by force I had to. Dropped 10 pounds easily.  Walk a lot, drink lots of water. Short of salads, it is something to do.

HF#1

I am currently doing Keto and have never felt better and have no intentions of going back. I don't eat processed crap. I eat grass fed animals, oils, and fats. I eat what I was meant to eat, not the crap they put in grocery stores. Wife is onboard as well. I've never felt better. I have energy, mental clarity, lost weight (30lbs), bp dropped to normal...

I have tried to educate everyone I know about it. If you did it before, why would you stop?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Pulled(PP)pork

Im still at 190, and haven't followed the plan in months....sometimes I wonder if I have a intestinal issue.

PP

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: HF#1 on October 13, 2018, 09:22:45 pm
I am currently doing Keto and have never felt better and have no intentions of going back. I don't eat processed crap. I eat grass fed animals, oils, and fats. I eat what I was meant to eat, not the crap they put in grocery stores. Wife is onboard as well. I've never felt better. I have energy, mental clarity, lost weight (30lbs), bp dropped to normal...

I have tried to educate everyone I know about it. If you did it before, why would you stop?

Well, educate. I can not seem to wrap my mind around Keto. What fats do you consume that are not protein heavy? Could you give a basic rundown of your meal plans?
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

HogFan219

I'm doing Keto right now. I'm down almost 40 lbs since last December. I've got about 20 more to go before I hit my target. My goal is to maintain through the holidays, and then go back to the straight and narrow after Jan. 1. Just have to be realistic sometimes!

My Dr and nutritionist each said lifting weights is great for Keto. Even if it's body weight exercises. Doesn't necessarily have to be with gym equipment. For cardio, a medium pace at a moderate incline is actually better than running for Keto. I set my treadmill at an incline of 2.5 and set the speed at about 3.5 for 30-45 mins depending on how much time I have.

A poster asked about how to get fats without blowing past your protein goal every day. Cooking with real butter, coconut oil, fat bombs for a "desert." Avocados are a great food. It's hard to get all of the fat calories before I hit my protein and total calorie goals for any given day. I follow the diet about 90-95% of how I'm supposed to, a little cheat every now and then but nothing too crazy, and I've had good weight loss over the last year.

HF#1

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on October 26, 2018, 01:52:33 am
Well, educate. I can not seem to wrap my mind around Keto. What fats do you consume that are not protein heavy? Could you give a basic rundown of your meal plans?

It is difficult to balance out. I helped my fat intake by adding real grass fed clarified butter and coconut oil to my coffee, along with a shake or two of Redman's real salt. The first few drinks are oil slick -ish but after that it's enjoyable. I eat a lot of bacon, eggs cooked in bacon grease and butter, steak, avacado, etc. I'm not far from just going 100% carnivore at this point.

Protein isn't bad for you on this diet.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin